Inverness Ct V St Mirren... 3/8/13

Lex

Well done to everyone who travelled north today, i wasn't one of them. This fixture looked like an accident waiting to happen.

I don't want us to be drawn into a debate about a dodgy refereeing decision when the problem is surely elsewhere and much more deep seated.

Today was the team's performance up to scratch ?

What is needed to fix it?

Will 1 or 2 loanees from Newcastle be enough to transform what we already have into the team we deserve ?

Would 2 loanees PLUS 1 or 2 experienced players added to the squad make it right ?

If not, the answer is that we require major surgery. Maybe SPS has been the voice of reason all along. The root of the problem may be more fundamental. Maybe Wee Clueless has to go now before the damage becomes too serious.

3-0 may turn out to be the result that turned our season round and set us on the right road.

Re: your penultimate sentence - you might be on to something there...

Terry Butcher has had to rebuild his ICT this summer (again). He's got a smaller budget than St. Mirren. Yet he's put together a far superior side.

ICT have a team of big players. They are direct and don't fanny about.

You aren't going to overcome a side by that by playing football "how it should be played", etc, etc... not unless you have far superior players... and we certainly don't.

Lennon must go now.

The manager and his assistant?

As you are well aware,I was referring to our on field deficiencies. Unless you've become even more f**kwitted than usual, in you old age.moon.gif

However, if the on field deficiencies are not sorted any off field deficiencies will be dispensed with.

Bad performance 2nd half. Both teams struggled with the ball sticking under their feet on numerous occasions. However I still think they looked much fitter, not better than us. As for the penalty, I thought it was. His hands were up even if it was to protect himself

Terry Butcher has had to rebuild his ICT this summer (again). He's got a smaller budget than St. Mirren. Yet he's put together a far superior side.

You aren't going to overcome a side by that by playing football "how it should be played", etc, etc... not unless you have far superior players... and we certainly don't.

Lennon must go now.

BBC reported only 2 changes in the ICT line up today from their usual line up of last season, where they came 4th.

squad changes, yes

re-building? Hardly

BBC reported only 2 changes in the ICT line up today from their usual line up of last season, where they came 4th.

squad changes, yes

re-building? Hardly

You could say the same about us.

New keeper.

3 out of 4 of our regular back 4

3 out of 5 regular midfielders.

Same lone striker.

We haven't signed better players than we have released though and you have to say what was the point in releasing them then?

ETA- McLean on his way back will help McGowan move back to playing just off Thommo.

Edited by davidg

We were a shambles today ,there is no shape to the team ,the defence doesn,t inspire confidence , and when things went against the team they rolled over.

John McCormack , Jimmy Bone , Lex Richardson would rolled up the sleeves and got stuck in after the disaster that was ICT,s second goal , our heads went down , and we just gave up.

We need a bit of grit down the spine of the side , and today it was lacking big style.

The squad is about four players short , lets hope we use the next two weeks well.

I don't quite get view that ICT are way ahead of us. Prior to the penalty and us hitting self destruct there was nothing between the teams. Did Cornell have to make a save?

The team crumbled around Goodwin today. We need someone like him in the midfield in games like that, to grab the game by the neck. We can't just let teams run over us onto the back 4 that easily.

Also think we should have held Grainger back for another 2 week's to get even fitter and find his touch. He looked like he was struggling with his touch, positioning and fitness.

Its amazing the difference a few players make to a team - for me the loss of Goncalves, Newton and Dummett has weakened us significantly. The signing of these three guys in my opinion was key to us winning the League Cup.

They have gone and the players who replaced them are not as good and it also seems that we have taken a flyer on the key position of goalkeeper.

If is frustrating that we never seem to build on success - this is a season where we should be pushing on but the early signs are ominous and unless we get some quality in we are really going to struggle

the warning signs that danny was struggling were there last season, but were masked by a tremendous league cup campaign.

However:

charlton 4 st mirren 0

st mirren 2 morton 4

qos 4 st mirren 2

non league stockport 0 st mirren 1

ict 3 st mirren 0

pretty much is the realistic story of where we are. Our management team are the worst in the league by a country mile and we can expect a very long season. No idea what goes on in danny's head, but it's contents are creating a debacle on the pitch.

Lennon must go now.

Fairly spot on Isabella.

Just listened to the after match interview with DL. The grass was too long. Thats the reason we got f**ked... the grass was too long !Posted Image

Well thank f**k for that, i thought we might simply have been shite !

Aha...so that's why we kept punting it like a bunch of clueless amateurs whilst ICT knocked it around. I did notice Harkins falling over the ball occasionally, but I assumed that was just him over doing things.

What the 501 of us saw today was a team with no shape and players out of position or some who believe their own hype. At worst, we possibly saw a team who don't want to play for Lennon. It was "our identity" though as we've been pish for months.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

I don't quite get view that ICT are way ahead of us. Prior to the penalty and us hitting self destruct there was nothing between the teams. Did Cornell have to make a save?

The team crumbled around Goodwin today. We need someone like him in the midfield in games like that, to grab the game by the neck. We can't just let teams run over us onto the back 4 that easily.

Also think we should have held Grainger back for another 2 week's to get even fitter and find his touch. He looked like he was struggling with his touch, positioning and fitness.

If he is struggling with his touch ,positioning and fitness he should fit right in

Aha...so that's why we kept punting it like a bunch of clueless amateurs whilst ICT knocked it around. I did notice Harkins falling over the ball occasionally, but I assumed that was just him over doing things.

What the 501 of us saw today was a team with no shape and players out of position or some who believe their own hype. At worst, we possibly saw a team who don't want to play for Lennon. It was "our identity" though as we've been pish for months.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

Don't agree with all if this, but most of it is accurate. Definitely seemed to be a distinct lack of fight and that was the most worrying aspect for me. It's a cliche, but has he 'lost the dressing room'?

Still think Danny has earned some leeway till the end of September at least despite all this.