jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Not really a rumour,  but I see Cammy Bell is being released at Hibs. Could be a shout to provide some competition to Samson.

You are in the speculation thread so speculate away . That’s what it’s there for :)

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Having watched Livi last night, I want their team..................... they are awesome, dreadful to watch but bloody effective

I've seen each of their games against us and I went to see them play Dunfermline and United during the season and again when they played Dunfermline at East End Park recently.  Watched them on TV against United and again last night against Thistle.  If I were a Livvy fan then I would be loving it.  They get right into the faces of whoever they are playing and every player works their socks off.  They mix up play and are very dangerous from corner kicks and throw ins Anywhere near the18 yard line.  Miller (not my favourite player)  looks rejuvenated. Whatever their manager is doing.... It seems to be working.  Arguably more successful than Jack Ross if he wins back to back promotions. 

On 18/05/2018 at 3:16 PM, pod said:

Thistle just made them look good.  :rolleyes:

I don't think so Pod.  They are good by Championship Standards,  have more physicality than we do and press hard up the pitch.  They are a handful. 

8 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

I know we've been linked with Paul McGinn but on the play offs I don't think we should be after any Thistle players

I didn't think he was too bad, actually. Played several decent balls into the channels. I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but it's probably quite easy for decent players to look terrible in a demotivated Thistle side.

That's what shocked me most of all; how sluggish many of them looked. 

18 minutes ago, munoz said:

Paul McGinn was probably their best player yesterday,  although that's not saying much. Thought he looked like one of the few thistle players that looked interested. 

Munoz. I thought even he was moving as though through treacle on the day. 

Maybe a bit harsh as Thistle did put in a very high work rate in the second half on Sunday.