Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

John Baird ??? - released today by thistle. His agent (Ricky Gillies) would argue he hasn't been given a chance to shine.

Baird isn't good enough at this level. Failed with Dundee and failed with Thistle. Reilly or Scullion would deserve a go well before him IMHO.

Adam Campbell is an out and out striker. I'm not totally convinced that playing him out wide right is playing to his strengths

We surely can't be considering going through the rest of the season with only two recognized CH's? unsure.png

I'm "quietly confident" that we'll get the "one that we've been waiting for". cool.png

I would expect a fair bit of heat if he doesn't manage to bring in another centre half having let Mair go. That would be absolutely barking.

BBC reporting we've told Grainger he's free to leave.

Seriously?

Okay, the guy hasn't done it for us, but we can barely fill the bench as it is.

If accurate, we could be looking at a scenario whereby we have released two of our most experienced defenders (aye, okay, no great loss perhaps, but cover nonetheless). Meanwhile, we are sitting in the play-off zone and looking decidedly fragile at the back, and inconsistent elsewhere in the team.

Thank f**k Danny is quietly confident about bringing someone in....