Gogic

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Scot Burns saying signing for 3 years fantastic news if true.

Hasn't Gogic been a pivotal part of the team that you have lambasted right through this season ?

Why would you want him to sign a contract extension ?

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hasn't Gogic been a pivotal part of the team that you have lambasted right through this season ?

Why would you want him to sign a contract extension ?

Always f**king one.

34 minutes ago, elvis said:

Always f**king one.

Unfortunately there are about 5 or 6 of the trolls.

Try ignore them Elvis 

18 minutes ago, shull said:

Unfortunately there are about 5 or 6 of the trolls.

Try ignore them Elvis 

You're getting confused between people speaking the truth and the alias that you love.

Here to help.

Back on topic, brilliant news, had a few ups and down but has come storming through when we needed him.

Says a lot about the manager that he's signed as I'm sure he could have gone elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Just read this posted on the BBC about an hour ago. Be much happier once Gogic deal is officially announced. Will be an amazing boost if/when it’s done. 🤞

F1ED6293-20F3-4F60-AB8A-5BB3AD473BD3.jpeg

It's on the Saint Mirren facebook page.

Facebook

Edited by stlucifer

9 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Good to get that deal done been about our best player.

Absolutely 

Would be great if Robbo got everyone signed up that he wanted - but in reality that won't happen 

Big Gogic was definitely my most important one to extend   

On 5/7/2024 at 7:32 PM, CraigyBoy said:

Absolutely 

Would be great if Robbo got everyone signed up that he wanted - but in reality that won't happen 

Big Gogic was definitely my most important one to extend   

As has been remarked previously the lure of Euro footie should tempt better players and perhaps push our budget up a bit.

Cautious optimism.

Enjoy these moments as they could disappear in a flicker.

Without sounding like an old man I was at those last 2 Euro games in ‘87, I was a quarter of the age I am now!!

1 hour ago, Hunterian said:

As has been remarked previously the lure of Euro footie should tempt better players and perhaps push our budget up a bit.

Cautious optimism.

Enjoy these moments as they could disappear in a flicker.

Without sounding like an old man I was at those last 2 Euro games in ‘87, I was a quarter of the age I am now!!

I don't know if it really will. We'll most likely go out in the qualifiers, as we would have to get through 3 qualifying rounds, and they'll be pretty decent teams in the 3rd and play-off rounds especially. Although based on the prize money on offer, it should be worth 1 or 2 extra players to us.

Edited by Prague Buddie

21 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

I don't know if it really will. We'll most likely go out in the qualifiers, as we would have to get through 3 qualifying rounds, and they'll be pretty decent teams in the 3rd and play-off rounds especially. Although based on the prize money on offer, it should be worth 1 or 2 extra players to us.

At this stage, it really will not help, who would sign up on the promise of a one day trip to Kazakhstan?  If we were to progress to the group stages then that would possibly help raise our profile, as before it would also attract kite-flying agents (remember Oleg Blokhin) who think that being in a euro comp is a sign of money swilling around waiting to be spent.

I really don't get all the excitement around maybe getting in to a qualifier for the European Conference.  It's really just a qualifier to get into a proper European competition

For me the euro place aside from being the first I can go to is not the only temptation for players it is the latest sign of progression that we have had over the last few years which is as much the lure for players. Last year 6th , this year 5th ok we will never get 1st or 2nd but everyone laughed at tony when he said top half but here we are.bif the club can continue to improve then perhaps 4th at some point

19 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

For me the euro place aside from being the first I can go to is not the only temptation for players it is the latest sign of progression that we have had over the last few years which is as much the lure for players. Last year 6th , this year 5th ok we will never get 1st or 2nd but everyone laughed at tony when he said top half but here we are.bif the club can continue to improve then perhaps 4th at some point

Some might say, if VAR did its job, we could well be in 4th place right now. I get the fact it's not the greatest competition and why some may think it a mere distraction but I can't begrudge our younger supporters the opportunity to be at a European game we older folk have been lucky enough to attend. For the likes of yourself, it is a fantastic feeling to actually be able to say, "We are involved in a competition outside our domestic league".

Edited by stlucifer

On 5/7/2024 at 6:09 PM, stlucifer said:

Gogic agreeing a new three year deal gives notice, if any was required, that Saints as a club are indeed on the up. What a great piece of news prior to two massive games.

Yes I think that the fact that we are securing the service of players quicker and on longer deals has given us so much more stability. Robo also likes to get his deals done early which helps. Gone are the days when you see late deals and a high turnover at the end of each season. 

This helps the positive start we made this season.