Dear Gus

No contradiction there

Some did leave but the rest played in teams which have kept us up for five years

The players who have previously done enough to keep us up are not performimg this year for the reason I give - they don't respond to the manager for whatever reason

And the new players have been slightly better - but neither set of players has been SPL standard for different reasons

I'm afraid I can't look at it through the tinted glasses many seem to have on - I've watched Saints far too long for that

This is the worst squad in years and way below the standard of our immediate opponents in the relegation dog fight as results, performances and the table are already showing

Only Paul McGowan is performing to SPL standard

The rest have either lost it (Murray, Mair, DVZ, Potter etc.) or never had it (Wardlaw, Trabner, Lynch, McQuade et al)

The board has consigned us to relegation with their cheap option and by the time many realise it we'll be goners

I've seen the same mistakes made at board level a number of times and history is repeating itself

Remember Wilson Humphries in 1970 and the slide to the worst position in our history?

New exciting manager who would change direction - and was cheap to boot!!

Remember John Coughlin?

Here we go again

Thanks SG

How can you say that they are not SPL standard! For a start, McQuade had his first game at senior level on Saturday, albeit for 70mins. I saw him in pre-season games and he looked good, and on Saturday he looked good as the game went on, except for the one mistake which led to the second goal. Wardlaw had to go over to the wings to get the ball, similar to Mehmet, because there is no midfield to distribute, or wing backs are too slow to get up the park.

You criticised Potter and yet he is the best defender,IMO, we've got. Fine, he made a mistake on Saturday, one at the fake Saints game and he is torn to shreds by some on here. Travner, IMO, is a left mid rather than fullback, as his speed getting lets him down, but is good going forward.

So let's get behind the players, regardless of what you think of them as they are now Saints players

How can you say that they are not SPL standard! For a start, McQuade had his first game at senior level on Saturday, albeit for 70mins. I saw him in pre-season games and he looked good, and on Saturday he looked good as the game went on, except for the one mistake which led to the second goal. Wardlaw had to go over to the wings to get the ball, similar to Mehmet, because there is no midfield to distribute, or wing backs are too slow to get up the park.

You criticised Potter and yet he is the best defender,IMO, we've got. Fine, he made a mistake on Saturday, one at the fake Saints game and he is torn to shreds by some on here. Travner, IMO, is a left mid rather than fullback, as his speed getting lets him down, but is good going forward.

So let's get behind the players, regardless of what you think of them as they are now Saints players

Reading the first half of your post made me think, this guy knows what he's talking about. Comparing Wardlaw to Mehmet is spot on as they both work hard for little reward from their fellow team mates.

I then went on to read the second half of your post mentioning that Potter is the best defender at the club, that is madness. MacGregor is by far the best defender we have, Potter might be second best but he's still f**king shite.

The only consistency there has been with StMirren over the last few years is there ability to frustrate there fans. Under Gus i endured dull boring 1-1 draws, while under DL i have been told we willl be playing attacking, exciting football when in reality we play at home against ICT with 1 up front.

There seems to be a real split in the support at the moment between those who wanted change and those who wanted the staus quo. This can and will prove toxic to StMirren as a club, so how do we as supporters respond. We can shout for the head of DL, then what? the bod will replace him with his assistant (how often has that happened) we will still be in the same situation with a new scapegoat. I actually dont dislike DL he reminds me of Tom Hendrie, lots of positive attitude, he has actually been sold a pup by the board (only applicant to be interviewed for the job!!) flung in at the deepend with limited cash and experience. There are 2 ways this can go, we continue to get beat regularly, then DL will either quit or be fired or we get beat every other game and the bod inject some cash for the January window. Since i cant forsee the future i will continue to give my unconditional support to the team.

So who will we beat?

Motherwell away? No chance

Hamilton home? I doubt it

Rangers, Hearts or Aberdeen? You're joking!!

We have already beat Hibs and drawn with Dundee Utd. Motherwell are a side we have had some success against. Accies seem to be a problem for us at home - I think we could do well this time round though.

Hearts and Aberdeen is where we will pick up points. :o

We have already beat Hibs and drawn with Dundee Utd. Motherwell are a side we have had some success against. Accies seem to be a problem for us at home - I think we could do well this time round though.

Hearts and Aberdeen is where we will pick up points. :o

I admire your optimisim and wish I shared it

Hope I'm wrong but as far as I remember we mugged both Hibs and Dundee United

Can't see us getting anything from these two teams

Even I'm starting to think that Div has a fairly negative agenda at the moment. :P

As disappointing as the result was, at least Danny made the sort of changes we would have hoped for. At 2-0 down he brought on attacking players, getting a goal back in the process. He has recognised the issues and communicated them to both the fans and I am sure in no uncertain terms to the players. Gus would have maintained his defensive play despite being 2-0 down and given the finger to fans in the main stand that dared remonstrate with his f"kwittery.

The cruxt of the problem we currently have is the number of goals we are shipping. That being said it is what I expected early on. Once the side gets the balance right and that wee fanny McGowan stops showboating and thinks about the rest of the team and the consequences of his selfish mcgreedyesque nonsense then we should see the points start to build. We won't be top 6 and we might run it close to the wire but I think we will be fine. We want at least one more win in the first round of matches to be on track. :)

Great post Sid, i agree with all you say.

