Kenny Mclean

Kenny was on the receiving end of some utterly vile abuse in the 3-0 defeat at Ross County earlier in the season. So much so that the culprit was approached by young Kenny's father at half time, and invited to go for a wee walk. To say that Kenny senior was raging is an understatement and who could blame him.

Why do these morons think that it's ok to shout vile abuse at young footballers as if it's a given because that's what you do at the " fitba" would these people agree with the same thing happening at their place of work.

We all know what to expect at games but in this instance the culprit was well out of order.

Kenny will have the last laugh over these clowns when he moves onto bigger things, Vince.

I ve not been his biggest fan but his form over the last month or so has been magic now starting to look like a player destined for a higher level well deserved call up thumbup2.gif also cant believe mcginn is not in the squad when theres a couple of bit part septic players and a sevco player from a part time league included

But havent you heard, the rangers supporting former celtic player who runs the under 20s is many people's pick for the next St Mirren manager? surely you cant be calling his decison makiking into question

Na Na Na What's his name?

Na Na Na it's Kenny McLean.....

There's a wee chant for you BuddieinEK.

Would like to see Rhianna blast that out at our ground wearing nothing but a Saints top....nah second thoughts just nothing at all would be better.

That would work quite well to the Banana Splits tune, Maybe Phil could play a few seconds of it the next time he scores biggrin.png

you can't say the abuse Kenny McLean gets is ok just because it's not as bad as the abuse Cheesy gets. The fact either of them get abuse is pish.

Just to be clear, because I obviously wasn't in my previous post, I have no issue with constructive criticism of players, but have absolutely no time for personal abuse. I am not Cheesy's biggest fan, but some of what I have read on here directed at him has been way over the top.

I'm not saying that hasn't happened with Kenny, but I've not read any comments that were downright abusive to him. If there have been such comments that I have missed, then I would agree that those comments would also be unacceptable. My (constructive) criticism of Kenny was that he wasn't showing the level of ability we all know he possesses. However, I'd never stand at a match and hurl insults at him. Not only is that wrong, but it only has an adverse effect on any player.

bunch of two faced synchophants!!!!

Some of us have supported the lad since he was first in the starting eleven.

Some of us realise that young players rely on confidence and support to perform (and playing in their favoured position also helps).

Some of us were prepared to cut him some slack when he was trying to fight his way back from injury.

Some of us were ridiculed for likening our fans attitude to him to that of the blue bigot fans to one Charles Adam Esq!

Some of us can genuinely say WELL DONE KENNY... I ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD THE SKILL AND ABILITY TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP IN THIS GAME! Keep up the good work lad!

As for all the comments trying to save face by stating that his workrate has increased.... tosh!!!! His confidence has returned and he is now desperate to be on the ball... just think what the lad could do in the stripes if we actually united behind him!

Put it this way... how long has Kenny been a regular in the top team? What chant have you come up with to support and encourage him?

bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif

Not sure who you're referring to here, Brian, but I've never directed abuse at McLean and always acknowledged his talent - on here and at matches.

Support is variable for any player, and varies between people and time, to be honest, so I wouldn't be pulling anyone up for adding positive comments on here regardless of what they might have thought or said in the past.

Not sure who you're referring to here, Brian, but I've never directed abuse at McLean and always acknowledged his talent - on here and at matches. 

Support is variable for any player, and varies between people and time, to be honest, so I wouldn't be pulling anyone up for adding positive comments on here regardless of what they might have thought or said in the past. 

Not aimed at anyone specifically Drew.

I welcome the positive comments... as will the player.

Pretty sure the PCA thing can't happen until the player is 24 under the Bosnan ruling. Probably won't make much difference though, he will either leave at the end of his contract for a compensation fee or a small transfer sum in January similar to what happened with the boy Murphy at Motherwell.

ETA: of course I hope we can hold onto him for longer but you need to be realistic

Edited by sm74

^^^^^ me thinks someone doth protest a bit too much! Guilty conscience! :lol:

:P

It's in the sun today that the club have opened talks with McLean about extending his deal and that he's keen to stay. smile.png

Really hope he stays, Got to know him really well this year and he is a cracking guy, just loves playing football, not to bad at the golf as well, But if he keeps playing the way he is bigger clubs will come sniffing around,

It really is outstanding that we have managed to nurture and develop two players like McLean and McGinn and bring them into the first team. Two outstanding youngsters who I hope we can hang on to for a few years to come before they inevitably move on to bigger things. Exceptional talents.

It really is outstanding that we have managed to nurture and develop two players like McLean and McGinn and bring them into the first team. Two outstanding youngsters who I hope we can hang on after we win the champions league to for a few years to come before they inevitably move on to bigger things. Exceptional talents.

thumbup2.gif

Another good display from Kenny on Saturday. Take a bow son.

Hopefully he will get at least 45mins on Thursday with Scotland u21s against Georgia.

After all we don't want him too tired before Sunday's showdown with Ross County.

I doubt he will get that amount of time.

15-20 mins if he's lucky replacing one of the Dundee Utd wonder kids.

How John McGinn ain't in the squad is a disgrace

I usually go to the Scotland U21's Kenny is as good if not better than most of these "wonder kids" Armstrong is actually pretty good but Holt, Fyvie and Mcleod are quite poor really. Kenny is much better than them .

Fyvie is unfit the last game i saw he was towing a caravan after 20 mins

McLeod was the worst player on the pitch and only there to pander to Sevco

It really is outstanding that we have managed to nurture and develop two players like McLean and McGinn and bring them into the first team. Two outstanding youngsters who I hope we can hang on to for a few years to come before they inevitably move on to bigger things. Exceptional talents.

It is brilliant we are bringing through talent like McLean and McGinn but it's not as if the other clubs aren't doing it at the same time such as Dundee utd, hearts(who have been forced to), st Johnstone with Stevie may etc. a club like us should be based around bringing through our own talent rather than it being seen as outstanding when we do