Get Behind The Team

I agree with this.

We are in a bad place right now on a bad run with a sitting duck manager who all and sundry know will be leaving the club in the summer. We are favourites for 11th and rightly so.

However, we have what it takes within the squad and within the football club to avoid the dreaded trap door.

As fans we must accept that Danny won't be leaving the club until the end of the season. We therefore must stop focussing our energies on him and start focussing our energies on getting behind the team and getting the belief back amongst fans.

We can stay up without making changes. It starts on Saturday, let's get right behind the team and roar them to what will be a massive 3 points.

Lame idea for a thread, everybody is behnd the team, some of us are even behind the management of the club as well.

You would be forgiven for thinking these "get behind the team" calls are a little bit qualified, should we not be behind the club as a whole?

Danny lennon is in a job until the season officially ends at least, everybody should be behind him too. if we want to secure the highest possible finish then there will be nobody but him in charge of the team when it happens

let's get behind St Mirren and every single person who works there

This is our club, our team ,our players

We are the supporters to encourage and motovate players as we have through many relegation battles ,and we have achieved our aim by our combined voices

We support to the last minute of the last game

Simple

Why do we wait until we're in a relegation battle.

I agree with this.

We are in a bad place right now on a bad run with a sitting duck manager who all and sundry know will be leaving the club in the summer. We are favourites for 11th and rightly so.

However, we have what it takes within the squad and within the football club to avoid the dreaded trap door.

As fans we must accept that Danny won't be leaving the club until the end of the season. We therefore must stop focussing our energies on him and start focussing our energies on getting behind the team and getting the belief back amongst fans.

We can stay up without making changes. It starts on Saturday, let's get right behind the team and roar them to what will be a massive 3 points.

Fair enough.

I'd be grateful if you could pass on my apologies. I'm staying in to wash my hair.

Lame idea for a thread, everybody is behnd the team,

Everybody is not behind the team.There are a few on here who are genuinely happy when we get beat.This gives them more ammo to continue their crusade against the Manager.

Everybody is not behind the team.There are a few on here who are genuinely happy when we get beat.This gives them more ammo to continue their crusade against the Manager.

There are a few on here who have fallen for that too John , I wouldn't have thought that you were one of them !

That I do not accept, do not accept at all. The obvious exception's being that DMC fellow who claims to support thr Inverclyde unwashed and maybe DaveJ who is a Partick Thistle fan. Everyone who support's our football club want's them to do well, every single one. Even those who call for Daniel Lennon to be relieved of duty forthwith and raplaced with anything from a bucket and sponge to Mr Ian Murray deep down want to see our fabulous and wonderful little team do well. Hell even Mr Dickson who claims not to support our team at all will bubble uncontrolabe tears into his pink fluffy pillow should relegation befall us.

No I do not accept that assertion, In contrast I thereby assert that those who assert that Daniel Lennon should be thrown from the managers office window only make such assertion's because they care about our club.

I have never blindly supported the Saint MIrren professional football club pte ltd co, I do so with my eyes wide open yet for some reason I continue to support them. I will be supporting them on Saturday and many others who have lost faith in our current manager will be doing the same and hoping for a victory nonetheless.

No-one of our persuasion wishes ill of the team, no-one at all.

Edited by TediousTom

Why do we wait until we're in a relegation battle.

It's a good point but ion our current predicament it's totally irrelevant

Relegation will see the disbanding of our squad and the potential for many years in division one.

If this fills peope with horror then forgetting personal vendettas against Danny and full backing of the team is required NOW.

We need to be able to say that as fans we did everything we could and right now w can't say that.

It's a good point but ion our current predicament it's totally irrelevant

Relegation will see the disbanding of our squad and the potential for many years in division one.

If this fills peope with horror then forgetting personal vendettas against Danny and full backing of the team is required NOW.

We need to be able to say that as fans we did everything we could and right now w can't say that.

I can't disagree with that, but is it enough to repel the wave of apathy that I feel engulfing me?

It becomes wearisome having to order in the Pampers and hoping that your sphincter doesn't rupture each and every year. I'm becoming a bit inured to it now, and unless I experience something resembling genuine passion on the pitch, then it is hard to muster up the same level of enthusiasm that I once had.

Last year was an honourable exception on account of the cup campaign and ultimate glory, but normal service has now resumed, and it feels like bloody hard work. I'll no doubt roll up on Saturday and beyond, but it feels more about some bizarre sense of obligation than anything else.

I applaud the rallying call, but I expect a bit of reciprocity from the club, manager, and players. Only they can deliver when all is said and done, and they need to step up to the plate, first and foremost. Perhaps if they do, then we'll have something positive to shout about.

I agree with this.

How do you know Danny will be bagged?

If we finish 10th,he has done his job

That's the prime concern for any St Mirren manager.

Getting behind the team,well it's a long time i have heard anything at Greenhill just silence these days apart from a couple of rants aimed at the linesman

I can't disagree with that, but is it enough to repel the wave of apathy that I feel engulfing me?

It becomes wearisome having to order in the Pampers and hoping that your sphincter doesn't rupture each and every year. I'm becoming a bit inured to it now, and unless I experience something resembling genuine passion on the pitch, then it is hard to muster up the same level of enthusiasm that I once had.

Last year was an honourable exception on account of the cup campaign and ultimate glory, but normal service has now resumed, and it feels like bloody hard work. I'll no doubt roll up on Saturday and beyond, but it feels more about some bizarre sense of obligation than anything else.

I applaud the rallying call, but I expect a bit of reciprocity from the club, manager, and players. Only they can deliver when all is said and done, and they need to step up to the plate, first and foremost. Perhaps if they do, then we'll have something positive to shout about.

I can understand your apathy and the only thing I'd suggest is that if we do get relegated we don't want it on our conscience that as fans we didn't do absolutely everything we could. IMO the time for giving up will be when relegation has occurred. Do you really want to give up hope with 11 games to go?

I'm right behind the team and will be there as always on Saturday shouting them on as will most on here. The issue for me is that I think that the team have lost their way and need a new leader. This won't stop me getting right behind them as I have always done.