Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 hours ago, John Meiksy said:

It doesn’t change anything so Mandron scored on Saturday great but it doesn’t alter the fact he’s not a prolific goalscorer and it might be another 10 games until his next goal.

Or he might score in his next game 🤷

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Is that how it works, amazing , you mean he can score in any game given the right service wow.

p.s. the sarcasm isn't aimed at you but the people who are very negative

last 5 results

win 3-0 v Aberdeen

Loss 0-3 v Celtic - no great surprise there

win 1-0 v QoTS - should have been more but we will take it

loss 0-1 v Rangers - should have been at least a draw, Newco Rangers felt the need to time waste such was their lack of domination

win 3-0 v Hibs - dominant all game and good goals (penalty was soft), could have been more

so 7 goals in 5 games, 2 losses both of which we would normally expect and 2 dominant displays against teams who on paper (bigger support, more money etc) we should struggle against. Yet we still have people who are talking us down.

Enjoy the highs folks and quit moaning, best Saints side for a long time, if you are down now wont be long till you are suicidal based on my 50 years of supporting Saints, I have watched some dross.

2 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Is that how it works, amazing , you mean he can score in any game given the right service wow.

p.s. the sarcasm isn't aimed at you but the people who are very negative

last 5 results

win 3-0 v Aberdeen

Loss 0-3 v Celtic - no great surprise there

win 1-0 v QoTS - should have been more but we will take it

loss 0-1 v Rangers - should have been at least a draw, Newco Rangers felt the need to time waste such was their lack of domination

win 3-0 v Hibs - dominant all game and good goals (penalty was soft), could have been more

so 7 goals in 5 games, 2 losses both of which we would normally expect and 2 dominant displays against teams who on paper (bigger support, more money etc) we should struggle against. Yet we still have people who are talking us down.

Enjoy the highs folks and quit moaning, best Saints side for a long time, if you are down now wont be long till you are suicidal based on my 50 years of supporting Saints, I have watched some dross.

Just think the whole of the 90s 

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Just think the whole of the 90s 

Do you see a pattern with those results if it continues we are getting beat on Wednesday and winning  on Sunday would prefer other way around.

Do you see a pattern with those results if it continues we are getting beat on Wednesday and winning  on Sunday would prefer other way around.
Yeah, I see a pattern, we score and keep clean sheets in cup games and league games against teams that aren't from Glasgow. If it continues we will win the Scottish Cup and only lose another 3 league games by the end of the season.

See what I did there? "Patterns" mean nothing.

On 2/5/2024 at 10:48 AM, John Meiksy said:

It doesn’t change anything so Mandron scored on Saturday great but it doesn’t alter the fact he’s not a prolific goalscorer and it might be another 10 games until his next goal.

We'll see.

Are there any further updates on who the two players are that we have offered PCAs for? Do we know if the players in question have accepted these or are we still waiting for responses? That might give us a clue as to who will be leaving when their contract expires in the summer. 

On 2/5/2024 at 7:59 PM, elvis said:

Showing your true colours once again. I’d rather we progressed and won in the Scottish cup than the league as we have pretty much zero chance of winning the league in the rest of my lifetime.
We do however have a shot at winning the best cup competition left in the Uk. 

13 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Showing your true colours once again. I’d rather we progressed and won in the Scottish cup than the league as we have pretty much zero chance of winning the league in the rest of my lifetime.
We do however have a shot at winning the best cup competition left in the Uk. 

We have zero. Chance of winning on Sunday it won't be allowed.but half a chance of top  5. if we can win tonight  it opens up a gap between us and the rest.

Edited by elvis

On 2/5/2024 at 10:48 AM, John Meiksy said:

On 2/5/2024 at 1:59 PM, HSS said:

I hope you had the lottery on 🤣

On 2/5/2024 at 8:20 PM, Slarti said:

Yeah, I see a pattern, we score and keep clean sheets in cup games and league games against teams that aren't from Glasgow. If it continues we will win the Scottish Cup and only lose another 3 league games by the end of the season.

See what I did there? "Patterns" mean nothing.

Or maybe they mean something - the pattern continues. :thumbs2

On 2/9/2024 at 6:30 PM, DougJamie said:

Where do Celtic play ? Peebles ?

"A" pattern still continues, just not the same one.  You just drop the cup bit and now it's "Win and keep a clean sheet against teams not from Glasgow."  If we win against Livi but don't keep a clean sheet then the pattern becomes "Win against teams not from Glasgow.  If we draw it becomes "Only lose against teams from Glasgow."  Etc.

The whole point was to show Elvis' pattern stuff up for the nonsense it is.  You can find "a pattern" in almost any set of results.

5 hours ago, Slarti said:

"A" pattern still continues, just not the same one.  You just drop the cup bit and now it's "Win and keep a clean sheet against teams not from Glasgow."  If we win against Livi but don't keep a clean sheet then the pattern becomes "Win against teams not from Glasgow.  If we draw it becomes "Only lose against teams from Glasgow."  Etc.

The whole point was to show Elvis' pattern stuff up for the nonsense it is.  You can find "a pattern" in almost any set of results.

I know I just like you writing stuff 😃