The Jim Goodwin Thread

First one was stupid but not deliberate. He will be banned for it though because it's Jim.

The 2nd was a complete accident and Derek Adams should be censured for his reaction and his post match comments.

There IS a witch-hunt for Jim just now and I fear for his career.

You can see how exasperated he is with his fellow 'professionals' trying to get him sent off. He can't play his proper game and you wonder who'll offer him a contract in the summer in these circumstances.

First one was stupid but not deliberate. He will be banned for it though because it's Jim.

The 2nd was a complete accident and Derek Adams should be censured for his reaction and his post match comments.

You can see how exasperated he is with his fellow 'professionals' trying to get him sent off. He can't play his proper game and you wonder who'll offer him a contract in the summer in these circumstances.

W.W.F with all those forearm smashes

There is a witch hunt and I want desperately to defend our captain to the hilt... ... but having viewed that first one again there was absolutely no need to lead with the arm unless for a reason. I can't see it as "not deliberate", much as I want to.

I'm must be the only one then watching every game of football where virtually every player contests headers with arms up.

Pretty much every footballer jumps with an arm or leg raised to protect themselves. He's definitely caught the boy, no arguments there, can't see where it's intentional though.

Lanarkshire_Bud, on 23 Feb 2014 - 22:48, said:

Thommo looked like he was about to banjo Nevin there over his stance in the head clash incident. Ridiculous comments.

And again Adams is a despicable wee c**t.

Said in the pre-match build up that Adams was a 'horrible man' but much prefer your description!

There is a witch hunt and I want desperately to defend our captain to the hilt... ... but having viewed that first one again there was absolutely no need to lead with the arm unless for a reason. I can't see it as "not deliberate", much as I want to.

He was expecting a 50/50 challenge mid air and the guy pulls out. What could he of done to not collide into the boy?

If you go into a 50/50 and pull out last second your going to get hurt.

He was expecting a 50/50 challenge mid air and the guy pulls out. What could he of done to not collide into the boy?

If you go into a 50/50 and pull out last second your going to get hurt.

My issue with it, is that Jim clearly leads into the challenge with the arm, he's protecting himself from harm which is fair enough, but he's leaving his opponent at risk. There's absolutely no defending that, especially since his every move is being utterly scrutinised.

i70jg0.gif

Also, looking at it, the boy doesn't shite himself, he knows the ball is no longer his to win and turns to protect himself from Jim. The forearm is needless. If these to strips were reversed and it was a Saints player on the end of a challenge like that, we'd be going f**king apeshit to a man.

Its odd that TV didn't highlight the straight arm mid air challenge made by the Greek defender at the start if the 2nd half which was more reckless than the 1st Goodwin challenge. The ref even awarded a free kick for that one!

You don't appear to understand the way these things work.

That particular offence wasn't perpetrated by Jim Goodwin. Do please keep up!lol.gif

You don't appear to understand the way these things work.

That particular offence wasn't perpetrated by Jim Goodwin. Do please keep up!lol.gif

That's annoys me there's certain players in every team who play the same way as Goodwin and they don't get highlighted like this.

One grey haired gentlemen who plays for Motherwell commits twice the amount of fouls than anyone else on the pitch escapes any card most weeks.

Jim has a problem with his arms when challenging in the air,the same as others in the past Andy Gray,Joe Jordan and Alex Ferguson were famous for this.

IMO the guy shat it in the first challenge and in my day down the racecourse these challenges were ten a penny.

If i reacted like the Ross County player i would have been slated by own team mates first,never mind the other team.

Times have changed

Derek Adams needs to take a good hard look at himself.

Over the three games we have played against County they have committed more fouls (49 vs. 38) had more yellows (4 vs. 3) and more red cards (2 vs. 0).

Picking on an individual player from a rival team in this manner, is basically cheating. The SFA should ban mangers from doing this.

After the Dundee Utd. game I said that Goodwin would have to be on his best behaviour until someone else became Public Enemy No. 1 - he clearly wasn't on Saturday I thought the first challenge was reckless although I reckoned the second was accidental.

Didn't watch Sportscene last night for obvious reasons but if Nevin called Goodwin an idiot it's maybe a bit strong but what term would you use?

Agree re the second challenge... Adams said in the press that tv would show whether it should have been a booking or not. It clearly shouldn't and if Adams was any sort of man he would apologise... ... BUT... ...

Jim leading with his arm (AGAIN) for the first one gives Adams a perfect get out of jail free card... he just deflects attention to that one... which was inexcusable and worthy of a card!

I fear Jim will be retrospectively punished for that one, which was just as bad as the one against Armstrong.

Sorry Jim... I have defended you to the hilt and love a "hard but fair" type of player... but these fore-arm smashes have given others a legitimate grievance and you have effectively singled yourself out for special attention with them.

bangin.gif

Sorry but it is laughable to call the first header a forearm smash or to compare it with the Armstrong incident 3 months ago. In the Dundee United game the ball was on the deck and Goodwin was always winning the ball easily and the swing of an arm in the challenge was completely un-natural and inexplicable... Goodwin went out of his way to throw a punch at Armstrong in the process of winning an 80/20 ball on the deck. In Saturday's game it is a 50/50 ball in the air, he leads with his arm and the other guy pulls out and gets caught with his hand. It was pretty clear from Goodwin's reaction that it was accidental and nothing like the Dundee United game where he used competing for a ball as an excuse /opportunity to throw a punch. All that should have happened at worst was a free kick to Ross County.

As for Pat Nevin and Sportscene in general, its really poor to highlight every foul or debated foul by Goodwin every game. He is clearly being singled out by the programme who seem quite happy to let opposition managers dictate what incidents get highlighted. To say only Goodwin knows whether he intended to catch the County player in the first incident, and the tone with which it was said, and the rest of Nevin's comments about Jim, all suggested that Nevin was claiming it was intentional and indefensible. At least he seemed to accept the head clash was accidental but even there he went on about Goodwin being rash and reckless. I look forward to Pat shitting it from making similar claims then next time a Celtic player does something similar.

I think behind the scenes the club should be backing Jim to the hilt with the SFA and SPFL and privately raising issues about the conduct of McNamara, Adams and diving opponents and they should also in less detail be backing him to the hilt publicly... I thought the article in the Record where Jim spoke about the Armstrong incident and reaction to it was (surprisingly) excellent: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jim-goodwin-breaks-silence-clash-3171039

DL saws Jim Goodwin is a clever man , so what he should be doing is putting together some stats , like how many fouls he,s committed this season , how many bookings he,s received , how many bad fouls from other games that go in scrutinised , how many times he is fouled , and then also analyse stats for other players in a similar position such as Lawley , Brown , Kettle well , Paton . I am convinced it will show how he is being persecuted , and how the BBC have an even a against St us

DL saws Jim Goodwin is a clever man , so what he should be doing is putting together some stats , like how many fouls he,s committed this season , how many bookings he,s received , how many bad fouls from other games that go in scrutinised , how many times he is fouled , and then also analyse stats for other players in a similar position such as Lawley , Brown , Kettle well , Paton . I am convinced it will show how he is being persecuted , and how the BBC have an even a against St us

"Aye, but, but, but, he did it too..."

It boils down to he does it too much, silly random fouls too much, pulling too much, elbows too much, blatantly just runs in to players for no reason too much. He's on the park, affecting our results, the rest don't matter.