Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

The worry for me, having seen us 4 times this season is that I don't really know if we are working hard. I maybe misjudging what I see on the pitch but they're not all busting a gut, as they should be. And as for training, well I certainly have no idea but based on reading between the lines, the effort levels may have dropped there too. I certainly hope our luck turns around - although in my 30 odd years of following the team we have never been the luckiest.

Not if you were daft enough to believe TsuMirren. whistling.gif

Yip, I definitely tick all those boxes. I am very concerned about the performances I've seen and I wasn't even at Easter Road, Inverness or Dingwall so I have not been punished anywhere near as much as many other fellow buds !

I like Danny Lennon as a man, as I am sure most of our supporters do, and I will always be thankful for him for delivering that trophy and that amazing day in March.

Similarly the current board will probably never be bettered in terms of what they have done for the football club both in the here and now and with the legacy they will leave behind.

None of those achievements make either the manager or the board exempt from criticism however.

Personally I lost faith in Danny after the Partick Thistle game. Not just because we lost, but the manner in which we lost and were completely outplayed. I can accept that the board wanted to give him some more time, but the performances since then against Motherwell and apparently against Hibernian were no better. I still believe change is inevitable but I will be there to offer support on Monday again and then at Tynecastle and at as many games as I can get to.

I do think the board should have said something by now, anything, even if just to say they accept it has been a disappointing start to the season and that the fans are unhappy and that they want everyone to be patient and give the manager time to turn it round.

We don't need a "vote of confidence" in the manager but we need leadership and I don't think we're getting it at the moment.

Maybe the club is about to be sold, but we don't really know anything about that either as nobody has said anything at all about the sale of the club since the 10000hours bid was rejected a year ago.

I agree with what you say, Div, but I'm amazed that you put the blame only on the Manager and the Board. The players do the business on the park ( or rather, they don't, at the moment). They are to blame for not taking a shot, not making a tackle, not finding their man, not tracking their opponent. Leadership and a plan that works from the Manager and openness and honesty from the Board have been sadly lacking this season, but that's only part of the story.

We were lucky though...and it is exactly that sort of luck which Danny is now spouting on about. I've been using the lucky in the Final comments to counteract the nonsense coming from our current manager. It's nonsense and, in the end, doesn't matter. It's why I've said that Danny has had his luck. I've NEVER once said we didn't deserve the win, very very different sort of conversation of claim that, but we were lucky. Lucky to get Goncalves, lucky McLean wasn't available vs Celtic (yes, I know...more abuse...but we'd have been torn to ribbons if he played instead of McGinn) and lucky Hearts didn't convert their chances. We were lucky Celtic missed their penalty, lucky McLean's shot went in at Aberdeen, lucky Mair was even on the park to score that late goal and lucky with who we drew at each round. If we're now to rely on luck, nobody has ever claimed only the deserving are lucky, then I think we're due our time of not receiving any.

Some players have had their time to do very little over 90 minutes. I've no doubt that through the history of football numerous players have done things here and there, but you need consistency. Mark McWalter is a great example for us of a player who scored a few goals, but he just wasn't consistent enough. The same could possibly be said for Paul Chalmers, kept us in the league and for some reason fell foul of Fitzy. More recently, David Barron who plays well occasionally, gets injured, becomes the darling of the forum, comes back in has a mare and gets dropped.

It all basically boils down to us needing a manager/coaching staff who can work with the players, not complain about signings or waste money and a group of players who are consistent.

You are entitled to your outlook.

The rest of us who don't live on another planet are entitled to point and laugh our arses off at this pile of nonsense.

Thanks for the laugh. lol.gif

Not if you were daft enough to believe TsuMirren. Posted Image

Yes, because I said that we were the luckiest. I said Danny has had his luck.

If you watch the Final again and Hearts hit the post do you think we were lucky? I don't think we're unlucky now, I just think we're lacking in effort, quality and organisation. I'm sick of Lennon going on about luck so I highlighted instances where we were lucky. It looks like he's relying on luck, much like we all usually end up hoping someone else will lose to save us having to try. If that's the message he gives the players, "keep trying, luck will come", then it's no wonder he can't get players to turn a mobile off let alone play well.

Yes, because I said that we were the luckiest. I said Danny has had his luck.

If you watch the Final again and Hearts hit the post do you think we were lucky? I don't think we're unlucky now, I just think we're lacking in effort, quality and organisation. I'm sick of Lennon going on about luck so I highlighted instances where we were lucky. It looks like he's relying on luck, much like we all usually end up hoping someone else will lose to save us having to try. If that's the message he gives the players, "keep trying, luck will come", then it's no wonder he can't get players to turn a mobile off let alone play well.

In the first period of the first half hearts were the better team, no doubt.

Isn't the fact we stuck in, desperate at times, then showed some magnificent play to score three of the best goals you'll see, show it wasn't luck?

Did we score three lucky goals?

There is an element of luck in EVERY game, to write off our cup wins, especially the final, smacks of desperation and trying to fins an angle to suit your view.

PS Your overuse of the word luck is slightly annoying, try and find another.

Edited by faraway saint

In the first period of the first half hearts were the better team, no doubt.

Isn't the fact we stuck in, desperate at times, then showed some magnificent play to score three of the best goals you'll see, show it wasn't luck?

Did we score three lucky goals?

There is an element of luck in EVERY game, to write off our cup wins, especially the final, smacks of desperation and trying to fins an angle to suit your view.

PS Your overuse of the word luck is slightly annoying, try and fins another.

