Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

The players need to be ready to explain why they are not following the managers instructions to a T....... And if what a lot of people on here want happens, DL sacked, then they need to explain why they will listen to a new manager. I think it's a disgrace that DL could be sacked because of the players inability to do thier job as they should.

What the hell are you on about? Just what part of Danny's instructions are they not following? I didn't see him calling for the hopeful punts to stop, indeed he stated the lad will get to balls. It was Lennon who plays McLean out wide, it's not Kenny who drifts out there. He also then left Thommo up alone in the second half. He didn't appear to have a plan for Thistle using the flanks, so I suppose DVZ doing f**k all was him following the plan.

The players need to be ready to explain why they are not following the managers instructions to a T....... And if what a lot of people on here want happens, DL sacked, then they need to explain why they will listen to a new manager. I think it's a disgrace that DL could be sacked because of the players inability to do thier job as they should.

A manager needs to make people believe in him, and WANT to do well for him.

It's as big a skill as being an astute tactician, or great planner.

Make players want to run through walls for you, want to sweat blood for you. But make them want to do it because they want to do it for YOU! Not because they're simply being told to do things a certain way. That's the difference.

I don't know if Danny's able to do that with this group of players, but I know that other managers could.

When other less experienced managers are more tactically astute than Danny then we have a problem. Someone else said they thought he looked unwell. I would agree with this as he does look as if he has lost weight. He is a genuinely good guy and does not deserve abuse of any description.

St Mirren football club has a duty of care to all it's employees and as much I doubt whether or not Danny can guide us out of this mess, he does deserve all the help and support we can give him. I react emotionally after a defeat like everyone else and call for his head, but once calm returns would anyone here like to be the one who says " I'm sorry mr Lennon but your sacked"

Or the roles he's given them and the way he's set the team up isn't good enough.

Come on, Newton at right mid. Thommo playing alongside a player he's never trained with, a player he only met for the first time today. How are they supposed to nail the managers instructions?

2 up front with Harkins playing his I'll do what I want role leaving McGinn exposed.

It was suicide.

He picks the team and it was there for everyone to see within 2 minutes that he set the team up in a disastrous way.

Take your nose out his arse and smell the coffee.

Edited by davidg

Maybe, unlike some other fellow buds, I think we have some very good players and that is what makes the current situation so galling. I have seen some really poor players in the stripes in the past. We have a squad that maybe isn't big enough but surely is better than the current situation indicates.

Teale, McGowan, McGinn, Newton, Thompson, Goodwin, Grainger and possibly Harkins would all find another gig in the SPL if released today. Its how they are performing as a team that is the concern.

Today I wateched a team of First Division players and SPL rejects play us off the park but individually I would probably not rate higher than our players mentioned (besides their full-backs who looked classy). The formation, tactics and/or the mentality simply isnt working for now.

I felt sorry for our 3 man midfield today as they were completely over-run. Harkins played too far forward and we only had a midfiled 3 against their 5 plus their full-backs. The formation today was a shambles.

I sit behind dugout and tommy changed the midfield at least 4 times in the 1st half,in fact coming up to half time I don't think any of them had a clue what they were doing it went from 3 to 4 to 2 sitting back to 4 at 1 point I think harkins was too busy listening to tommy to concentrate on the game,surely the training all week must be about shape and positioning for the game ,they must have a couple of plans but to change it every 10 minutes is clutching at straws ,because not once did anything look like it was having any effect

been saying this for months,but the only person who cant see us leaking goals is danny,he should be sacked just for the fact that he is willing to let mair leave because he doesn't get on with him ,while Goodwin and cheesey are stealing money from our club every week,neither of these 2 would even make the bench with ANY other premiership team FACT ,he doesn't start the only player who can get a cross in and replaces him with a guy that turned up yesterday ,then says after the game the guy was not too good as he doesn't know his teammates ,(baffling)same old out played out passed out possessed out fought out scored,thistle deserved their win as they actually looked like they were interested ,unlike this pile of pish ,so please please do the right thing danny and go

OPINION.

