Inverness Ct V St Mirren... 3/8/13

Lex

Anytime ive seen dvz he seems decent going forward but is easily taken out of position defensively. Danny describes him as a an excellent professional which means he is one of his favourites. That is the root of Dannys shortcomings. He is too loyal and blinkered to obvious weak links in the team

Being a good guy shouldnt get you a game, i would rather have a team full of pricks that are good players, van zanten would be lucky to get a gig in the 1st division.

Looking forward to watching the county v celtic game on sky and seeing Carey score so he can ask danny "how do you like those apples"?

It will be just a game come December when were rooted what a lot of shot from some. We're going nowhere but backwards. Strengthen or were in for a terrible season. Also why was Danny allowed to sign two untested keepers when most

Managers agree an experienced player helps in the Scottish premiership

Being a good guy shouldnt get you a game, i would rather have a team full of pricks that are good players, van zanten would be lucky to get a gig in the 1st division.

Looking forward to watching the county v celtic game on sky and seeing Carey score so he can ask danny "how do you like those apples"?

How are you goin to cope if he scores against your second team??

We don't have a big budget and we don't have a massive squad because we are living within our means and have invested in the infrastructure of the club rather than the playing staff.

No arguments with poor form over a sustained period if there is no longterm plan in terms of managerial change. However there is no need for knee jerk reactions like blaming the board etc

I'm not blaming the board at all, merely highlighting that they are ultimately in control of the situation.

The club is absolutely correct to live within its means,and I fully support this, but it is glaringly obvious that our squad isn't strong enough. If there is simply no further budget to enhance it, then fair enough. I'm not convinced that this is the case, though.

It will be just a game come December when were rooted what a lot of shot from some. We're going nowhere but backwards. Strengthen or were in for a terrible season. Also why was Danny allowed to sign two untested keepers when most

Managers agree an experienced player helps in the Scottish premiership

Panic buy

Well said saints0 at last after a summer of the happy clappers pretending we had a great squad the dull thud of reality strikes. With one striker on the books and no plan b lets face facts were going to be in one hell of a scrap for survival. With regards to the budget Danny is basically begging Newcastle to help him which isn't good enough but it does suggest gilmour doesn't trust him to spend it wisely .

I'm not blaming the board at all, merely highlighting that they are ultimately in control of the situation.

The club is absolutely correct to live within its means,and I fully support this, but it is glaringly obvious that our squad isn't strong enough. If there is simply no further budget to enhance it, then fair enough. I'm not convinced that this is the case, though.

They are and ultimately they will decide I Danny has done enough to remain in the job. I have no inside knowledge, I don't know how much input Danny has personally on shaping the club out with the first team and I don't know what his master plan is however his initial change in footballing philosophy was a breath of fresh air, the League Cup win was amazing and his conduct as a representative of our club has been fantastic. Like all managers he is responsible for good and bad results and he will be judged by them.

I haven't a clue if there is money there to spend. I haven't a clue if this is being withheld to see what happens over the first few games. I just think that there are some who have made their mind up and nothing will change it and this results in numerous frustrating comments on here at times.

Carey starts for Ross County today and has set up a goal from the sounds of it, Imrie scored for Morton, Parkins scored for Exeter and even Dargo scored for Dunfermline...just to add to the debate...

Every year our board try to survive relegation with spending as little money as possible....no fcuking ambition.

with the hearts situation this year the board must have been rubbing there hands, its no gonnae work this year

at least 2 defenders and 2 strikers are needed ....or we're fcuked big time..........

You are spot on but there are so many in the St Mirren support who think the BOD can do no wrong.

Back on the supporters bus now, we were absolutly shocking. We had nothing going forward and our defence was terrible. Our goalie was very shaky, I don't think he kept a single one of his kicks in play. Worse decision of the day was taking off McGowan and McGinn who are arguably our best players was clueless and lennon deservedly got a chorus of boooooooooo. It's going to be a long journey home.