Dundee United V St Mirren Scottish Cup 5Th Rd 8/2/14

shull

Gutless and heartless from both management and players, don't have a problem losing but to turn in a display that had no fight, no desire and no passion is not acceptable. It starts with the manager, I don't like managers that are out there every minute flapping their arms and moaning about every decision but I do except our manager to be out there firing the the players up when we are 2-1 down in a cup tie, in saying that players shouldn't need anyone to get them up for a battle they should be able to do that themselves.

On the radio yesterday they were discussing to-day's match. I can't remember who it was but someone said that we he looks at the St Mirren squad he is really surprised where we are in the League as our squad looks capable of easily being in the top six. I agree with him. We generally have a decent squad (except maybe CBs) IMHO but seem to have something seriously wrong about the setup. For example I think McGowan is a top notch player but in our team he is poor. I am sure if he went to Motherwell for example he would be a standout. Something has to be fixed. And soon.

It's obvious what's wrong, we have a shite management team, how some people can't see this amazes me.

Stop trying to defend the indefensible. A manager should at least appear to be encouraging his players.

Indefensible? I don't believe whether a manager sits or stands has any tangible affect on the result of a game.

His decision to not put Campbell on earlier. Or keeping faith with 2 young full backs whose performances aren't quite what they were. Are decisions worth discussing.

Or maybe the problem is that he wears a suit on the touchline. Lennon, Butcher, McCall all wear tracksuits maybe Danny should do the same.

Its the total lack of balance in the team. Great goalie, shite defence, strong and creative midfield, good strikeforce.

I cant believe that we are not investing in our defence for any other reason than a certain player/bod relationship.

I think we as supporters deserve an explaination as to why the hundereds of posts weekly about the defence on this forum go unnoticed but they do read them.

As predicted and expected, a tame exit yet again against a team who are no great shakes. I just heard Lennon on radio giving a pretty accurate summation of the game. He didn't seem to care at all that we are out the cup, I'm sure he is very well used to defeat of course, so it mu st come naturally to him.

The general consensus of him being dismissed at the end of the season is no use. We are going to lose next week again, mark my words,and be in second bottom place. The question is....is Lennon bomb proof ? Perhaps that's why he hides in the dugout. An embarrassment to St Mirren is what he is.

We , really need an old head at CH ,young Kelly stayed in playing them onside for the second goal ,Cheesy was slow going out a couple of times also, we need someone with the presence too make them work as a unit.

Totally agree mate but you're not saying anything most people on her don't say week in week out. Problem is the manager is either unable to see it or unable to do anything about it.

Haven't seen us for many months. Teale certainly made a difference when he came on. A fitter DD and McLean would also have made us stronger. As others have said McGowan and Thompson up front doesn't work. If Magennis is even passable he needs to start after the Aberdeen game. There's more than enough there to avoid a play-off if we could be better set up. The team lacks structure and it pretty much has every time I have seen us in the few seasons. I'm stating the obvious I guess. There's no way on earth we should to be integrating 4 new players at this stage of the season, have no natural right back other than DVZ and no cover for the other back four positions..

Knickerwetters as usual just can't wait to jump on Danny Lennon, he won the League Cup, usual suspects have it in for him, this isn't the time to question the manager's position, boo boys, etc....

Just saving Oaksoft and Beyond Our Ken the fcuking bother...

Brilliant.

We , really need an old head at CH ,young Kelly stayed in playing them onside for the second goal ,Cheesy was slow going out a couple of times also, we need someone with the presence too make them work as a unit.

And DL cant see it, we've crying out for CB.....ah well who are we, DL knows better....................NOT.

Where to start? The odd decent passage but for the most part second to the ball, sloppy passing, lack of awareness of opposition players movement, panic 'clearances' back into danger in our own box. Hoofs to Thompson to win most flicks but with no support just giving up possession. Allowing Utd defenders to simple race past on the wing ..no tricks.. just a kick ahead and beat our defenders to it.

Dreadful ! Was like watching the Scottish Rugby team making a mediocre England look decent yesterday.

Why would you sit Campbell on his arse in the dug out? The lad has been sharp and scored as many from outfield play as anyone bar Thompson in what time he's been given.

No disrespect to them, because the did their best, but we chose to play a clearly not match fit Djemba Djemba with virtually no games to his name in a year then replaced him with 35yr old Teale who has been out of action with a hernia for months on end.....then send on Campbell for 7 minutes......Where the hell is the sense in that? Seriously what on earth can Danny be thinking with that logic?

Its all very well saying "we were very poor today" "he wasnt at the races " "hes had a shit season" etc .The bottom line is if we invested some money in a quality manager ,this group of players would amaze us .I honestly believe Danny Lennon is the worst manager in our history,despite the usual suspects being trotted out,and despite the fact the group of players saw some personal glory and raised their game for the cup win.We have managed SIX victories since the cup win !!! i honestly believe that is pretty near impossible with the players we have,but there you have it .Please invest a fraction of the money wasted on journeyman shite and invest in a MANAGER,not a pathetic excuse for one who has used our club to practice how to be one and failed miserably.

Edited by saints0

McLean or even Harkins would be more effective playing of Thompson, they atleast score goals and can get shots away. Our attempts at goal ratio every game is shocking.

McLean's best position imo.

I agree McGowan has been poor this season.

Has a good workrate but quality on the ball is way down than seasons before

and 'scuse the capitals but it needs shouting.

WHAT THE HELL IS JIM GOODWIN DOING ANYWHERE NEAR A FREE KICK CENTRAL AND 20 YARDS OUT !

Honestly Jim if you think you're doing the captain John Terry thing taking responsibility then realise that a true captain would realise his limitations and leave dangerous position free kicks to someone else who has shown even a hint of ability in hitting a free kick. For the good of the team give it up !