St Mirren v Aberdeen SPFL Premiership 27/8/23

shull

Absolutely gutted. Was that offside for what seemed a good goal even in the same phase of play? Why would VAR even mention a double touch for their penalty if it wasn't? Aberdeen will be carrying their point up the A9 in a swag bag. Why is it that VAR checks WTF they like? If they check our goal for offside missed by on field officials surely it would be consistent to check for a mistaken foul for their goal.

All this apart an almost flawless performance by our outfield players. It's such a shame we were denied by a stupid mistake by our goalie and poor decisions by officials.

The most complete performance I think I've ever saw from St Mirren cannot remember dominating one team like that for a full 90 minutes ever.

There are 100 more things to say about that match but ultimately it's the St Mirren way to do things that ending.

On the bright side though grab 3 points by good, bad or downright lucky next week and a very good chance we go into international break top of the league on our own.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The most complete performance I think I've ever saw from St Mirren cannot remember dominating one team like that for a full 90 minutes ever.

There are 100 more things to say about that match but ultimately it's the St Mirren way to do things that ending.

On the bright side though grab 3 points by good, bad or downright lucky next week and a very good chance we go into international break top of the league on our own.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Aye, amid the understandable frustration over VAR it shouldn't be forgotten how good the performance was.

7 points from 9 and in the quarter final of the League Cup, what's not to be happy about? 👍

59 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The attendances across the board would suggest the opposite. 🤣

Maybe the new attendees enjoy the pish  that is happening but a lot of older supporters are getting fed up with it. Hey maybe it is just me but I am very c!ose to chucking it after 60 years. I do not really give a fuc k what anyone else thinks but VAR is likely to finish me off.I barely watch any televised football with VAR as it bores the tits off me as you have  no idea how long a match will last. When I started going to Love Street you left the ground at 4:40 and wondered up the road to the Court Bar for it opening at 5.00. Mostly are lucky to be out the ground by ten past five.  I accept I am an old fart but I think my football end is nigh. All the best to you all who still like watching faceless pricks deciding matches. It is no longer for me. Preferred when the players decided matches. 

5 minutes ago, guinness said:

Maybe the new attendees enjoy the pish  that is happening but a lot of older supporters are getting fed up with it. Hey maybe it is just me but I am very c!ose to chucking it after 60 years. I do not really give a fuc k what anyone else thinks but VAR is likely to finish me off.I barely watch any televised football with VAR as it bores the tits off me as you have  no idea how long a match will last. When I started going to Love Street you left the ground at 4:40 and wondered up the road to the Court Bar for it opening at 5.00. Mostly are lucky to be out the ground by ten past five.  I accept I am an old fart but I think my football end is nigh. All the best to you all who still like watching faceless pricks deciding matches. It is no longer for me. Preferred when the players decided matches. 

🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, shull said:

It's Faraway Saint's default response to ridicule and belittle St Mirren fans. 

And where does calling someone a muppet fit in to your moral stance?

The bile you throw out under your cowardly aliases is another level of abuse.

Back to Betty sad sack. 🤣🤣🤣

PS Tell Betty from EK he's on ignore so his incessant drivel is wasting his time.:lol: 

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Go tell teacher and get me banned again, Muppet. 😂

He is worse than a Muppet. A horrible individual.

What did Guinness do to him ?

Unprovoked attack.

Faraway Saint is never the victim. Always the bully.

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Football is becoming a pile of shite. Good goals scored suddenly cancelled for reasons  no-one in the ground knew about. Goals disallowed when even the players of the team favoured have not claimed. Genuinely think in a few years attendances will fall because people are pissed off watching games being decided by people not in the ground with no interest in the flow of the game. Also why does an obvious penalty like ours today require such a !ong check?  If the criteria is clear and obvious five minutes is a joke. All you online watchers can fuc k off but we who attend are becoming fedup. 

I have to agree with you on this bud. Being of a similar age, I feel that VAR is draining everything that has fuelled football all my life. Emotion, discussion, controversy to look back on, joy of celebrating. For me it’s all gone and as for time added on…. Well 😔

Maybe I am just getting old and maybe I’m just reacting to today’s decisions but with VAR I believe football has lost so much 

18 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

It's not VAR, it is the idiots who use it who are the problem.  Why did anyone think it would help when it is the same idiots deciding who have been cocking it up for years

If VAR was used as it was meant to, ie, preventing CLEAR AND OBVIOUS mistakes, it would work ok. If it takes these idiots five minutes and thirty odd views to decide the ref got it wrong then it is NOT obvious the ref got it wrong,

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If VAR was used as it was meant to, ie, preventing CLEAR AND OBVIOUS mistakes, it would work ok. If it takes these idiots five minutes and thirty odd views to decide the ref got it wrong then it is NOT obvious the ref got it wrong,

One that also annoyed me was our pen that ref immediately gave...then we had to wait 3 mins for the VAR team to get their specs on to confirm.... for the record hate VAR especially the cheap Scottish version

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I never saw the terms of referrence for the project and to this point was unaware it was only meant to cover the clear and obvious

That said, the flight of the ball at their penalty implied there was a double hit and all they had to look for was the point where it would have occurred

Just now, beyond our ken said:

I never saw the terms of referrence for the project and to this point was unaware it was only meant to cover the clear and obvious

That said, the flight of the ball at their penalty implied there was a double hit and all they had to look for was the point where it would have occurred

And yet they are not accountable.... 

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

One that also annoyed me was our pen that ref immediately gave...then we had to wait 3 mins for the VAR team to get their specs on to confirm.... for the record hate VAR especially the cheap Scottish version

Yip it felt like they were scouring the footage looking for a reason to chalk it off

I'm sure Beaton was saying can't you find anything take it back a good bit at least 5mins 

Football Sport GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Can imagine one of them sitting there saying there's a seagull in a offside position does that count boss 

16 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Yip it felt like they were scouring the footage looking for a reason to chalk it off

I'm sure Beaton was saying can't you find anything take it back a good bit at least 5mins 

Football Sport GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Can imagine one of them sitting there saying there's a seagull in a offside position does that count boss 

Yeah or saying " whats the offside law again i only refereed the OF "

8 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Great performance today, think we were the victim of VAR. This is the best Saints team for a long time, hope they keep it up. 

VAR showed it, the ref called it.  One got it wrong.    But nothing is going to put me watching my team.  COYS. 

36 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Great performance today, think we were the victim of VAR. This is the best Saints team for a long time, hope they keep it up. 

For me I think we are looking at the best team since the early 80s. 

The recruitment has been fantastic.

What a player Olusanya looks. Can't believe this is the same player I saw playing for Arbroath.

We have quality all over the park and really have a great chance of pushing on from 6th last season.

Edited by lenziebud