Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

I'd prefer MORE hoofball. We had the majority of the possession, according to the stats, on Saturday... but only had one attempt on goal!

We only avoided the automatic relegation spot last season because Rangers went bust!

But crucially you're commenting with authority about a game you didn't go to. lol.gif

As for that bit in bold? I have no idea what you're talking about there but you keep repeating it presumably in the hope that others will believe your bullshit.

Only someone very very stupid wouldn't understand what I'm talking about re the bit in bold.

If the cap fits...

lol.gif:

I must be very very stupid as well then cos I don't get that either, Dundee got promoted when servo went down, we were never getting relegated as far as I know.

I must be very very stupid as well then cos I don't get that either, Dundee got promoted when servo went down, we were never getting relegated as far as I know.

Firstly, they were called "sevco"

Secondly, Sevco didn't go "down" anywhere. They are a brand new club which applied to join the Third Division.

I'll try and explain simply... and oaksoft will understand this already. Had Rangers not gone bust then I'd say its very likely that they would have finished above St. Mirren last season and I'd also say that its very likely that St. Mirren would therefore have finished bottom of the SPL.

Just my opinion mind...

Edited by Isabella Duke

Firstly, they were called "sevco"

Secondly, Sevco didn't go "down" anywhere. They are a brand new club which applied to join the Third Division.

I'll try and explain simply... and oaksoft will understand this already. Had Rangers not gone bust then I'd say its very likely that they would have finished above St. Mirren last season and I'd also say that its very likely that St. Mirren would therefore have finished bottom of the SPL.

Just my opinion mind...

I apologise for the predictive text that changed sevco to servo, and I didn't check, and now you explain it I understand your argument though I don't agree with it, imagining the league would be exactly the same except sevco would be second and Dundee wouldn't have been there, but all other results would be the same is, in my opinion, nonsense.

I've never really understood the argument that some St.Mirren fans come up with that we are always lucky when something decent happens.

So, for example we won a major trophy for the first time in 26 years in March, yet there are many people who say we were "lucky" in doing so because Hearts pumped us for the first half hour of the final.

Big deal. They didn't take their chances, we did, and after winning at Pittodrie, and beating Celtic on the way to the final, there was no luck about it, we won that cup fair and square.

Look also at relegation. "Ah we only stayed up because Hamilton were crap", "We only stayed up because Rangers went bust", "Only reason we are not bottom is because Hearts got docked 15 points". And so on and so forth.

Teams generally stay in leagues because they have more points than other teams. It goes without saying that over the course of the season those teams must have been worse than us in order to be below us. It also goes without saying that the teams that are docked points are docked for a good reason and not just to help out St.Mirren.

Why are we always so happy to put our own club down ?

I've never really understood the argument that some St.Mirren fans come up with that we are always lucky when something decent happens.

So, for example we won a major trophy for the first time in 26 years in March, yet there are many people who say we were "lucky" in doing so because Hearts pumped us for the first half hour of the final.

Big deal. They didn't take their chances, we did, and after winning at Pittodrie, and beating Celtic on the way to the final, there was no luck about it, we won that cup fair and square.

Look also at relegation. "Ah we only stayed up because Hamilton were crap", "We only stayed up because Rangers went bust", "Only reason we are not bottom is because Hearts got docked 15 points". And so on and so forth.

Teams generally stay in leagues because they have more points than other teams. It goes without saying that over the course of the season those teams must have been worse than us in order to be below us. It also goes without saying that the teams that are docked points are docked for a good reason and not just to help out St.Mirren.

Hmm, looks like you've been too long maudlin over pissedaff.com

It's a St. Mirren fandan supporting thing.............it's in their DNA, some are never happier than when they are miserable. Never will I ever forget the 'St Mirren supporting walloper' next to me who started abusing the team as they came out the tunnel...............indeed a special type.

On topic it is nothing to do with 'luck' good, bad or indifferent that we are in this dire position however , pure and simple combination of gash form , gash attitude and some very confusing team selections.......................2 goals this season , one win since March, cough , splutter , belch , ............It really does make for dodgy mood shaping when dwelled upon.....................hence imo the tone of this place just now.

However , IF , here we go ..................we win our next home game there will be a significant mood lift , but , fact remains, the n'er happies will maintain that we were lucky . if , when we win. It's a St Mirren factoid thing whistling.gif

Well said Div.. absolutely... Up The Buddies..!

