Guy Gone

From OS

It has been confirmed this morning that Lewis Guy has cancelled his contract with St Mirren Football Club by mutual consent.

The 27-year-old striker signed for St Mirren in June 2012 after being released by MK Dons and he made a goal scoring debut in last termâs season opener against Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Guy â who also played for Newcastle United, Doncaster Rovers, Hartlepool United and Oldham Athletic â made 20 starting appearances for Saints with a further 15 outings from the substitutesâ bench while scoring 6 goals in the process.

Edited by sm74

wonder if this will result in the signing of Steven Doris?

Certainly is a good chance of that happening but there's plenty of time for DL to change his mind... Or sign yet another another centre mid instead.

Sacking all these players isn't cheap. That's Guy, Adam & Imrie gone with Mair, Barron & Robertson still possible, won't be surprised if we only bring in one more.

Edited by Murray7

Good luck to him.

Agree this must be hitting us in the pocket a little. I can see us bringing in one more player now that Guy is gone, which leaves us very thin in terms of squad numbers. Our season will depend on keeping everyone fit and injury free.

Think that outside of Cel**c everyone will be running with a small squad...

With Guy gone, we simply must sign a striker. Even before Guy was confirned as gone, I asked the simple question 'What is Danny's plan in the event of an injury to Thommo'?

With Guy, Parkin, and Imrie gone - there is no Plan B at present. Unless the plan is to class McGowan and Harkins as auxilliary strikers. I've watched us at Celtic Park with McGowan played up front and ripped out of his midfield creative role - it wasn't pretty. Thomas Reilly is promising, but is young, coming back from injury, and isn't a big target man type.

Thommo got injured last season? Parkin came on.

Gie's a signing.

is it possible that we just ripped up the contract? We wanted him gone and maybe another club, possibly Carlisle weren't willing or able to pay a transfer fee to take him

Don't think we were looking for a transfer fee, just moving him on without having to pay him for the whole of his remaining year.

Good luck to Guy. It simply didn't work out.

I suspect the mutual cancellation of contracts could be cost neutral As Gosport Buddie has suggested above. Freeing up a player to join a club as a free agent can be to his (and the prospective new club's) benefit.

I think this confirmation simply confirms what most of us already believe - ie: that we will be making further signings. I am 100% confident about this (just as I was before this news).

SG has confirmed that Danny has an enhanced budget for this coming season.

Watch this space....

Good luck to Guy. It simply didn't work out. I suspect the mutual cancellation of contracts could be cost neutral As Gosport Buddie has suggested above. Freeing up a player to join a club as a free agent can be to his (and the prospective new club's) benefit. I think this confirmation simply confirms what most of us already believe - ie: that we will be making further signings. I am 100% confident about this (just as I was before this news). SG has confirmed that Danny has an enhanced budget for this coming season. Watch this space....

FFs Drew, you mean something is bubbling away on the transfer front.

This is good news indeed.

Good news for young thingmie Guy (you forget them so quickly) as he was obviously wanting away. Good luck in your future career Lewis erm whats your second name again?

Good news for the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co as the fellah whose name has completely gone obviously was not in the "plan", the mythical "plan" that never seems to pan out.

Does anyone else still feel that tinge of excitement as the expectation of another new signing increases? I am like a child at Christmas only older, hairier (in the wrong places) but with just as many teeth.

Who will our new striker be.........Will we have heard of him?..........Will he be any good?..........Will he exist?

Off to the speculation thread with you all people!

can u just f**k off ya boring lie telling prick....your as boring as f**k...

Hi COCO where have you been trolling? You've missed another two of my exclusives coming to fruition. People on here now now I'm the real deal,you're lame insults will not go down we with my followers on here wee man.