I haven't f**king written anything off! Jesus, is it not simple to understand that I'm highlighting where we've been lucky. Pop your brain in and take it in isolation. If you take the first 30 we were lucky to still be in it...that's pretty much true. If you look at Danny saying we only need luck now, it's basically mince as we're poor for 90 minutes as opposed to 30. He can't rely on being lucky then taking acclaim for what happens next.

"An angle" - I just think he's lost it, needs to leave and members of the squad need to put in better displays. Sick of his "luck" and "positives".

Looks like they're claiming to have no money.

FIFY.

In fairness, I suppose we shouldn't presume to suggest what they should spend their money on, but it can't be good being in the manager's position and having the sense that you only remain in post because the BoD at the club aren't willing to front up the expense of bagging you (I absolutely believe this to be the current state of affairs). Hardly a ringing endorsement, when all is said and done.

Similarly, the players will simply see the manager twisting in the wind, and the malaise that has been seeping through the club will only deepen.

Pretty grim stuff.

We were lucky though...and it is exactly that sort of luck which Danny is now spouting on about. I've been using the lucky in the Final comments to counteract the nonsense coming from our current manager. It's nonsense and, in the end, doesn't matter. It's why I've said that Danny has had his luck. I've NEVER once said we didn't deserve the win, very very different sort of conversation of claim that, but we were lucky. Lucky to get Goncalves, lucky McLean wasn't available vs Celtic (yes, I know...more abuse...but we'd have been torn to ribbons if he played instead of McGinn) and lucky Hearts didn't convert their chances. We were lucky Celtic missed their penalty, lucky McLean's shot went in at Aberdeen, lucky Mair was even on the park to score that late goal and lucky with who we drew at each round. If we're now to rely on luck, nobody has ever claimed only the deserving are lucky, then I think we're due our time of not receiving any.

Some players have had their time to do very little over 90 minutes. I've no doubt that through the history of football numerous players have done things here and there, but you need consistency. Mark McWalter is a great example for us of a player who scored a few goals, but he just wasn't consistent enough. The same could possibly be said for Paul Chalmers, kept us in the league and for some reason fell foul of Fitzy. More recently, David Barron who plays well occasionally, gets injured, becomes the darling of the forum, comes back in has a mare and gets dropped.

It all basically boils down to us needing a manager/coaching staff who can work with the players, not complain about signings or waste money and a group of players who are consistent.

Trolololol

Luck has nothing to do with our current predicament. We simply have been poor, and continue to be so.

The question is how to improve things.

We had an element of luck in winning the league cup, but on the whole we won on merit. We were better than Celtic and Hearts over 90 minutes and deservedly won our 4th National Trophy.

I for one have seen far too many 'glorious defeats' and 'almosts but not quites' to do anything but revel in the pleasure the cup win brought me. Lucky is not something I'd describe my team as, but I would describe sharing that experience with my dad and friends as lucky as it is something that I will never forget. Danny and the majority of the current team helped create that experience and collectively they need to get the finger out and try harder even if they think they are giving it 100%, as I would argue that given selected performances last season they can do a lot better. Sadly though in sport as in life it's not quite as easy as that. Once again one result may turn things and a bit of luck to jolt the confidence would be a massive help. I hope it comes with Danny at the helm even if only to prove the doubters wrong, but if not I will wish him well and hold no grudge against him.

Collectively though, the in-fighting is, as always, tiresome. Put into the perspective of the last 20 years things could be a lot worse. I'm not saying criticism and debate isn't appropriate, but character assassinations and relentless negativity without constructive posts highlights the naivety of what I can only assume are young Saints fans (or deluded senior citizens).

The League Cup win was ours collectively to enjoy and never forget. Don't talk it down, you may have to wait a long and painful wait for another day like that.

Stop character assassinations and discuss our team, manager, BoD, fans and club constructively.

And get behind our team as we all do through thick and thin without the petty bickering.

Edited by Bart Simpson

This week I have thought about little else other than the immediate fortunes of my beloved club.

Something deep in my bowels is rumbling away to the effect that all is not well in the world. I just have a feeling that our board will regard Dan the soon to be ex manager man's position as untenable and he will be "visiting the buroo" before our match on Monday.

I have no source on this, no inside information and nothing concrete other than a curry not sitting right and my elderly insight.

Dan will not be with us long. The good news is that the new chap will inherit a fairly decent squad. This season can still be salvaged my forum friends, still be salvaged indeed.

This week I have thought about little else other than the immediate fortunes of my beloved club.

Something deep in my bowels is rumbling away to the effect that all is not well in the world. I just have a feeling that our board will regard Dan the soon to be ex manager man's position as untenable and he will be "visiting the buroo" before our match on Monday.

I have no source on this, no inside information and nothing concrete other than a curry not sitting right and my elderly insight.

Dan will not be with us long. The good news is that the new chap will inherit a fairly decent squad. This season can still be salvaged my forum friends, still be salvaged indeed.

He'll be our manager on Monday night TT, they would have sacked him earlier in the week if he was going. JJ needs to put his champagne back on ice.

Ok it's time to let my superstitious side show. We should never have allowed yellow to feature on our strip. As soon as I saw that I knew were in for a hard season. It just doesn't belong on a saints strip. I know yellow features on our original crest but am I alone in feeling like this? Wrong thread maybe, but it might show that it's not all Dannys fault! If we lose on Monday and Danny cites the strips as contributing to the result then I'll know I'm on to something!