Some of the fans at the game today were a disgrace  giving the players dogs abuse from the kick off, some even before a ball was kicked, What has happened to getting behind the team, even when they're playing badly, Do any of these "supporters" think abusing already disheartened , not playing well, or not "up for it " players will suddenly make them into better players.

I think anyone that likes this post wasn't at the game. The fans were marvelous today, even though the team were beaten to everything. We supported as well as we could in such circumstances.

Partick were well ahead of us at everything, if only Danny had read BuddieinEK's post he'd have known where the threats were coming from. However even if he had it would have been too late to get the players to the required fitness levels. Dave the jag forewarned us about modern football and he was absolutely right it did seem like they were playing 13 or 14 players as they were all over the pitch and kept going even when (undeservedly they ended up a goal down). The positives I can't take? McLean scored a good goal and Cornell is not the bombscare everyone says he is. Needs a massive shake up. If something is not sorted soon we might soon be joining Morton as the only team to have spunked a 15 point lead.

For ne the manager has to be accountable for his decisions. Gets the plaudits when things go well but has to take the flak when things go t*ts up.

Why bench Teale when he has been our best player so far this season? Why are we still exoerimenting in midfield well into the season ?

Harkins is a good player yet we don't seem to be able to accommodate hin in the team ..... why ??

Danny and TC need to get answers quick!!

To say players aren't following orders is just daft. If that was the case they wouldn't be on the pitch. I mean he hooked Guy off after coming on as a sub for less.

I am all for backing the team etc. and I have done so for Danny in the past. But to make out that this was anything other than a Danny Lennon cock up is just plain wrong.

To go into a game on the back of an embarrassing cup defence, with fans less than happy, and drop our two best players, play 4 central midfield players in a midfield and to play a declining DVZ has to be blamed on him,

On this occasion supporters have every right to be angry.

I thought our midfield was over run today ,and the defence probably did okay considering how much pressure they were under today.

Wew,ve got to make the best of the squad that we,ve got to progress , and to me that involves getting the spine of the team right .

Maybe its time for McGregor to come into central defence , For Goodwin to play as a holding midfielder , for Newton to move to right back , and for Gowser and Teale to be on from the start so at least we are set up to create chances

I thought our midfield was over run today ,and the defence probably did okay considering how much pressure they were under today.

Wew,ve got to make the best of the squad that we,ve got to progress , and to me that involves getting the spine of the team right .

Maybe its time for McGregor to come into central defence , For Goodwin to play as a holding midfielder , for Newton to move to right back , and for Gowser and Teale to be on from the start so at least we are set up to create chances

Goodwin should be nowhere near midfield.

We were over run because we kept giving them the damned ball and DVZ couldn't support Newton.

I sit behind dugout and tommy changed the midfield at least 4 times in the 1st half,in fact coming up to half time I don't think any of them had a clue what they were doing it went from 3 to 4 to 2 sitting back to 4 at 1 point I think harkins was too busy listening to tommy to concentrate on the game,surely the training all week must be about shape and positioning for the game ,they must have a couple of plans but to change it every 10 minutes is clutching at straws ,because not once did anything look like it was having any effect

Sadly this whole scenario rings very true to me.... and when this constant change happens in the middle of games can lead to mass frustration within a team and nobody really knowing what they are doing, especially if communication on the pitch is not prioritised.... I knew it could happen in a bounce or fun game, but never in a million years did I think it could be the case in an actual league match. This is very saddening to hear. :(

Thommo playing alongside a player he's never trained with, a player he only met for the first time today.

If he hadn't played Stephane the support would have slaughtered him. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I also have it on good authority that Teale was carrying a knock, hence why he was benched. But then again, unlike many others on here appear to, I don't get to see everything that goes on behind the scenes and at Ralston.....

