New Striker

19 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I disagree he took over a team "as flat as a pancake".

The team just had a great two months(the best two months we had under Goodwin) the basis on which Cormack thought he was best man for the Aberdeen job.

The team certainly did look "flat as a pancake" in his first few months.

I'm not hitting panic button as someone pointed out we have been horrendous in League cup every year bar one since winning it.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

In fairness to Faraway, Goodwin's good run that got him the Don's gig was a 7 match winning run but 3 of them were v lower league opposition and, previous to that, we were eye-bleedingly bad to watch with results peppered with draws  and defeats. It was no surprise it took Robinson time to sort out the way he wanted the team to play. I don't think I was alone in wondering why Aberdeen were willing to pay a fee for him.

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

In fairness to Faraway, Goodwin's good run that got him the Don's gig was a 7 match winning run but 3 of them were v lower league opposition and, previous to that, we were eye-bleedingly bad to watch with results peppered with draws  and defeats. It was no surprise it took Robinson time to sort out the way he wanted the team to play. I don't think I was alone in wondering why Aberdeen were willing to pay a fee for him.

He did not have a 7 match winning run. Two of them were lower league cup games. I agree we scraped by in many of the league games. He left on the 19th February 2022 prior to the Livingston match. 

IMG_3205.thumb.jpeg.8874f477a8e1f39f51529d15db1cd030.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

He did not have a 7 match winning run. Two of them were lower league cup games. I agree we scraped by in many of the league games. He left on the 19th February 2022 prior to the Livingston match. 

My mistake. I forgot we only drew with Motherwell.

It was still that isolated run that convinced Aberdeen to part with cash for his services.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

My mistake. I forgot we only drew with Motherwell.

It was still that isolated run that convinced Aberdeen to part with cash for his services.

And it turned out financially well for Saints.
I like Jim as a person but I think he is limited in his ability as a manager. 

All managers have a shelf life. As soon as the ink is dry on the contract it’s only a matter of time in the modern game before they get sacked or depart for another club. 

No one can criticise JG for the move to Aberdeen either financially or career progression. 

On 7/17/2023 at 3:38 PM, elvis said:

The Israeli  boy is never a striker don't care how people try to dress it up.Then again neither is any of the others we have.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:31 PM, elvis said:

It's not about that he can have as many chances as you like but it's not going to turn him into a striker not in a month of Sundays.

Quality insight 😂

27 minutes ago, fmckinn said:

what tweet, don't have twitter

There's a guy on twitter in Turkey put up a pic of him saying we know know who his new club is with a pic of the saints badge beside him.If you go on to p.n.b you will see it.

Edited by elvis