Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Going for Van Veen was ambitious but also risky. I'm sure our club made the best offer it could for him without over-stretching the budget restraints.

I'd rather miss out on the player than pish money away by gambling on a player who seems to have been out of form in the last 6 months.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Going for Van Veen was ambitious but also risky. I'm sure our club made the best offer it could for him without over-stretching the budget restraints.

I'd rather miss out on the player than pish money away by gambling on a player who seems to have been out of form in the last 6 months.

That makes sense - I would have been happy to get this over the line but this was only ever  a short term fix only 

The manager has tried and failed with multiple striking options and now needs to use what he has to get us through the season and plan for how we sort this issue next season 

To many misfiring strikers getting a wage

All the lads work hard and have different qualities but they don’t score goals and if we are to be able to stay too six we’re going to need a lot more from them. I don’t know that they have what it takes certainly there is no evidence of it but we will support them all the way 

Olasanya & Mandron could play for 20 seasons and not score 20 goals between them, I’m afraid unless we sign someone special before 11:30pm tonight we are in trouble up front as we have zero goal threat in our strikers, Van Veen would have been perfect.
After first few weeks of season our strikers all looked capable of the 10 goal mark not now sadly.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Would have been good having someone with a recent good scoring record , don’t think we will be near top 6 this season but also don’t think we will be in the relegation battle.
Don't think we will be top 6??? Haven't been out top 6 all season your relying on at least two teams below us finding form to overtake us which they haven't done when we've been poor for at least 3 months.

27 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Don't think we will be top 6??? Haven't been out top 6 all season your relying on at least two teams below us finding form to overtake us which they haven't done when we've been poor for at least 3 months.

We aren’t scoring goals and on a poor run , hope Scott or our other strikers hit form.

15 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Rangers performance showed enough for me to believe that we’re picking up again 

Yeah but for me the Rangers game only showed up the problem we all know we have. There have been plenty occasions where we’ve played fine, but just haven’t done the business in the final third, combined with giving away a soft goal or two. 

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yeah but for me the Rangers game only showed up the problem we all know we have. There have been plenty occasions where we’ve played fine, but just haven’t done the business in the final third, combined with giving away a soft goal or two. 

I’ve not watched the game back on TV. We had some half decent chances but never really tested their keeper especially the first half. 

What was the chance that Kwon had like on TV? As it looked good from the west stand.

2 hours ago, Hunterian said:

Rangers performance showed enough for me to believe that we’re picking up again 

We might have chances right in front of goal but there is usually something wrong with the delivery that makes conversion difficult even for a good striker

early in the season we were rewarded with breaks and goals from midfielders, we need to

get back to that, our scoring strategy is akin to pinball when a ball is delivered into the box

almost every pass is over hit now and nobody is getting the ball in front of them in an attacking position 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

We might have chances right in front of goal but there is usually something wrong with the delivery that makes conversion difficult even for a good striker

early in the season we were rewarded with breaks and goals from midfielders, we need to

get back to that, our scoring strategy is akin to pinball when a ball is delivered into the box

almost every pass is over hit now and nobody is getting the ball in front of them in an attacking position 

True. I think we’ll turn it around again. Robinson is the man.

6 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I’ve not watched the game back on TV. We had some half decent chances but never really tested their keeper especially the first half. 

What was the chance that Kwon had like on TV? As it looked good from the west stand.

It was a very good chance, as was Jamieson’s. There was another one in the first half which escapes me for the moment. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It was a very good chance, as was Jamieson’s. There was another one in the first half which escapes me for the moment. 

Kwon had 2 chances, one he blazed over the bar and the other that Butland saved at the post.

4 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Manager seems content with the squad as it is, hence no additions. Hibs have swapped half a team in the last few days, mostly reserve players of course, but have a feeling we are in for yet another away defeat tomorrow. Fingers crossed that doesn’t come to pass. 🤞

Keep the faith. Hibs have a terrible defence 

On 2/1/2024 at 9:04 PM, John Meiksy said:

Olasanya & Mandron could play for 20 seasons and not score 20 goals between them, I’m afraid unless we sign someone special before 11:30pm tonight we are in trouble up front as we have zero goal threat in our strikers, Van Veen would have been perfect.

Deary me.