The Jim Goodwin Thread

It is downright cheating... by oposing players (wee bawbag) and by referees hell bent on showing who's boss regardless of facts.

The wee runt Thomson thought he was a hard man when he elbowed Gowser in the mouth and drew blood. Gowser was a man and got on with the game.

Goodwin went within a meter of Thomson and the wee shite went down as if shot by a sniper.

I hope Luny bans him retrospectively!

http://youtu.be/5sfcrFz3C2E

It was a daft challenge he did catch him with his left leg though was a tad harsh.

We were cruising and Jim did not need to go in like that

A daft challenge? 1eye.gif

Isn't that his job, ya dafty? lol.gif

We, St Mirren supporters, have enough trouble with other daft managers and officials making more of our captains tackles that is required without making daft posts like this.

Sure Goodwin has made some erratic decisions, that's his game I'm afraid but to jump onto his back for an innocuous challenge, well, makes you wonder. thumbdown.gif

Edited by faraway saint

A daft challenge? 1eye.gif

Isn't that his job, ya dafty? lol.gif

We, St Mirren supporters, have enough trouble with other daft managers and officials making more of our captains tackles that is required without making daft posts like this.

Sure Goodwin has made some erratic decisions, that's his game I'm afraid but to jump onto his back for an innocuous challenge, well, makes you wonder. thumbdown.gif

i do think he's a bit of a liability but in no way was that even a yellow card never mind a red.

One of the amazing things about seeing the replays over and over from different angles is the reaction of the Hibs players. They have been awarded a free kick and there are no protests for any further action, none of the opposition were even calling for a booking never mind a straight red!

If it was anyone other than Goodwin missing the ball when sliding in for a tackle there would be no red card, yellow card and the incident wouldn't even be any sort of talking point. Plenty of players slide in for tackles in the midfield and miss the ball and the man and that is the end of the story. Are we really saying that if Goodwin goes in for a tackle he must win the ball cleanly without touching an opponent in the process or risk a red card every time?

Kevin Thomson must be looking at a 2 game ban for his reaction to that nothing challenge, if Isma can get a 2 game ban for simulation to win us a penalty against Celtic last season then surely this is the same, if not worse, acting like he did to get Goodwin sent off.

It will be interesting to see what the pundits on Sportscene have to say about it tonight.

It will be interesting to see what the pundits on Sportscene have to say about it tonight.

Depends who's on it. Pat Nevin will act the apologist saying "It's harsh but there is contact, he gave the red a decision to make" and other sorts on nonsense that these shite pundits hit out with.

I am sick of Jim's 'reputation' preceeding him and equally a pissed off with some of his own fans attitudes! I was at the game but didn't see it well enough to judge at the time but by the reaction of players and fans in the main stand it seemed to be the wrong decision. Havin watched it over and over on alba - it was never a bloody red card EVER!

So because refs have it in for him and players like that shit yesterday know they can act it and help get him sent off Jim has to be extra careful in every ball he goes for - BULLSHIT! he is entitled to play his game the same as the 21 other players on the park.

I hope this is appealed and its successful.

Is it his job to get sent off?

Cos that's what will happen in most games if he flys in like that.

The last angle shows his left leg catch Thomson.

Goody should be apologising to the players who work there socks off because of that stupidity.

I think he was after revenge for the elbow gowser got from Thomson

Is it his job to get sent off?

Goody should be apologising to the players who work there socks off because of that stupidity.

Aber would have no chance in the modern game going by that... and players like Stark and Fitzpatrick would never have been allowed to shine either.

Is it his job to get sent off? 1eye.gif

So you still think his challenge was a sending off offence? bye1.gif

PS I'll leave the first highlighted bit out of this as your obviously suffering from some sort of hangover. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

So you still think his challenge was a sending off offence? bye1.gif

In my opinion no, I think it's a yellow at most but for ref in the modern is very likely there going to give a red when u go in that wildly and don't make any contact with the ball

And I don't think we will win an appeal if we do

Edited by buddies1877

Yes. He really should be.

After 30 mins on the halfway line when we were 2-0 up and cruising? Thomson was going nowhere and McLean already fouled him. It was never a red card but it was daft of Jim to give that cheating rat an excuse to get him sent off.

If that was any other player on the park it would have been a yellow at most but not many other players would have dived in like that.

After 30 mins on the halfway line when we were 2-0 up and cruising? Thomson was going nowhere and McLean already fouled him. It was never a red card but it was daft of Jim to give that cheating rat an excuse to get him sent off.

If that was any other player on the park it would have been a yellow at most but not many other players would have dived in like that.

Let's imagine John McGinn slides in, misses the ball, misses the opponent. Would any action be taken? Probably not even a verbal warning never mind a yellow card. With Goodwin there was no conferring with the assistant refs, just a straight red!

He was committed to the tackle! This is real life!

You must have watched too many episodes of the roadrunner where he would fall off a cliff but stop two feet from the ground after applying the air brakes!!!!

Edited by BuddieinEK

He was committed to the tackle! This is real life!

You must have watched too many episodes of the roadrunner where he would fall off a clip but stop two feet from the ground after applying the air brakes!!!!

noo that's funny hehe cannae beat a good cartoon -blow your head off and pull it back up out yer neck.

sorry for deviation and back to Goody..............

It was never a red card, but there WAS contact. The referees have probably been told to watch out for certain players, like Goodwin, because of previous incidents. And I can't see them rescinding the card - they won't want to lose face. Unfair, but JG will just have to be more careful in future.

In my opinion, Jim Goodwin now has a reputation that goes before him.

Not sure how he ended up with this reputation however as someone like Andy Millen was a far dirtier player yet didn't receive half as much attention from referees as Goodwin.

Maybe Millen was that bit more clever?

Football is a game for big girl's blouses nowadays. I dread to think how many sending offs Aber would get if he was playing in the modern era...