The Lovestreet Transfer News Appreciation Thread

slapsalmon

Div, I'm not doubting that this is what you've been told, but I'm not buying it.

It seems to me that the club are not above employing tactics such as this in order to sign a few more bodies up, and I very much suspect that a striker will be brought in regardless of the ST sales situation.

You might be right Drew. Personally I can't see us going into the new season with the striking options we have. It is perhaps more accurate to say that the qualiy of striker we can bring in will be dictated by season ticket sales.

You might be right Drew. Personally I can't see us going into the new season with the striking options we have. It is perhaps more accurate to say that the qualiy of striker we can bring in will be dictated by season ticket sales.

Aye, I can certainly see that being the case Div.

I'd be stunned if we didn't bring someone in.

I'm sure I seen SG quoted somewhere as stating that Danny had a bigger budget going into the new season. Can anyone confirm that, or am I delusional?

I'm not expecting anything too spectacular (my Higdon angle was clearly errant pish), but we need some more depth/options up front.

Edited by Drew

Aye, I can certainly see that being the case Div.

I'd be stunned if we didn't bring someone in.

I'm sure I seen SG quoted somewhere as stating that Danny had a bigger budget going into the new season. Can anyone confirm that, or am I delusional?

I'm not expecting anything too spectacular (my Higdon angle was clearly errant pish), but we need some more depth/options up front.

MR Gilmour did indeed say there was money there for him to spend .It was in the P D E .

Guest somner9

Surely there must be bigger clubs than us chasing him?

You'd have thought?

Must be Danny's vision of 'Total Football' that's got him hooked?

This great season ticket debate is total crap. We are a proud one town team but our support is pathetic. We have the die hard 3,800 so out of that maybe 2300 season tickets? If we can't attract our usual amount of tickets after the cup win then the game is up for us. Tell you what though I suspect the club can afford to bring in players and should we sign a good spl player or two we might see an increase. As it stands I applaud harkins signing and the fact gowser has stayed but don't try telling me the two goalies or Dillon fills you with confidence. We may have won a cup and stayed up but that was with a far bigger and stronger squad than we have at the minute. I will say it again the team needs investment and I still fully expect that this will happen. Our team is wafer thin at the minute and we will be in deep trouble with a few injuries or players going off form. Also a loaned player here or there is great but it is not right to over do it as the team can lose identity. We must build our own team? Anyhow many players will be on the lookout for new clubs and although I would prefer them to be bedding in at min we will sign some more new players if we have any ambition of reaching the top six. If not then our aim must be purely 10th and hope that we can avoid injuries.

Edited by norrie82

This great season ticket debate is total crap. We are a proud one town team but our support is pathetic. We have the die hard 3,800 so out of that maybe 2300 season tickets? If we can't attract our usual amount of tickets after the cup win then the game is up for us. Tell you what though I suspect the club can afford to bring in players and should we sign a good spl player or two we might see an increase. As it stands I applaud harkins signing and the fact gowser has stayed but don't try telling me the two goalies or Dillon fills you with confidence. We may have won a cup and stayed up but that was with a far bigger and stronger squad than we have at the minute. I will say it again the team needs investment and I still fully expect that this will happen. Our team is wafer thin at the minute and we will be in deep trouble with a few injuries or players going off form. Also a loaned player here or there is great but it is not right to over do it as the team can lose identity. We must build our own team? Anyhow many players will be on the lookout for new clubs and although I would prefer them to be bedding in at min we will sign some more new players if we have any ambition of reaching the top six. If not then our aim must be purely 10th and hope that we can avoid injuries.

The gates did not go up after the Scottish cup final and they wont go up by much if any at all this season. The people of Paisley have always came out for cups in my 40 odd years of following Saints. There should have been a bigger drive after the cup win to get some to our leauge games. You just have to read posts on this forum from die hards who say they wont be taking out a season ticket this term so how do we expect new comers if you can't convince die hards.

Only Fergie had the knack of brining large crowds.

Dummett and Newton were virtual unknowns with Newton making a career first full 90mins at first team level against Celtic at Hampden with Dummett having first team exposure at blue square prem level. Look how good these guys turned out to be. Im hoping that our contacts with Newcastle result in another 1 or 2 possibly coming our way saving us cash in wasted contracts.

I can understand that the signings so far havent exactly been top drawer excitement but I buy my season ticket on the basis of love for my club and nothing else, regardless of who signs.

And one last thing, Paul McGowan re-signing for us has been one of the best signings by any team in the spl this season by a country mile !

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

I spoke to Brian late afternoon, there is nothing imminent on the signing front and it is very unlikely there will be any developments until the squad get back from Spain.

Also at pains to point out that Danny and Tommy have very high hopes for some of the younger lads like Brady, Yaqub and Kelly for example.

And one last thing, Paul McGowan re-signing for us has been one of the best signings by any team in the spl this season by a country mile !

Couldn't agree more.

Too easy to forget that we've already made our marquee signing. I was thinking just that when I looked at the shots of the squad heading off to their training camp in Spain yesterday. Fantastic to see Gowser in there.

I spoke to Brian late afternoon, there is nothing imminent on the signing front and it is very unlikely there will be any developments until the squad get back from Spain.

Also at pains to point out that Danny and Tommy have very high hopes for some of the younger lads like Brady, Yaqub and Kelly for example.

Has lovestreet confirmed any of this, though?

If not, I suggest it is taken with a pinch of salt.

Has Kelly got a settled position? Heard left back, centre half and left mid all mentioned.

He ain't no midfield player.

Left sided centre half and he was meant to be the next one breaking through but McGinn jumped ahead of him.

We need forwards though we got rid of our reserve striker in Jack Smith