Danny and Ian could become the new Fergie and Provan.

Great post Sid, i agree with all you say.

Not sure I do Shull. Having the benefit of seeing the highlights it was McQuade that got caught fannying around. He needs to learn very quickly if he is going to make a go of it in the SPL. We have too many players that look alike. They should die their hair so as to avoid misdirected abuse. :P

Some of the pish spouted on this site these days really makes me despair.

Aye, it's been a shite start to the season, but for f**k's sake it's been 6 f**king games!! I can't believe the utter gash that I'm reading. The post that the BOD are to blame was one that wound me up particularly. Those guys are the reason we've even still got a club to be bitching and whinging about. That, in my opinion should make them fairly untouchable to the knicker wetting and predicatable pish being spouted about budgets etc. f**k off!

As for the manager's position. I for one didn't want Gus to be sacked. However I'm not on here giving it the "I told you so's" like some people. We are where we are and we have the manager we have. He's had six games. Hardly enough time to be judged, or it certainly shouldn't be.

Someone mentioned that DL was the only applicant for the job. Other people are saying we should bin him now and get someone new in. How many applicants would there be for a job at a club where the f**kwit "fans" demand the manager's head on a plate after 6 games?? And if the board give in to fan pressure and bin him......what then?? Pay him off and give someone else 6 games to sort it out? Assuming someone actually wants the job of course.

At least give the guy a decent crack at it before you condemn him.

I can take watching shite football if it means results (Gus era), and as it stands I can handle watching a team that is clearly still trying to gel with new players and a manager adapting to life in the SPL. But the kind of pish written on this board sometimes really makes me embarassed to be a St Mirren fan. We must have the most unrealistic and demanding fans outwith the OF and if anyone thinks that this negativity from the fans has no effect on the way the team play or an apparent lack of team spirit then they are sadly, sadly misguided. If I were a player at the club i wouldn't feel any affilliation with the support considering the abuse that's projected at the team every week. I've even seen previous teams booed whilst winning games....I mean...that's grade A bawbaggery of the highest order.

Everyone is entitled to offer an opinion, and I've no doubt everyone who bothers to post on here genuinely believes they have the best interests of THEIR club at heart. But FFS if all you ever talk about is failure, if all you ever offer is negativity and if you batter the players / coach for any mistakes they make then ultimately you're going to be proven right....it's a ridiculously self fulfilling prophecy and a f**king massive waste of everyone's time and effort.

Some people seriously need to get a grip!

Aye, it's been a shite start to the season, but for f**k's sake it's been 6 f**king games!! I can't believe the utter gash that I'm reading. The post that the BOD are to blame was one that wound me up particularly. Those guys are the reason we've even still got a club to be bitching and whinging about. That, in my opinion should make them fairly untouchable to the knicker wetting and predicatable pish being spouted about budgets etc. f**k off!

As for the manager's position. I for one didn't want Gus to be sacked. However I'm not on here giving it the "I told you so's" like some people. We are where we are and we have the manager we have. He's had six games. Hardly enough time to be judged, or it certainly shouldn't be.

Someone mentioned that DL was the only applicant for the job. Other people are saying we should bin him now and get someone new in. How many applicants would there be for a job at a club where the f**kwit "fans" demand the manager's head on a plate after 6 games?? And if the board give in to fan pressure and bin him......what then?? Pay him off and give someone else 6 games to sort it out? Assuming someone actually wants the job of course.

I can take watching shite football if it means results (Gus era), and as it stands I can handle watching a team that is clearly still trying to gel with new players and a manager adapting to life in the SPL. But the kind of pish written on this board sometimes really makes me embarassed to be a St Mirren fan. We must have the most unrealistic and demanding fans outwith the OF and if anyone thinks that this negativity from the fans has no effect on the way the team play or an apparent lack of team spirit then they are sadly, sadly misguided. If I were a player at the club i wouldn't feel any affilliation with the support considering the abuse that's projected at the team every week. I've even seen previous teams booed whilst winning games....I mean...that's grade A bawbaggery of the highest order.

Everyone is entitled to offer an opinion, and I've no doubt everyone who bothers to post on here genuinely believes they have the best interests of THEIR club at heart. But FFS if all you ever talk about is failure, if all you ever offer is negativity and if you batter the players / coach for any mistakes they make then ultimately you're going to be proven right....it's a ridiculously self fulfilling prophecy and a f**king massive waste of everyone's time and effort.

Brilliant post.......sensible and right from the heart mate.

Wonder where Gary Blue is these days as he has been rather silent.

Edited by nedflanders123

I bow down to you sir. Terrific post and one that every so called "supporter" should read and take on board. :)

Agree with the key point about some of the pish being spouted on here. However, saying we have the most unrealistic and demanding support outwith the OF is nonsense. Every football club forum is full of the same polemic nonsense - even Wrexhams. :o

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and its not easy being downbeat about the team you have supported for 40 years. we would all love to be on here every week signing the praises of the players and the management team, but right now its just not happening. i do think DL is a promising manager, but managers are judged on results just like everyone in their own job,

i just think its a big worry as today DL was a man looking for the ground to open up underneath him when we went 2 nil down. fingers crossed we manage to turn it around,

Couldn't agree with you more - it really amazes me that people on the forum think that anyone who questions DL or criticises him should wait another couple of months until it's too late to sort it out.

