Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

2 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

The whole message is the stated position of "we" - so giving emphasis to only the final "we" as if it somehow indicates a differing of opinion between the club and JR is a bit of a reach.

JR will stay or go but I don't think the above message gives an indicator either way - except in the sense that club is laying down a marker to say that they want him to stay.

Opinions... eh?

the telling thing for me and those not in denial is that Jack could state his unswerving loyalty to the club in a heartbeat from anywhere on the planet, but he is, as is his right choosing to let it play out between the clubs. 

If Jack wasn't interested then he would have agreed to, and the club would be issuing a joint statement. Until/unless Jack releases that statement of intent to stay then we need only look at the myriad of similar scenarios of managers being tapped up, keeping schtum, then moving on when the clubs agree the compo. Thats football.

8 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Where are folk getting this embedded love for the Dee that they know Jack Ross has residing in his being emoji1.png

FFS

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/st-mirren/survival-of-fittest-as-jack-ross-plots-st-mirren-s-escape-1-4344768

“We moved around a couple
of times, eventually settling in the centre of Falkirk,” he explains. “One of my near neighbours was a Dundee
fan, whose father was a 
season ticket holder at Dens.

“We were pals and I played football with him and his 
little brother, so started to go to games every Saturday with them, more or less. So I became a Dundee fan through default. At one point I even sold programmes at the Provie
Road end at Dens – one of the games that sticks out is the 4-3 win over Rangers, when I was selling programmes before it.

“I watched Dundee home and away for a good few years. Strangely enough, I signed an S form with them when I was 13, although I am not sure they also knew I was a fan.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/st-mirren/survival-of-fittest-as-jack-ross-plots-st-mirren-s-escape-1-4344768

“We moved around a couple
of times, eventually settling in the centre of Falkirk,” he explains. “One of my near neighbours was a Dundee
fan, whose father was a 
season ticket holder at Dens.

“We were pals and I played football with him and his 
little brother, so started to go to games every Saturday with them, more or less. So I became a Dundee fan through default. At one point I even sold programmes at the Provie
Road end at Dens – one of the games that sticks out is the 4-3 win over Rangers, when I was selling programmes before it.

“I watched Dundee home and away for a good few years. Strangely enough, I signed an S form with them when I was 13, although I am not sure they also knew I was a fan.”

Well, I asked [emoji1]

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Jack has not uttered a word so where do you get he has strong feelings for Dundee ??? - Just because a few folk (Dundee fans and hacks) said he was a Dundee fan as a kid ???

Lets wait and see what Jack actualy does say when his holiday is over and lets stop putting words into the guy's mouth.

I don't know about anyone else but the thought of looking at social media while on a holiday is bizarre !

Did you not read JF talking about him and Jack Ross on holiday for a week that they would still be taking calls on football matters that you can't escape it that is part of football ? 

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Jack has not uttered a word so where do you get he has strong feelings for Dundee ??? - Just because a few folk (Dundee fans and hacks) said he was a Dundee fan as a kid ???

Lets wait and see what Jack actualy does say when his holiday is over and lets stop putting words into the guy's mouth.

I don't know about anyone else but the thought of looking at social media while on a holiday is bizarre !

Should have added Jack Ross himself has stated Dundee is the team he supported. 

Too right. You'll lose your money if you stick it on Ross.

In all honesty I cannot understand why Dundee wouldn't look at he likes of Neil, Mcintyre even Owen Coyle. I think Neil has unfinished business and would be a good appt. If we lost Jack Ross I'd be happy to see Neil at St mirren.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Opinions... eh?

the telling thing for me and those not in denial is that Jack could state his unswerving loyalty to the club in a heartbeat from anywhere on the planet, but he is, as is his right choosing to let it play out between the clubs. 

If Jack wasn't interested then he would have agreed to, and the club would be issuing a joint statement. Until/unless Jack releases that statement of intent to stay then we need only look at the myriad of similar scenarios of managers being tapped up, keeping schtum, then moving on when the clubs agree the compo. Thats football.

That's a fair point.

However, Its not unreasonable for him to be weighing up his options over a cocktail in the sun, or genuinely wanting to take a break from all football nonesense after a stress filled season. I wouldn't claim he has a duty to break his holiday to reassure us of his intention to stay on demand - he should be allowed his holiday in peace like the rest of us.

Perhaps he intends to stay but is hoping to get a better deal from us with a bit of brinksmanship. Perhaps he has spoken to the club already and "we" actually refers to both parties.

Like you say, it all about opinions, and we will only know for sure once JR breaks his silence, but this isn't a passport to riches for him (while undoubtedly a temporary small step up), so I remain hopeful he will stay.

Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

In all honesty I cannot understand why Dundee wouldn't look at he likes of Neil, Mcintyre even Owen Coyle. I think Neil has unfinished business and would be a good appt. If we lost Jack Ross I'd be happy to see Neil at St mirren.

I am sure Neil has said he wants another gig in Engerland. I do not see him taking a Scottish job in the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

That's a fair point.

However, Its not unreasonable for him to be weighing up his options over a cocktail in the sun, or genuinely wanting to take a break from all football nonesense after a stress filled season. I wouldn't claim he has a duty to break his holiday to reassure us of his intention to stay on demand - he should be allowed his holiday in peace like the rest of us.

Perhaps he intends to stay but is hoping to get a better deal from us with a bit of brinksmanship. Perhaps he has spoken to the club already and "we" actually refers to both parties.

Like you say, it all about opinions, and we will only know for sure once JR breaks his silence, but this isn't a passport to riches for him (while undoubtedly a temporary small step up), so I remain hopeful he will stay.

Time will tell.

The older I get the less I feel I have to explain myself. I make a decision then maybe have a beer. If anyone questions my decision that is their issue and not mine.

That's a fair point.
Time will tell.

^^^This^^^^

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or more likely he is happy for the clubs to slug it out via agents whilst he is on holiday, and he comes home to a bigger salary, bigger budget and (although it pains me to say it) bigger club in a bigger league. And can say "how special his time was almost relegating St Mirren" and thanks the fans wishing them well.

I think the only thing that pains you my friend........is when you have bugger all to gripe about, I do believe you enjoy wallowing in negativity

14 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

I think he has stated recently that he wants another crack at English football now that he has had a taste for it down there. It would be a young manager going backwards to come back up North.

This is melting my brain I really believed Jack Ross was going to be the next big thing for us at long last a manager of quality. Really have my doubts he will stay with St Mirren but pray i'm wrong. Taking a break from the thread though feel so strongly about this it might not last more than a couple of hours in the hope there is ( good news )

Its like any other asset we have, you look to tie them down..... further

Reality is- Dundee will play the top teams in Scotland, therefore IF a manager can do a job there then their stock is far higher. However if JR stays, takes us up, then he also carries high stock. Its a gamble , but then again what certainties are there

I would imagine Dundee, who are financially reckless will offer any manager  a good salary that Saints would struggle to match... 

Look at Hartley though, was doing a relatively good job, then he loses Hemmings, and others.  Crash- Sacked

Jack will progress past us, I really hopes that he sees he is part of our return, and the commitment that he gets pretty much what he wants with us...

But we always have to be prepared to lose our assets....

16 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Asking me to subscribe, so I won't be reading this.

What it no doubt confirms is that there is a lot of idle paper chat doing the rounds as is typical during close season. I wouldn't trust anything any of them claim as far as I could launch them.

Edited by Drew