Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

4 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Matty Kennedy not in the Aberdeen squad today 🤔

Remember him not getting a sniff against us. Ryan Flynn played him out the game in his spell as our right back. I am not a fan. Hopefully we can find someone with a bit of pace. Durmus was a good player for us but they are hard to find 

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Remember him not getting a sniff against us. Ryan Flynn played him out the game in his spell as our right back. I am not a fan. Hopefully we can find someone with a bit of pace. Durmus was a good player for us but they are hard to find 

"Manager Karl Robinson stated that Kennedy would bring "pace, trickery and excitement" 

Kennedy was described by Tranmere manager Ronnie Moore as "quick, [he] likes to take on defenders"

Maybe McInnes wasn't playing him to his strengths ? 

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

You sure mate? I know hedges failed a fitness test but the record just said Kennedy was left out?

Thought I had read he was injured. Maybe wrong of course as I can't remember where I read it!

Edited by Sonny

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

You sure mate? I know hedges failed a fitness test but the record just said Kennedy was left out?

The Aberdeen forum did have people mention Hedges was injured but no one could give a reason on the omission of Kennedy.

I asked a mate from Aberdeen, he had nothing for certain, only rumours, so no point repeating them. 

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The Aberdeen forum did have people mention Hedges was injured but no one could give a reason on the omission of Kennedy.

I asked a mate from Aberdeen, he had nothing for certain, only rumours, so no point repeating them. 

He has lost his way a bit lately and that’s the only reason I would say we have a change of landing him, he was brilliant with st Johnstone and was highly thought of when down south, he’s still on 26 as well. 

Can play both wings, wing back and I’m sure he can play in behind the striker also, would be the perfect signing for us if you ask me.

9 minutes ago, mattman said:

James Scott coming to us according to Hull fans on Twitter, always caused us problems anytime he played against us, good signing and young. Rumoured as a permanent deal, good bit of business that. 

Young, only 20, so plenty of potential.

Hasn't scored many goals.

Not a criticism, just looking at his record. 

image.thumb.png.f6190c67eccd55abfdf32f036b2e3e7a.png

15 minutes ago, mattman said:

James Scott coming to us according to Hull fans on Twitter, always caused us problems anytime he played against us, good signing and young. Rumoured as a permanent deal, good bit of business that. 

Signing players that always score against us when in opposition.

That usually works out well for us........................................:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

If true will he come at a cost? Perhaps McGrath is on his way out giving us money to spend

According to the link below they’re looking to free up space in their squad although their manager recently came out saying the boy has bags of potential and would like to keep him…

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-transfers-james-scott-5731423.amp

2 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

If true will he come at a cost? Perhaps McGrath is on his way out giving us money to spend

The level Hull operate at, I imagine it's more he's just not quite there for them. If they wanted to keep him, St Mirren wouldn't have a chance of a permanent transfer. 

Time will tell I suppose, might be a counter balance for McGrath but would still be disappointed if he doesn't go for considerably more than the last offer. 

10 minutes ago, God of war said:

Will fit right in at Saints being a non-scoring striker..

He's mainly been playing as a winger at Hull.

He'll be a cracking bit of business if we get him permanently for nothing. I'd even have been chuffed getting him on loan.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Has he? 

Scott must be the player that JG was talking about last week, when he said this:

JG on STV, saying that we're in for an attacking wide player, who would be a loan, but he would like to make it permanent. It's 50/50 at the moment. Not far enough down the line to say it's happening. He's a player he's been a big admirer of for a number of years.

10 minutes ago, div said:

Find the Scott rumour a bit hard to swallow to be honest but I’ll be delighted if we get him!

It's in the local Hull rag be a bit of a coup if it was to come off but no doubt now it's out there he will go elsewhere.