We need to root out these 'Negs' who are probably cock-a-hoop Morton fans infesting our forum spreading misery, suggesting benched players say DL's lost the dressing room, and generally doing down our club...

Absolutely let's deal with the evil within..!

Well said Div.. absolutely... Up The Buddies..!

We need to root out these 'Negs' who are probably cock-a-hoop Morton fans infesting our forum spreading misery, suggesting benched players say DL's lost the dressing room, and generally doing down our club...

Absolutely let's deal with the evil within..!

It's more like concern within mate . Concern at team selection , tactics , performances and lack of action from the BOD !

It's more like concern within mate . Concern at team selection , tactics , performances and lack of action from the BOD !

Yip, I definitely tick all those boxes. I am very concerned about the performances I've seen and I wasn't even at Easter Road, Inverness or Dingwall so I have not been punished anywhere near as much as many other fellow buds !

I like Danny Lennon as a man, as I am sure most of our supporters do, and I will always be thankful for him for delivering that trophy and that amazing day in March.

Similarly the current board will probably never be bettered in terms of what they have done for the football club both in the here and now and with the legacy they will leave behind.

None of those achievements make either the manager or the board exempt from criticism however.

Personally I lost faith in Danny after the Partick Thistle game. Not just because we lost, but the manner in which we lost and were completely outplayed. I can accept that the board wanted to give him some more time, but the performances since then against Motherwell and apparently against Hibernian were no better. I still believe change is inevitable but I will be there to offer support on Monday again and then at Tynecastle and at as many games as I can get to.

I do think the board should have said something by now, anything, even if just to say they accept it has been a disappointing start to the season and that the fans are unhappy and that they want everyone to be patient and give the manager time to turn it round.

We don't need a "vote of confidence" in the manager but we need leadership and I don't think we're getting it at the moment.

Maybe the club is about to be sold, but we don't really know anything about that either as nobody has said anything at all about the sale of the club since the 10000hours bid was rejected a year ago.

Exactly.

No matter what we do, good or bad, there are those who choose to highlight the negatives and look on the doomsday scenarios.

Sure most supporters are concerned about our current situation.

Is replacing the manager a possibility........................sure it is but there are supporters who have been looking for a reason to get rid of Lennon for years and are now positively creaming themselves at the prospect.

If he goes then, thanks for the great memories and some of the best football for a long time and let's hope his replacement gets a fair chance.

PS # pray for cheesy

Edited by faraway saint

We were lucky though...and it is exactly that sort of luck which Danny is now spouting on about. I've been using the lucky in the Final comments to counteract the nonsense coming from our current manager. It's nonsense and, in the end, doesn't matter. It's why I've said that Danny has had his luck. I've NEVER once said we didn't deserve the win, very very different sort of conversation of claim that, but we were lucky. Lucky to get Goncalves, lucky McLean wasn't available vs Celtic (yes, I know...more abuse...but we'd have been torn to ribbons if he played instead of McGinn) and lucky Hearts didn't convert their chances. We were lucky Celtic missed their penalty, lucky McLean's shot went in at Aberdeen, lucky Mair was even on the park to score that late goal and lucky with who we drew at each round. If we're now to rely on luck, nobody has ever claimed only the deserving are lucky, then I think we're due our time of not receiving any.

Some players have had their time to do very little over 90 minutes. I've no doubt that through the history of football numerous players have done things here and there, but you need consistency. Mark McWalter is a great example for us of a player who scored a few goals, but he just wasn't consistent enough. The same could possibly be said for Paul Chalmers, kept us in the league and for some reason fell foul of Fitzy. More recently, David Barron who plays well occasionally, gets injured, becomes the darling of the forum, comes back in has a mare and gets dropped.

It all basically boils down to us needing a manager/coaching staff who can work with the players, not complain about signings or waste money and a group of players who are consistent.

Luck is merely the integration of hard work and opportunity. Strangely enough, the harder your weork - the luckier you tend to be. I would question if we work hard enough Monday to Friday and fro the 90+ minutes on a Saturday, or whether havign won a trophy saome player think they have made it.

