The Jim Goodwin Thread

Finally calmed down enough to watch Sportscene without smashing the telly.

I thought Thommo did a great job of defending Goodwin in difficult circumstances. Any criticism of Thompson is completely unjustified.

Jonathan Sutherland and especially Pat Nevin, on the other hand, should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Concocting a hatchet job on a professional player on the basis of the flimsy evidence of that footage is nothing short of a disgrace.

Grasping at straws to try and make a story out of nothing. It's about time they started bringing disrepute charges into the Scottish game and Sutherland Nevin and especially Adams should all be in the dock.

Derek Adams attempts to get Goodwin suspended and consequently disadvantage a rival team, are simply cheating pure and simple. If that's not bringing the game into disrepute I don't know what is.

Finally calmed down enough to watch Sportscene without smashing the telly.

I thought Thommo did a great job of defending Goodwin in difficult circumstances. Any criticism of Thompson is completely unjustified.

Jonathan Sutherland and especially Pat Nevin, on the other hand, should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Concocting a hatchet job on a professional player on the basis of the flimsy evidence of that footage is nothing short of a disgrace.

Grasping at straws to try and make a story out of nothing. It's about time they started bringing disrepute charges into the Scottish game and Sutherland Nevin and especially Adams should all be in the dock.

Derek Adams attempts to get Goodwin suspended and consequently disadvantage a rival team, are simply cheating pure and simple. If that's not bringing the game into disrepute I don't know what is.

And that's what Adams has been about.

Gamesmanship not petulance.

He and the others (Allan Johnstone in August, Jackie McNamara at Christmas) know Saints are so much weaker without Goodwin in central midfield.

Our club should complain about this campaign which is intended either to get Jim suspended or blunt the way he plays. And we should also complain to the BBC who are it seems running their campaign for them.

No need to apologise Danny.

I'm not surprised you acted the way you did. I would have done exactly the same.

And as far as I'm concerned you were completely right to do so.

And the club should be behind you 100% in this matter.

I broadly agree with what you say, but Danny has to be given credit for this. Compared to the likes of Adams and McNamara in these situations, he is a class act.

Edited by Drew

Why should Danny say sorry? What did he do wrong stand up for his player who was getting abused by a idiot

I've no idea exactly what he said, but he probably said a lot in the heat of the moment. As has been said by others, he shows dignity and integrity despite his position and remains a class act, representing the club impeccably in terms of his attitude and demeanour. If only he could get the team to play accordingly.

I broadly agree with what you say, but Danny has to be given credit for this. Compared to the likes of Adams and McNamara in these situations, he is a class act.

You've got a point, but you're way more rational than me.

If I was Danny I'd be on the way up to Dingwall now to make sure Derek Adams really does have something to moan about.

I have a feeling Jim will be leaving in the summer along with Danny and Tommy Craig. 3rd two match suspension this season and it's just the end of February. Can't actually think of many games that Jim has actually played really well in this season. Just my thoughts and feelings on the matter.

I know we always say there will be a big change in players at the club but I actually think this summer will be one of the biggest with so many players leaving along with the current management team.

Two goals today and no Jim Goodwin in the squad coincidence???

Clean sheet also with no Goodwin to "protect" the back 4...?

Probably just the fact that we were playing Kilmarnock and their shit....

can we not just congratulate the players that were playing instead of slating the ones that weren't,, it proves fcuk all.....

Clean sheet also with no Goodwin to "protect" the back 4...?

Newton played very well in that role today. Deserves credit.

I don't understand why he's not played in that position more often.

I think it was a good call by Danny to play Newton ahead of DD today. We had a bit of extra pace in midfield which kept Erememko quiet. Well thought out team selection today

Not sure about Magennis on the right wing though.

Edited by ds10

Newton played very well in that role today - which kept Erememko quiet.

Didn't notice Eremenko was playing today - he was a great player last time round. Although listening to the match report on the way home I guess "round" is pretty appropriate these days. Newton played quite well in breaking down Killie's play but going forward, goal apart, he was pretty poor.

Didn't notice Eremenko was playing today - he was a great player last time round. Although listening to the match report on the way home I guess "round" is pretty appropriate these days. Newton played quite well in breaking down Killie's play but going forward, goal apart, he was pretty poor.

Great last man tackle in 1st half.

Red card or goal if he didn't nail it.

Edited by davidg

Probably just the fact that we were playing Kilmarnock and their shit....

can we not just congratulate the players that were playing instead of slating the ones that weren't,, it proves fcuk all.....

well said gary,who's to say that if jim was playing we might have scored even more,jim was playing when we beat dundee utd 4-1, but like you say it means nothing that he wasnt playing

• 1 month later...