Hearts v St Mirren, 8/4/23

My reverse psychology seems to have worked 😁 . The highlights seemed to show Hearts having most of the play, don’t know how accurate that was, not having been at the game. Decent result nevertheless and keeps top half of the league a possibility still. My comment from earlier still stands though, we have nothing up front and most goals come from defenders/ midfield. 

On 2/18/2023 at 11:49 AM, Saint@Johnstone said:

Just a few short days ago most, myself included, were anticipating 6 points from the next two games. Now the excuses are in for our fourth defeat on the spin. Surely even reserve players will have a bit of fight and outdo those who are missing. Main thing is to avoid a relegation scrap as is usually the case. Fingers crossed. 

6 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

My reverse psychology seems to have worked 😁 . The highlights seemed to show Hearts having most of the play, don’t know how accurate that was, not having been at the game. Decent result nevertheless and keeps top half of the league a possibility still. My comment from earlier still stands though, we have nothing up front and most goals come from defenders/ midfield. 

I like a man that sticks to his beliefs. :lol:

10 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

I watched it. Hearts had most of the ball but discounting Halliday hitting the crossbar they were lacking confidence with too many slack passes.

We played very well with Gogic picking up in midfield, breaking up playing and sticking tackles in.  He was unlucky not to score from a header or more than 1 occasion.

No criticism on the team performance, we just wouldn’t give Hearts peace and chasing them down really put them off.

I like the way we give the opposition the ball in their own half and only start to mobilise when they cross the halfway line.

I’ve said before, let’s get that statue sorted for Robbo if we get top 6. I was so sure about yesterday’s win that I put £10 on it!!!!!

Edited by Hunterian

11 hours ago, pondsman said:

And true recognition at last. Buddies' game up to second (behind the OF game, natch!) in the running order on tonight's Sportscene. Probably more to do with Hearts' troubles, but who cares. We've arrived, folks!

COYS!

They showed the goals and the sending off, but that is about it.  The rest was just about Hearts.

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

On Hearts fan forum pre match ,most were not confident of a win, yet furious after an expected defeat ! Seems like their manager (originally a Saints fan I believe) is heading for the door. As for us, I anticipate a defeat next week but a good game v Killie following that. Possibly break our ground attendance at that one ?

Maybe…

wiki : “Born in Paisley, Renfrewshire.[2] Neilson was originally attached to Rangers, through their Boys Club system.