jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

11 minutes ago, pod said:

May have missed our target. Money talks.

Let's hope that Oli Shaw wasn't our main striking target. Particularly if we have told Danny and Cody that they are not part of our plans. Out bid by Ross County....

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

Let's hope that Oli Shaw wasn't our main striking target. Particularly if we have told Danny and Cody that they are not part of our plans. Out bid by Ross County....

The guy has potential. Still only 21, I believe. RC have a Billionaire Sugar Daddy. 

15 minutes ago, magnus said:

Wouldn't be hard.

The guy has potential. Still only 21, I believe. RC have a Billionaire Sugar Daddy. 

I’m sure I read an article last year stating that MacGregor couldn’t maintain funding Ross County to the same level he had been over previous years, as another Gretna scenario was on the horizon. This was just after they were relegated.
Keeping in mind the downturn in the Oil & Gas industry had a big impact on his business.

1 minute ago, Russian Saint said:

I’m sure I read an article last year stating that MacGregor couldn’t maintain funding Ross County to the same level he had been over previous years, as another Gretna scenario was on the horizon. This was just after they were relegated.
Keeping in mind the downturn in the Oil & Gas industry had a big impact on his business.

I tend to the same view. A catastrophe waiting to happen at some point. A vanity project. 

The article doesn't seem to be accurate then.

Ross County have just sold 18yo Gallagher to Aberdeen for an undisclosed fee rumoured to be around 6 figures. Possibly just passed that on to Hibs for Shaw.

In the few times I have seen Shaw he looked a handful. Had a great game against us at ER when he made one and scored one in the Hammill 2-2 draw.

Oli Shaw is half decent, though I think he would be too high a risk of a signing to part with 6 figures. In total he has only had around a season and a halves worth of first team football at Hibs and that includes championship level.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a player come in from overseas, with our scouting range we have in place now.

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
I tend to the same view. A catastrophe waiting to happen at some point. A vanity project. 

You've been a long time though. Maybe..? It isnt a catastrophe....

It's a vanity project. Why not? He has the money. The problems occur when he wants to move it on, has illness impact on him or financial setbacks. However, I don't see a Gretna. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Don't know much about Oli Shaw but quite happy to miss out on him if it would have been a six figure fee. Imagine the meltdown from folk on here if we spent that on a Hibs reserve.

If he goes on to bag a shedload of goals for Ross County then fair enough but it's a bit of a gamble if they're spending that much.

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Don't know much about Oli Shaw but quite happy to miss out on him if it would have been a six figure fee. Imagine the meltdown from folk on here if we spent that on a Hibs reserve.

If he goes on to bag a shedload of goals for Ross County then fair enough but it's a bit of a gamble if they're spending that much.

I would have taken Shaw but not paid a substantial fee for him. A token amount with a sell on clause maybe at best.