I woudl love it - jut once, if Danny turned into John Lambie and ripped into the players publicly (collectively - not individually). Then the fans woudl turn roudn and "say - yeah, your right". If it is out of character it could work wonders. Stop protecting the players, Their big grown up boys who know better. Just sop treating them with kid gloves and treatign the support as fools. We can see what is (or isn't happening on the park. Danny please grow a pair or get a spine transplant

Luck is merely the integration of hard work and opportunity. Strangely enough, the harder your weork - the luckier you tend to be. I would question if we work hard enough Monday to Friday and fro the 90+ minutes on a Saturday, or whether havign won a trophy saome player think they have made it.

I woudl love it - jut once, if Danny turned into John Lambie and ripped into the players publicly (collectively - not individually). Then the fans woudl turn roudn and "say - yeah, your right". If it is out of character it could work wonders. Stop protecting the players, Their big grown up boys who know better. Just sop treating them with kid gloves and treatign the support as fools. We can see what is (or isn't happening on the park. Danny please grow a pair or get a spine transplant

A Phil Brown at Hull style verbal battering on the pitch could do wonders if we are losing at half time, would show the fans that DL still wears the trousers in the changing room and he is well aware of the seriousness of our current form and position. Think there's is more chance of Sir Alex Ferguson replacing Lennon if he goes than that though.

We were lucky though...and it is exactly that sort of luck which Danny is now spouting on about. I've been using the lucky in the Final comments to counteract the nonsense coming from our current manager. It's nonsense and, in the end, doesn't matter. It's why I've said that Danny has had his luck. I've NEVER once said we didn't deserve the win, very very different sort of conversation of claim that, but we were lucky. Lucky to get Goncalves, lucky McLean wasn't available vs Celtic (yes, I know...more abuse...but we'd have been torn to ribbons if he played instead of McGinn) and lucky Hearts didn't convert their chances. We were lucky Celtic missed their penalty, lucky McLean's shot went in at Aberdeen, lucky Mair was even on the park to score that late goal and lucky with who we drew at each round. If we're now to rely on luck, nobody has ever claimed only the deserving are lucky, then I think we're due our time of not receiving any.

What a sad and misguided post.

You only look at things the one way, totally disregarding that in quite a few games in the league since that cup win we have been unlucky.

It sounds as though anything we do good is luck and anytime we lose it's all Lennons fault. 1eye.gif

Fcuk me, what an outlook. bye1.gif

PS It's LUCKY not everyone's got the same outlook as you.

Edited by faraway saint

Some players have had their time to do very little over 90 minutes. I've no doubt that through the history of football numerous players have done things here and there, but you need consistency. Mark McWalter is a great example for us of a player who scored a few goals, but he just wasn't consistent enough. The same could possibly be said for Paul Chalmers, kept us in the league and for some reason fell foul of Fitzy. More recently, David Barron who plays well occasionally, gets injured, becomes the darling of the forum, comes back in has a mare and gets dropped.

It all basically boils down to us needing a manager/coaching staff who can work with the players, not complain about signings or waste money and a group of players who are consistent.

Ignoramus

We were unlucky that Aberdeen didn't get a red card and us a penalty when Lewis Guy was halved down when right through on goal in the last minute at Pittodrie and we were certainly unlucky to concede the penalty kick against Celtic in the semi final. We were unlucky to have the ball deflect off Dummett and fly past Sammy ten minutes into the final.

And so on and so forth. I'm personally a believer in the "these things balance out" argument. If a team goes through a rotten period of bad luck then they will get plenty of good luck come their way at some point, IF they keep working hard.

We were unlucky that Aberdeen didn't get a red card and us a penalty when Lewis Guy was halved down when right through on goal in the last minute at Pittodrie and we were certainly unlucky to concede the penalty kick against Celtic in the semi final. We were unlucky to have the ball deflect off Dummett and fly past Sammy ten minutes into the final.

And so on and so forth. I'm personally a believer in the "these things balance out" argument. If a team goes through a rotten period of bad luck then they will get plenty of good luck come their way at some point, IF they keep working hard.

The worry for me, having seen us 4 times this season is that I don't really know if we are working hard. I maybe misjudging what I see on the pitch but they're not all busting a gut, as they should be. And as for training, well I certainly have no idea but based on reading between the lines, the effort levels may have dropped there too. I certainly hope our luck turns around - although in my 30 odd years of following the team we have never been the luckiest.