No-one on this forum is new to football or the saints, I reckon we've more or less seen it all supporting our team. We've sat through some truly awful football and some glorious days too. I think this gives us the right to form an opinion on how the team and manager are shaping up we dont need permission to voice our concerns - and I for one am extremely concerned.

I make no bones about the fact that I was a Gus fan - dont think he was the messiah or anything but he was a good manager for us but I wanted DL to be great cause I love my team. It doesnt give anyone any pleasure to talk about how bad we are just now or how concerned they are about a manager who seems lost and likes to publicly criticise the team.

.......there got it off my chest now - carry on folks !

What is so difficult to understand? We are among 6 other teams who are performing just as badly as we are points wise. Do you hear Everton fans wanting Davie Moyes out yet they have only 3 points and bottom of the league? No, like their fans it is far too early to panic after only a handful of games. Get real FFS, we are a small club who are fortunate to have stayed in the SPL with the limited budget and considering we were on the brink of going out of business not that long ago. It takes time and being a fan of our beloved club means we will all have far more downs than up.

David Moyes - now there's a great example of a good manager, when do you ever hear him blame his players or send them love letters. We all hope we are really really wrong but the whole situation and his handling of it stinks.

David Moyes - now there's a great example of a good manager, when do you ever hear him blame his players or send them love letters. We all hope we are really really wrong but the whole situation and his handling of it stinks.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/09/18/2125162/david-moyes-blames-lacklustre-performance-for-evertons-defeat-to-

:whistle

lol - oh alright then smartarse - i'd never heard him

still doesnt make it right slagging off your team - any manager whether it be in an office or in a football team should always have their teams back publicly then by all means give them a roasting behind closed doors. I'd have more respect for him if he accepted the blame himself - he has to be accountable because he will take the credit if (hopefully when) they turn the corner

how did you find that link so quick - lovin it !

Wonder where Gary Blue is these days as he has been rather silent.

On P and B with a raft of useless stats and having 'Lennon must go!' as his signature. The guy is becoming a parody of himself these days, although some fans of other teams seem to view him as some sort of spokesman for Saints fans.:blink:

Couldn't agree with you more - it really amazes me that people on the forum think that anyone who questions DL or criticises him should wait another couple of months until it's too late to sort it out.

No-one on this forum is new to football or the saints, I reckon we've more or less seen it all supporting our team. We've sat through some truly awful football and some glorious days too. I think this gives us the right to form an opinion on how the team and manager are shaping up we dont need permission to voice our concerns - and I for one am extremely concerned.

I make no bones about the fact that I was a Gus fan - dont think he was the messiah or anything but he was a good manager for us but I wanted DL to be great cause I love my team. It doesnt give anyone any pleasure to talk about how bad we are just now or how concerned they are about a manager who seems lost and likes to publicly criticise the team.

.......there got it off my chest now - carry on folks !

6 games........with a depleted squad is urely not the time to panic? Big Butcher had a nightmare start in the first division then once his team gelled they went on a great run. You need to give Danny time and judge him when he has his full squad to pick from. He strikes me as the kind of guy who, if he cannot take our club forward, will more than likely walk away. I think he has a lot of potential and a club like ours should be giving him time to make his mark. We were never going to be anything other than a struggling side with the reduction in money from TV, dwindling gates and the quality of and apathy for football in Scotland in general.

Dear Gus,

I apologise sincerely about thinking the grass would be greener without you at the helm of our magnificent club, Please accept my apology and return to the club and inform this deluded clueless illiterate little man who thought bringing in the population of Cowdenbeath would improve us as a team. :angry:

At least with you in charge we would stay in the division by the skin of our teeth and not be humiliated every week not just some weeks, I am afraid to say i think we are well and trully done for. :(

Please come back to us and save us Gus,

Your least favourite fan in the past now your biggest fan

Mr Knickersh*tter

:rolleyes:

Ok, it looks like there will forever be a divide between pro and anti gus mcpherson st mirren supporters. It might just be an idea to have sitting sections in the stadium set out for each camp. I'd love to shout abuse at the pro gus lobby for 90 minutes and it would generate a wee bit of atmosphere within our lunar shoe box.

The pro gus lobby could wear half st mirren and half rangers scarfs and the anti gus mob should all refer to themselves in the third person.

Let's 'ave it.......

Ok, it looks like there will forever be a divide between pro and anti gus mcpherson st mirren supporters. It might just be an idea to have sitting sections in the stadium set out for each camp. I'd love to shout abuse at the pro gus lobby for 90 minutes and it would generate a wee bit of atmosphere within our lunar shoe box.

The pro gus lobby could wear half st mirren and half rangers scarfs and the anti gus mob should all refer to themselves in the third person.

Let's 'ave it.......

Uncalled for and totally unacceptable.