Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Seriously?

Okay, the guy hasn't done it for us, but we can barely fill the bench as it is.

If accurate, we could be looking at a scenario whereby we have released two of our most experienced defenders (aye, okay, no great loss perhaps, but cover nonetheless). Meanwhile, we are sitting in the play-off zone and looking decidedly fragile at the back, and inconsistent elsewhere in the team.

Thank f**k Danny is quietly confident about bringing someone in....

Would you be "quietly confident" that whoever is coming in is any good ? Given the managers record of signing guys who are shown the door soon after !

Harkins, Mair, Grainger. Caprice, Cornell.... we've lost a decent fives team. I would have went with Cornell in goal, Mair and Grainger in front of him, Caprice playing just off Harkins shoulder and feeding him balls in to score.

Guaranteed Pitz Supersoccer 5s champs' 2014.

Poor show Lennon. Gie's a signing, etc.

This happened last year. Didn't strengthen when we needed to because Dundee were supposedly down and out and we appeared to be happy to stretch the squad to breaking point. Obviously the league cup involvement didn't help our league form either (but not complaining about that part, obviously).

This season, Hearts are gone, no worries there, but I don't want to end up looking over our shoulders at the play-off spot just because we opted to save a wage packet or two instead of bringing players in.

Edited by Magic Monkey

I know what's going on here.

With the anniversary of the beginning of World War 1, lots of organisations are marking this anniversary in their own way.

There's lots of stories about Hearts players going off to the war & Raith Rovers have brought out a commemorative away strip.

It's clear we're doing our bit by cutting our squad size to 11, playing a 2-3-5 formation & excluding Gary Teale from first team duty with trench foot. Play up St. Mirren!

I don't think we have a thin squad at all.

The starting XI at Tynecastle tonight is arguably our strongest side.

We then have Van Zanten, Grainger, Wylde & Dilo on the bench plus McLean & Teale injured & Bahoken. That is a first team squad of 18 players.

I remember when Dundee United won the league with a first team squad of literally just 12 players.

I don't think we have a thin squad at all.

The starting XI at Tynecastle tonight is arguably our strongest side.

We then have Van Zanten, Grainger, Wylde & Dilo on the bench plus McLean & Teale injured & Bahoken. That is a first team squad of 18 players.

I remember when Dundee United won the league with a first team squad of literally just 12 players.

That was a different millennium, a thousand years ago when the world was flat!

I know what's going on here.

With the anniversary of the beginning of World War 1, lots of organisations are marking this anniversary in their own way.

There's lots of stories about Hearts players going off to the war & Raith Rovers have brought out a commemorative away strip.

It's clear we're doing our bit by cutting our squad size to 11, playing a 2-3-5 formation & excluding Gary Teale from first team duty with trench foot. Play up St. Mirren!

Get your tin hat on and into the Anderson shelter...its a bomb scare !

post-1859-0-79037100-1391034454_thumb.jp

Has wee Novo signed yet, people are gagging for a signing..................unless it's somebody they don't like. whistling.gif

I'm afraid you are enjoying this a bit too much.

People are genuinely concerned and upset, and when this is the case, it takes a certain kind of person to regard this as an opportunity to entertain himself.

That's all by the by, however. What is more intriguing to me is why you aren't more concerned by our perilous position and the possibility that the club might resort to signing what is an odious piece of filth. Perhaps you just don't care as much as most of us?

Edited by Drew

I'm afraid you are enjoying this a bit too much.

People are genuinely concerned and upset, and when this is the case, it takes a certain kind of person to regard this as an opportunity to entertain himself.

That's all by the by, however. What is more intriguing to me is why you aren't more concerned by our perilous position and the possibility that the club might resort to signing what is an odious piece of filth. Perhaps you just don't care as much as most of us?

Doh..!

Don't tell me you just got that his gig is to troll any and everyone to get any sort of rise out of them..?

Surely you've picked up that the majority just point and laugh at his half-assed pish, then promptly ignore it..? C'mon

Doh..!

Don't tell me you just got that his gig is to troll any and everyone to get any sort of rise out of them..?

Surely you've picked up that the majority just point and laugh at his half-assed pish, then promptly ignore it..? C'mon

Ach, I know, and I hate myself for rising to it.

Ach, I know, and I hate myself for rising to it.

Don't know about you but when I was at school thre was this kid who suffered from epilectic fits/seizures. And there was always abunch of pricks who would on occasion corner him in a corridor and goad him till he had one.... then laugh at the state the poor bugger was in.

Picture in you mind the prick at the front trying to orchestrate this.... Ring any bells..?