Greg Wylde

Unbelievable! Danny finally signs someone taller than himself. Seriously, the boy looks genuinely happy to be here. Let's just give him time and see what happens

Thanks BJB, nice to see some positive posting on this good news. Great boost for Saturday with a new face onboard.

A dominating central defender.

A holding midfielder that than pass, tackle and that isnt prone to smashing footballers in the face with his elbow.

A left sided player that in attack can beat a man and deliver crosses for Thommo but also defend and track back to take pressure off of our full back - Wylde doesnt cover this.

A target man style striker as back up for Thommo.

That's what this is all about, opinions! IMO I think Wylde is a good signing and I predict that he will do well for us. I may be wrong but the guy has talent!

Some people are never happy though.

Definitely happy with this signing. We will be bringing in a player with something to prove and he won't break the bank. That's where the club is these days and, as fans, we sadly have to accept that we can't look on the higher shelves for players.

Definitely happy with this signing. We will be bringing in a player with something to prove and he won't break the bank. That's where the club is these days and, as fans, we sadly have to accept that we can't look on the higher shelves for players.

Aye there will be some super strikers up beside the jazz mags. Wylde has the right profile - the type of player well worth a punt. Still young and probably the last chance saloon at this level. The boy has pace and that alone makes you a danger in Scotland where pace is a sadly lacking commodity. Lets give him a good few games to settle in before making a judgement and as for the couple of roasters on his case on this thread already just piss off back to Ibrox - he walked away get over it !

Reasonably good chance of this happening IMHO. only issue will be if it flags up his availability to other clubs prepared to offer more. However I recall there is some background relationship between him and the Club so perhaps that will nail his decision

His dad used to manage one of the pro youth teams a few years ago.

The first time I saw Gregg play he must have been about 7 or 8 and he looked as if he could go on to be a good player. His career has faltered a bit recently but hopefully with the attitude the quote below shows and getting regular games he can go on to show some of that early promise.

Delighted to sign a 18 months contract with @saintmirrenfc looking forward to getting back on track again at a good club.

Retweeted by St Mirren Official