Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Danny Lennon gave these players the chance to become living legends by picking a number of the current squad in the cup final and a number of these senior players are cheating not just Danny but every St Mirren supporter by not giving their all week in and week out for our beloved club. That is really starting to rankle with me now. Griff was right when he stated this a couple of weeks into the season. They are paid professionals of St Mirren Football Club who are paid to play for the club not Danny Lennon.

Some of these players should be ashamed of themselves. We all know who they are.

Edited by Mr Zo

Well, davidg said a player had a rant in the dressing room...I guess that's been made up too. Oh wait, because he said it, it must be true... I said a player had a rant and was told it "100% bullshit"...Hhmmmm...

It's called credibility.

You don't have any whereas davidg does have some.

davidg doesn't parade around under 28 different aliases talking to himself and seemingly being fixated on farawaysaint for some bizarre reason.

You on the other hand have a long standing reputation for meltdowns, bans, and huffs amongst other "attributes".

So yeah when you talk everyone assumes it's bullshit and when davidg talks we tend to think there's something credible about it.

Live with it or change.

Just watched Di Canio after the 3-0 defeat Sunderland suffered at West Brom.

Took real bottle to do what he did.

DL could learn a thing or two.

Yep it took guts and he handled the after match press briefing well too making it clear that he wasn't going to change for anyone. I liked all that. He's still going to get the sack though.

Yep it took guts and he handled the after match press briefing well too making it clear that he wasn't going to change for anyone. I liked all that. He's still going to get the sack though.

The thing I liked, plain & simple, was that he had the balls to face the fans. He knew he'd get a negative reaction from some, but felt he had to face them.

No sitting in the dugout for 90 minutes, looking as though you've no passion, fight, or ideas to change things from him.

In fact, when he get sacked this week, wonder what he'll be up to? Looking for a job??? :-D

Oh, and for the stattos out there, this is our worst start to a league campaign since World War ll.

This season is our worst start to a campaign since the 1920-21 season when after 6 games we had the same record as we have now. Grim doesn't even begin to cover it.

Edit : further investigation of that season reveals that we didn't pick up our 2nd point until game 10 with the first win not arriving until game number 12. Also we lost in the opening round of Scottish Cup to Armadale.ohmy.png

Edited by scottd

It's called credibility.

You don't have any whereas davidg does have some.

davidg doesn't parade around under 28 different aliases talking to himself and seemingly being fixated on farawaysaint for some bizarre reason.

You on the other hand have a long standing reputation for meltdowns, bans, and huffs amongst other "attributes".

So yeah when you talk everyone assumes it's bullshit and when davidg talks we tend to think there's something credible about it.

Live with it or change.

Quality irony...

especially after your meltdown and humiliation at the hands of dicko on the Glasgow workshy thread... :lol:

:1eye

I'm sure this has been mentioned a billion times before, but if the club is actually on the verge of being sold, why would the current board pay off Lennon? Surely they'd just wait until the new owners took over, let them make the decision and then they have to pay for his compensation.

It was bull shit.

You got the game wrong and claimed he stormed off and didn't get on the team coach because of this dressing room argument.

The part about Danny sitting with his head in his hands, not having a post match talk after the QoS is also bull shit and this didn't happen after the county game either. Pure fabrication.

I'd challenge the head in his hands denial, I've no reason to doubt who told me or his source.

Edited by TsuMirren

Who has just lost his job!

Our players need to have a long hard look at themselves I think this has gone beyond disliking the manager they need to show a bit of professional pride and I think the board see this or Lennon would have been long gone.

Mr Di Canio who has just lost his job!

Our players need to have a long hard look at themselves I think this has gone beyond disliking the manager they need to show a bit of professional pride and I think the board see this or Lennon would have been long gone.

Edited by Svard svard

At my work, I'm currently managed by someone who is clearly out of her depth. She makes poor decisions, doesn't accept challenge about these decisions, has favourites and undermines those who are not among her favourites. The result has been an unhappy team with different cliques, and open dissent with her methods and management style. I deal with it by getting on with my job and largely ignoring everything she says.

I have no inside knowledge to know if similar dynamics are at play in Greenhill Road, but I fear, when you look at his body language in interviews and games, that Danny is displaying similarly poor leadership as my boss has. If there are players unhappy with his methods, tactics, decisions, he needs to address that, reflect, adapt if he thinks its appropriate and if not, stick to his guns and explain why he is doing so. He needs players like Goodwin, Teale and Thompson as his on field lieutenants, so to not address any concerns they have is poor leadership. I do not accept for a minute a guy like Thompson is not trying; his reaction after the second goal yesterday was one of anger and disappointment, a much greater reaction than the one I was able to muster.

And lets face it, there are a lot of reasons for the players to be unhappy. Lets take DL's press conference before the Hibs game, where he talks of how successful he has been as a St Mirren manager, how he has brought a new identity, blah blah blah.

Well, since Lennon has taken over, we have played 120 league games. We have won 26, drawn 40 and lost 54. That amounts to 22% of games won, 33% drawn and 45% lost. It would amount to 118 points, less than a point a game. in his first season, after a glut of summer signings most of who are now either playing in the third tier of Scottish football or below, or have given up the game, we only amassed 33 points, and were only saved by a very poor Hamilton Accies team - in just about any other season we'd have been relegated. He got rid of one of our best players (Carey), doesn't play one of our current best players (McGinn), allegedly agrees deals with other clubs that players must be played, no matter whether it suits St Mirren, signs two young inexperienced goalkeepers when a much more experienced alternative is available, hasn't signed enough strikers, hasn't organised his defence and has created an imbalanced squad. The "identity" he talked about, of playing passing football from the back was, to my recollection, only present during fleeting episodes in his second season, and also at points during last season's League Cup success, though bizarrely this was not repeated in the league campaign.

Danny is a snake oil salesman. The League Cup win was great, and the fact that someone whose managerial record with us is very poor managed to excel himself on five occasions (particularly the semi and final) and we won a trophy as a result, is as much bewildering as it is fantastic. But the reality is now staring us in the face. Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors, time to get a good young manager in to sort this mess out.

Edited by Hendo