Jump to content

Speculation Thread


jimdickloyal

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, stlucifer said:

No. There wasn't. Someone merely asked if we'd take him back. He was Never linked with us.

Calm down 😂

As soon as McGinn was made available by Hibs, he looked to be a good fit for us. Of course he’s due a spot in this thread. I only visit B&WA for the speculation thread these days but it’s posts like this to initiate bickering that make it totally insufferable at times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


57 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Calm down 😂

As soon as McGinn was made available by Hibs, he looked to be a good fit for us. Of course he’s due a spot in this thread. I only visit B&WA for the speculation thread these days but it’s posts like this to initiate bickering that make it totally insufferable at times. 

Naw, it disnae!!! :)

 

About Conor Rohan…

I’m quite glad he’s now gone.

I was always afraid that I'd start posting about outdoor clothing.

image.jpeg.9e58a609dacb2addc638c8a205990f59.jpeg

 

 

Edited by antrin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Naw, it disnae!!! :)

 

About Conor Rohan…

I’m quite glad he’s now gone.

I was always afraid that I'd start posting about outdoor clothing.

image.jpeg.9e58a609dacb2addc638c8a205990f59.jpeg

 

 

Nice wordplay there Mr A.

More speculation please about St Mirren and Ex St Mirren players….especially if there is a chance that they might return. 
I think Mallan is still out there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Anyone itk got info on the whole Gogic situation? If he signed I would be very happy.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk
 

I would feel the same about Gocic returning but don’t have any information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

St Mirren been linked to Declan Gallagher , worth taking he done good for Well.

Never thought about him , but he was a Robinson signing for 'Well and he also gave him the captaincy, plus I don't think JG really fancies him !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

St Mirren been linked to Declan Gallagher , worth taking he done good for Well.

I have to say , know the name but not one who’s made me think “ wish he was with us “ . 
 

Would JG be looking at some sort of swap perhaps ?   We get Gallagher , Dons get more of our cast off toilets 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

St Mirren been linked to Declan Gallagher , worth taking he done good for Well.

Big, strong, hard tackling centre back as I recall. I also thought he was a decent player. Played for Scotland. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/declan-gallagher-wanted-st-mirren-27324417.amp

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Big, strong, hard tackling centre back as I recall. I also thought he was a decent player. Played for Scotland. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/declan-gallagher-wanted-st-mirren-27324417.amp

Very surprised we are even in the running for him !  Hope it’s true, did he not have a bit of a colourful past? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Very surprised we are even in the running for him !  Hope it’s true, did he not have a bit of a colourful past? 

Sentenced to three years for assaulting someone when he was 21/22. He served 9 months I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Not someone I’d like to see at our club. I’d rather promote from youth academy.

Aye but if we do them a favour and take him off their hands then we can add a bit extra on the asking price for Dunne. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Can see it being a straight swop with Aberdeen continuing to pay most of his wages . 

Aberdeen will give him a pay off to get him off the wage bill, they certainly won’t carry on paying his wages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Aberdeen will give him a pay off to get him off the wage bill, they certainly won’t carry on paying his wages.

Aberdeen are so money now they're even paying our transfer fees for us. Goodwin is some guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Aberdeen are so money now they're even paying our transfer fees for us. Goodwin is some guy.

Maybe even take brophy in a swap deal so he can take wages off Aberdeen whilst injured. Don't think brophy is a SR type of player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Aberdeen are so money now they're even paying our transfer fees for us. Goodwin is some guy.

It’s nothing new in fitba.

Souness helped Rangers shift all sorts of broken fitba players from that club, before it died.  Mind ye, Souness was being paid via an EBT, iirc….

“I was doing work for Rangers,” Souness explained. “I’m not being blasé, how much was it? And what was the largest one that someone received? That’s a lot of money isn’t it?

“Well I was in between jobs and I was going to scout players for Glasgow Rangers at that time, on the continent. Does that answer it?”

If Souness was working for Rangers at the time income tax of £12,000 would have been paid to Her Majesty from the £30,000 EBT paid. In answer to Souness’ question his former friend Dave Murray got the highest EBT payment, a total of £6m.

During his time at Blackburn Souness signed Barry Ferguson and Tugay from the club chaired by old his old friend from Edinburgh David Murray.

As manager of Newcastle Souness negotiated an £8m fee for Jean Alain Boumsong six months after he had been signed on a Bosman deal from Auxerre.

Boumsong received an EBT payment of £630,000 for 18 games with the Ibrox club according to documents seen by BBC Scotland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

It’s nothing new in fitba.

Souness helped Rangers shift all sorts of broken fitba players from that club, before it died.  Mind ye, Souness was being paid via an EBT, iirc….

“I was doing work for Rangers,” Souness explained. “I’m not being blasé, how much was it? And what was the largest one that someone received? That’s a lot of money isn’t it?

“Well I was in between jobs and I was going to scout players for Glasgow Rangers at that time, on the continent. Does that answer it?”

If Souness was working for Rangers at the time income tax of £12,000 would have been paid to Her Majesty from the £30,000 EBT paid. In answer to Souness’ question his former friend Dave Murray got the highest EBT payment, a total of £6m.

During his time at Blackburn Souness signed Barry Ferguson and Tugay from the club chaired by old his old friend from Edinburgh David Murray.

As manager of Newcastle Souness negotiated an £8m fee for Jean Alain Boumsong six months after he had been signed on a Bosman deal from Auxerre.

Boumsong received an EBT payment of £630,000 for 18 games with the Ibrox club according to documents seen by BBC Scotland.

Gies piece. 👎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...