Anyway, I'm staying away from here for a while, because emotions are high and people are getting to the "talk pish" stage again...

It would be good if DL explained his tactics today.

What was his thinking playing in Newton wide right?

Why start the new striker up front when he hasn't trained with the squad and only met Thommo today for the first time?

Why did he play 2 up front and Harkins in what seemed to be a free role leaving McGinn fighting the middle of the park on his own?

Why wasn't Teale on from the start?

Even if he had a knock he should have started as he was fit enough to play the 2nd half.

Edited by davidg

If he hadn't played Stephane the support would have slaughtered him. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I also have it on good authority that Teale was carrying a knock, hence why he was benched. But then again, unlike many others on here appear to, I don't get to see everything that goes on behind the scenes and at Ralston.....

Anyway, I'm staying away from here for a while, because emotions are high and people are getting to the "talk pish" stage again...

I don't think he would have been slaughtered for not starting him.

Damned if we got beat and that's what happened.

And as for Teale, he was fit enough to play the full second half he should have started. Even if we got 55-60 mins out of him it would have set us off in the right manor and the right shape.

Anyone can have it on good authority that we were f**ked from the first whistle today with his team set up. It was there for everyone to see.

Edited by davidg

1979/80, one of our best seasons ever, highest league finish I think, had a similar poor start.

Other seasons (recent) with flying starts have fallen away to almost disaster.

We can turn it around. It is hard to see where it will come from this time mind you.

They come from wins John if we had held out for the win deserved or not the whole place would have had a lift and maybe kicked on Hearts were poor against a very poor Hibs still got the points and got a big lift. We need a performance like that.

First trip to greenhill road this season today. Didn't think we looked too bad in first half. Thommo won plenty of knock downs to Stephane and harkins supported well. I was slightly surprised with the extent of booing at half time I didn't think there was much between the teams. After we scored we looked decent and should have got a second. Thistles first goal was well taken and after that heads went down and we got overrun. Could have been 3 or 4 by the end. Confidence is fragile and by the end no one wanted the ball. We should have and could have won without playing well. I think it will come, personally I hope Danny is given time

Just before half time it was changed to have big Bahookie wide right. Thommo was trying to relay the message and eventually did. So what happens next a big punt out of defence down the left touchline to Thommo who heads it infield to his strike partner who was now 50 yards away in right midfield. Tactics were baffling today and frankly any of the kids in the panda club would have had a better stab at it.

The biggest surprise today wasn't how bad we were but how

good thistle are, I thought they were magnificent and totally

outplayed us from start to finish, as good a side as I've seen

at new smp....

As for Danny, I felt really sorrry for him today he had the look

of a condemed man standing on the touchline, I fear hes been

let down to the point were its too late now by the board who dropped

Their guard due to the carry on at hearts.....

at new smp....

I don't think he's been let down, I certainly wouldn't gjve him money to spend. Who knows what he was told, who knows what we made, who knows what it cost to release contracted players, who knows the master plan...the squad today was filled with talent, but bereft of tactics, organisation and motivation.

at new smp....

I tried to warn folks that Thistle are a well organised and good footballing side, but was derided as "we should be beating teams like that"!

If they had a good striker they would be a match for any side in the league. They won't be relegated.

I tried to warn folks that Thistle are a well organised and good footballing side, but was derided as "we should be beating teams like that"!

If they had a good striker they would be a match for any side in the league. They won't be relegated.

You should have warned Danny. Especially that bit about pacy diagonal balls to marauding full-backs. Their No3 with the double-barrelled name had the freedom of Paisley bestowed upon him, with DVZ and Newton looking at each other and seemingly saying 'No, you mark him, I insist. No, you do it. Nope, you pick him up. Fcuk it, just leave him'.

Redeem yourself Brian - e-mail Danny tomorrow and ask him why he didn't change it after 15-20 mins of the game starting when it was clear our right side was having a new arse ripped.