Flags

As the players step out on to the pitch, the kids are there waving flags coloured, black, white and ...red in equal portions.  When did 'red' become a standard colour other than the colour of the numbers on the back of the shirts.  Our colours and BLACK and WHITE.

31 minutes ago, HSS said:

I’ve always wondered why people say black and white?

Why is it never white and black?

For the same reason people don't say 'chips and fish'...

Anyway, I partially agree with the opening poster, but also partially agree with @TPAFKA Jersey 2. :) Our main colours are black and white, with red being far less significant, but still an integral part of the club's identity. In any flag, red should be a minor constituent, comprising say 10% with black and white making up 45% each. 

Edited by W6er

4 hours ago, Jockmd said:

As the players step out on to the pitch, the kids are there waving flags coloured, black, white and ...red in equal portions.  When did 'red' become a standard colour other than the colour of the numbers on the back of the shirts.  Our colours and BLACK and WHITE.

Agreed, don't like it when they put a red trim on our home tops, looks shit imo..

4 hours ago, W6er said:

For the same reason people don't say 'chips and fish'...

Anyway, I partially agree with the opening poster, but also partially agree with @TPAFKA Jersey 2. :) Our main colours are black and white, with red being far less significant, but still an integral part of the club's identity. In any flag, red should be a minor constituent, comprising say 10% with black and white making up 45% each. 

Maybe Div should change the forums name to Black & White & a wee bit of Red army.... 😂

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’ve been watching St. Mirren since 1976 and the club colours have ALWAYS been Black, White and Red. 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

Other than the red socks in 64/65, until relatively recently, red was really only the colour of the number on the back and change colours. 

Even then, it’s really just bit of trim on the strip occasionally that is red

I’d prefer if we just stuck to black and white and I’d prefer it if the supporters did as well 😜

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

Other than the red socks in 64/65, until relatively recently, red was really only the colour of the number on the back and change colours. 

I’d prefer if we just stuck to black and white and I’d prefer it if the supporters did as well 😜

I'd prefer if you'd get the Internet taken away. 😜

17 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Red was until probably the late 90s almost exclusively our away kit colour (sometimes white). Also I remember the bar scarves back in the day that were black with a thinner white bar and then an even thinner red bar inside the white one. Things like club ties always had red in them too. 
Put it this way, if some asked me what colours St. Mirren play in I would always say black and white stripes, but if someone asked me what are St. Mirren’s club colours, I would always say black, white and red.