Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Any chance Broadfoot would come back? He turns 30 in August.

I'd take him back and I think he'd be willing to come back.

There's probably a bit too much bad blood between Broadfoot and some of our supporters for it to happen, though.

Edited by Murray7

I would love Kirk Broadfoot back at St.Mirren. I thought he was a great player for us went to Rangers and ruined his career Mcgregor be warned!!!

What I will never understand is why Rangers let him go to replace him with a load of foreigners on high wages and are now going for McGregor who in my opinion is not as good as Broadfoot?

Liam Craig of Hibs latest to be linked to us. But will probably end up back in Perth.

Craig wouldn't be a bad signing. He was one of the few players who survives the Hibs shambles with a shred of reputation intact.

As you say, though, I would be very surprised if he doesn't re-sign for the fermers.

The McGregor point isn’t even valid anyway. Indeed, I didn’t even mention my opinion on the abilities of McQuade or Dunn above.

McQuade and Dunn were lightweight ‘forwards’ without any goalscoring records of note and who weren’t youngsters.

My comparison is perfectly valid.

Please feel free to apologise to me Ricky. A PM will do if you’d prefer.

Just a wee reminder that I'm still waiting to hear who you were when Darren signed for us. It was June 2010, only four years ago. Your current personna only began in July last year so please let me know who you were in 2010. Maybe you've morphed so often you're confused. Does anyone else remember?

Im not going to pretend that I know him well, but Blair only lives a few streets away from me and I'm also good friends with his cousin. Just having a Kick about where I'm from , he is easily the best player I've ever played against, some of the lads used to get applauded for touching the ball when he was on a run. this either says a lot about how good he is or how bad I am, probably a bit of both.

unfortunately his cousin isn't exactly football orientated but I will try and find out if the third club interested is indeed saints.

I was at School with Isaac English - we used to have mega kickabouts at lunchtime, that reminded me off him, he was almost untouchable at school.

I was at School with Isaac English - we used to have mega kickabouts at lunchtime, that reminded me off him, he was almost untouchable at school.

I've mentioned before that I was in Langcraigs Primary with Archie Gemmil and he was just unbelievable even at the age of seven. As you know, he was only a wee guy and naturally enough he was even smaller at that age. An absolute stand out. When we joined the mighty 4th.BB, the senior team were virtually all 17 & 18 year olds back then and Archie was the star man by the age of 13. There was never a doubt in my mind he would be a professional but I admit I never thought he would have the kind of career he did enjoy.

I've mentioned before that I was in Langcraigs Primary with Archie Gemmil and he was just unbelievable even at the age of seven. As you know, he was only a wee guy and naturally enough he was even smaller at that age. An absolute stand out. When we joined the mighty 4th.BB, the senior team were virtually all 17 & 18 year olds back then and Archie was the star man by the age of 13. There was never a doubt in my mind he would be a professional but I admit I never thought he would have the kind of career he did enjoy.

You must have been at Langcraigs same time as my sister, because she remembers Archie. Before Langcraigs was opened she was at Nethercraigs

You must have been at Langcraigs same time as my sister, because she remembers Archie. Before Langcraigs was opened she was at Nethercraigs

Probably. If you want to pm me I'll let you know. I moved to Glenburn in 1954 during the summer holidays and started at Blackland House in Donaldswood Road. Nethercraigs was too small by then. The first year St.Peter's was open they called it Braehead and we all went there for a year and then up to Langcraigs when it opened. Archie arrived about half way through that first year when I was in Blackland House. I know I mentioned Archie in Langcraigs at the age of seven but we always kind of called the whole time in all those wee schools Langcraigs.

When I was young our island named streets in Glenburn would play against each other.I lived in Staffa and we would play Mull.They had a secret weapon they would pull out every now and again called Sinky(none other than Graeme Sinclair ex St Mirren,Celtic and Dumbarton.He was a bit older than most of us and had to be coaxed into playing.Glenburn had a glut of special talent I have listed below.

Kevin Byrne- Once scored 8 goals in a game for Celtic boys club and his strike partner scored none(Charlie Nicholas).

Kenny Montgomery-Went to Leicester under Jock Wallace.Terrific player.

Jimmy McBride-Kilmarnock.

Dermott Egan-Refused to sign for Celtic as they requested that he wear a shirt and tie.

I,m sure I,ve missed a few from my era but they were great days back then.Football all day till it got dark.

When I was young our island named streets in Glenburn would play against each other.I lived in Staffa and we would play Mull.They had a secret weapon they would pull out every now and again called Sinky(none other than Graeme Sinclair ex St Mirren,Celtic and Dumbarton.He was a bit older than most of us and had to be coaxed into playing.Glenburn had a glut of special talent I have listed below.

Kevin Byrne- Once scored 8 goals in a game for Celtic boys club and his strike partner scored none(Charlie Nicholas).

Dermott Egan-Refused to sign for Celtic as they requested that he wear a shirt and tie.

I,m sure I,ve missed a few from my era but they were great days back then.Football all day till it got dark.

I knew all of those and you could add a few names to the list, most especially cockles wilson junior who seemd incredibly gifted yet showed reducing interest in footy after the age of 12 or so. it's harsh to say but for many of them attitude was the problem and it seemed to be fashionable for young guys to tell senior scouts, and even managers, to f--k off when approached. Must have been something in the Glenburn mentality of the day. Even those who signed for senior clubs were let go at a young age, so maybe our hindsight is a little rose-tinted

In my day there weren't that many from Glenburn made it into senior football. Cockles of course lived in Islay Road and Archie was Langcraigs Drive. And if I remember correctly Davy Provan lived off Grampian Avenue somewhere during his early days with Celtic. We had not a bad team from greenbank Drive and occasionally Archie guested for us. Like you, we sometimes played football morning,noon and night.

Sun says we're in for Liam Craig.

I think if we want to move out of the bottom six, we need to show a bit more imagination than to sign up the cast offs from relegated teams who just played a major role in getting their team relegated.

Can't say that the prospect of McGinn and McLean being replaced by Stevenson and Craig does much for me......

I think if we want to move out of the bottom six, we need to show a bit more imagination than to sign up the cast offs from relegated teams who just played a major role in getting their team relegated.

Can't say that the prospect of McGinn and McLean being replaced by Stevenson and Craig does much for me......

Craig played a central role in the progress of the fermers in recent seasons, prior to his switch to Embra.

He is a decent player - likewise Ryan Stevenson. Not spectacular, but this is the market we are operating in, and people will need to grasp this.

When I was young our island named streets in Glenburn would play against each other.I lived in Staffa and we would play Mull.They had a secret weapon they would pull out every now and again called Sinky(none other than Graeme Sinclair ex St Mirren,Celtic and Dumbarton.He was a bit older than most of us and had to be coaxed into playing.Glenburn had a glut of special talent I have listed below.Kevin Byrne- Once scored 8 goals in a game for Celtic boys club and his strike partner scored none(Charlie Nicholas).Kenny Montgomery-Went to Leicester under Jock Wallace.Terrific player.Jimmy McBride-Kilmarnock.Dermott Egan-Refused to sign for Celtic as they requested that he wear a shirt and tie.I,m sure I,ve missed a few from my era but they were great days back then.Football all day till it got dark.

All great players/lads. Add Norrie Sutton to that list, he went off to Hong Kong to play if i remember correct, after a spell at feckin Morton..!

I remember him talking about coming up against an ageing John Greig whilst playing for Morton reserves. The old c**t spent the whole game threatening to break everyones legs.