Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

The apparent apathy within the club regarding the current situation is worrying. I was talking to some fellow supporters last night and one of them hit the nail on the head when he said it's actually The Bored of Directors now , the BOD appear fed up and are losing interest in the day to day running of the club. There has been occasions recently , both games and other club gatherings where there has been no members of the board present , which must be a cause for concern for everyone. There is a growing feeling of a return to the bad old pre-Fergie days when the club was a shambles from top to bottom !

The apparent apathy within the club regarding the current situation is worrying. I was talking to some fellow supporters last night and one of them hit the nail on the head when he said it's actually The Bored of Directors now , the BOD appear fed up and are losing interest in the day to day running of the club. There has been occasions recently , both games and other club gatherings where there has been no members of the board present , which must be a cause for concern for everyone. There is a growing feeling of a return to the bad old pre-Fergie days when the club was a shambles from top to bottom !

I've been sayin this for months.

The manager selects signing targets, the chairman is the chap who allocates the funds.

I believe our board are to blame for the disappointing transfer window.

I think the board are trying too hard to keep the club debt free so they have a sellable asset.

I also believe oaksoft to be a vagina

This week I have thought about little else other than the immediate fortunes of my beloved club.

Something deep in my bowels is rumbling away to the effect that all is not well in the world. I just have a feeling that our board will regard Dan the soon to be ex manager man's position as untenable and he will be "visiting the buroo" before our match on Monday.

I have no source on this, no inside information and nothing concrete other than a curry not sitting right and my elderly insight.

Dan will not be with us long. The good news is that the new chap will inherit a fairly decent squad. This season can still be salvaged my forum friends, still be salvaged indeed.

Its inevitable, danny's future is elsewhere.

Have a look at the bbc website, you can see his general decline.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-mirren

On this page go to Video & Audio and click the right hand arrow and look at all of his pictures over the past couple of months.

The man has lost something and can no longer effectively manage this club.

Agree with this.

When i saw us at Stockport i was horrified what i saw.

No way are we going into the season with what we have got i said to myself

New signings are on the way we told ourselves especially forward areas.

The Stockport fans were saying surely your team is better than that.

Don't worry we now know we need players in certain positions and expect them in.

Only Grainger who was a trialist that game and a last minute panic signing came in.

If we and the Stockport fans could see how poor we were what were the club doing about it.

Unless there was some investment in the squad it's no surprise how poor we have been.

It's not just the results which have been poor more importantly it's the performances which have been shocking.

Instead of better they are becoming worse each passing week.

The club not just the manager better get their finger out or we will soon returning to the 2000 crowds

The club has been up for sale for a few years now. When the club was put up for sale, that's the point when the BoD signalled that they had become fed up.

We had a chance, as fans, to try and change that situation, but for whatever reason it didn't happen and we're now drifting along fairly aimlessly. If it hadn't been for the interest and enthusiasm that the league win fostered, which has all but worn off, this state of affairs would have arisen towards the tail end of last season.

Unless the club is sold, other than a managerial change, not much else will be changing in the near future.

You can even see the lack of drive in the way we sell tickets. On the OS its "Tickets are on sale now for St Mirren’s upcoming home game against Aberdeen as well as for the road trip to Edinburgh to face Heart of Midlothian."

Why isn't it more like - "Tickets for these two massive games are now on sale. Get behind the team, go to the games and help turn our season around" then the blah, blah about prices etc. Who the f*cks in charge of marketing down there?

Sell the club FFS (and I don't just mean 'sell' the club, as in SG's wishes!)

Edited by saint in exile

Ok it's time to let my superstitious side show. We should never have allowed yellow to feature on our strip. As soon as I saw that I knew were in for a hard season. It just doesn't belong on a saints strip. I know yellow features on our original crest but am I alone in feeling like this? Wrong thread maybe, but it might show that it's not all Dannys fault! If we lose on Monday and Danny cites the strips as contributing to the result then I'll know I'm on to something!

My superstition is that the more black there is in the strip the less successful we are. Check the relegation seasons and the cup wins over the years. Strips with more white have been more successful. I should have known from the start this was going to be a bad year Not only is there more black on the strip it actually says Blacks across the front!!

My superstition is that the more black there is in the strip the less successful we are. Check the relegation seasons and the cup wins over the years. Strips with more white have been more successful. I should have known from the start this was going to be a bad year Not only is there more black on the strip it actually says Blacks across the front!!

We can all blame Poz then!

FAO the Board - Poz must go!

There is a very obvious hiatus coming up after the Hearts game next week. Two week international break immediately after a game we really cannot afford to lose so I would be surprised if anything happened between Monday and the Hearts game however in my opinion a defeat in the Hearts game REGARDLESS of what happens on Monday night and the board has to be seen to do something - they have to back him or sack him sooner or later and looking at the schedule it looks the obvious time.

There is a very obvious hiatus coming up after the Hearts game next week. Two week international break immediately after a game we really cannot afford to lose so I would be surprised if anything happened between Monday and the Hearts game however in my opinion a defeat in the Hearts game REGARDLESS of what happens on Monday night and the board has to be seen to do something - they have to back him or sack him sooner or later and looking at the schedule it looks the obvious time.

If Hearts win this weekend and we lose heavily on Monday night in front of the cameras then it could be that the board react and try and get some sort of new manager bounce going into the big one at Tynecastle the following week.

If however either Hearts lose this weekend, or Saints win or draw then I fully expect Danny to get the chance to go to Tynecastle.

It's a risk, it's a gamble, but it's reasonable to say that the manager has perhaps earned that right.

Either way Hearts won't be ahead of us even if they win their next two and we lose ours, but if that happens and we are sitting just three points ahead of them, then the board will have no option IMHO but to fire him and use the international break to prepare for what happens next.

FWIW I think Hearts will lose on Saturday and I think we will also lose on Monday.

Yet another thread infested by what must be Morton fans predicting St Mirren losses and sackings.....

I remember when people who called them selves st mirren fans actually supported the team and believed they could win games.... sigh how times have changed since the rise of the fannyboy and all us internet professional footballing experts....

What if we win monday and beat hearts..?

Yet another thread infested by what must be Morton fans predicting St Mirren losses and sackings.....

I remember when people who called them selves st mirren fans actually supported the team and believed they could win games.... sigh how times have changed since the rise of the fannyboy and all us internet professional footballing experts....

That would do nicely.

Hearts and Killie will likely lose at the weekend providing us with a sort of "free game" on Monday night where the pressure will, to a certain extent, be off. Hopefully that will give us the boost we need to relax and play the sort of football we know this team has in them. 4 points from the next two games and the world will seem a better place.

COYS!

Really? You must be much older than me then cause I can't. St Mirren fans have been amongst the most fickle all my life. Even calling for Ricky McFarlanes head at half time in one match to chanting his name at full time. Remember all those after match demonstrations behind the main stand in the 80s trying to get managers sacked. It's not just an Internet phenomenon.