Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

DO in the life saying scottish clubs are all in for the same players, but other clubs have deeper pockets than us. Perhaps then we were in for the strikers who ended up at bristle and Ross county.

Surely we could beat partick thistle to a player? How on earth would they have a bigger budget than us?! Fair enough county as they have mcgregor. If we can't compete with teams like thistle in the transfer market then we are in big trouble.

Every club has more ambition than us.

Hearts could put a full bench out on Saturday, we were 2 players short and our bench included 2 players that we can't get rid. Good job Bahookie and Mair never left or we would have been down to 3 on the bench.

All this has come from what should have been a position of strength in the close season, a really good run in both cups the chance to strengthen and we decimate the squad.

It really is keystones cops stuff. I just don't understand why we have managed to make such a rip roaring Cnut of the transfer market in the summer and by the looks of it, it's round 2 during January.

Edited by Kendo

Quite unbelievable how the team in the gutter is hoping to sign two proven spl players yet we are scraping in the lower reaches for who? Playoff now a distinct possibility. Forget about hearts looking tired we look exhausted and with our squad it is a worry. Can we stay up? How come thistle got Lyle Taylor? After the summer shambles didn't Danny have three or four lined up? County did and 7pts from three! We're really deep in the brown stuff. Thommo looks tired and frustrated whilst Newton and McGowan are off the boil big time. Add to that the jokers at centre back and it's not hard to see why many pundits are tipping us for 11th

Every club has more ambition than us.

Hearts could put a full bench out on Saturday, we were 2 players short and our bench included 2 players that we can't get rid. Good job Bahookie and Mair never left or we would have been down to 3 on the bench.

All this has come from what should have been a position of strength in the close season, a really good run in both cups the chance to strengthen and we decimate the squad.

It really is keystones cops stuff. I just don't understand why we have managed to make such a rip roaring Cnut of the transfer market in the summer and by the looks of it, it's round 2 during January.

While I can agree we seem to be like a rabbit in the headlights when it comes to getting some sort of improvements made to the playing staff the highlighted area is more than wishful thinking. laugh.png

It's quite clear we need a defensive midfielder to compete with Goodwin and I'm sure Thomson could play there.

The issue would be keeping him fit.

Maybe a bit of competition would help Jim make better decisions on the pitch, however I think Lennon would play his captain when available... Making Thomson as a signing target a wee bit strange.

Maybe a bit of competition would help Jim make better decisions on the pitch, however I think Lennon would play his captain when available... Making Thomson as a signing target a wee bit strange.

No player should be immune from being dropped - captain or not.

Personally, I find it unbelievable that there isn't a better option out there in our price range than Goodwin. Even if that was the case, we still need someone to compete with him anyway. We don't want to half to rely on McGinn holding together the whole midfield on his own every week that Jim is suspended/injured like he had to do against Celtic.

Edited by JM1