Welcome Stav Mahmani

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Controversial in a political and humanitarian context it may be but I hope we can leave that behind when he actually starts playing. I don’t see Celtic Fans complaining about Japan’s involvement in atrocities committed in WW2. Historical? Yes

Well Japan are not currently an occupying power oppressing a minority, so there is no comparison.

• 6 months later...
On 6/29/2023 at 6:58 PM, Slarti said:
On 6/29/2023 at 5:53 PM, Warrior Saint said:
Be a decent partnership with Main!!!!

FFS, has he left already?

He will do.  Soon, it seems.

Stav set for Saints exit 

Maccabi Haifa look set to recall Stav Nahmani from St Mirren but are open to keep him in Scotland.

The Israeli under-21 is to have his Buddies’ stint cut short.

Maccabi sent Nahmani out on loan to get first-team experience in Europe.

The Israel side is set to trigger their recall in the coming days.

Nahmani has netted three goals despite limited game time under Stephen Robinson.

The 21-year-old has had limited game time in Paisley and St Mirren have just added striker James Scott.

Robinson has continually talked up the striker and will be disappointed to lose him.

The move would also allow St Mirren to save wages after they took in Scott, Jaden Brown and Elvis Bwomono this month.

Maccabi would be open to loaning Nahmani out to another Premiership club.

They may even consider a Scottish Championship move to get him more overseas experience.

Shame if he goes , He hasn’t had the same opportunities as Mandron , Ayunga & Olusanya .  [emoji107]
According to SR he never showed much in training and LJ did so over took over him in the pecking order. Even tho his performances was excellent against RCFC

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Sad that it didn’t work out for Stav. I think there must have been personal circumstances, wasn’t showing the effort in training or maybe an attitude/issues towards systems/formations. 
After watching his performance partnering Ayunga in the win against County, quite a few of us thought we had a real player on our hands. 
Hope he kickstarts his career but not with another Scottish team. 

Unfortunate that it didn't work out. He looked decent in his brief appearances. You would have to think that understandably, what is going on back home has had a major impact on his time with us. I have no idea how he did in training or what his attitude was like but I would have liked to see more of him.