New Buyers?

Edinbuddie

They sitting on the roofs of the stands? Or is it an opportunity to at last fill in the corners and get rid of the controversial UWS sign in one go? And they could hold masonic meetings in the giant tent and blow away your arguments about it being a waste of money. Endless possibilities. Failing that the T (The)RST could buy up and redevelop Keanie Park. Too far..

1eye.gif

Proof of funds is only ever going to be a snapshot at a given time, I could write a cheque to myself for £50m and pay it in to the bank and the bank statement would show £50m in my account (until it bounced of course), goes for nothing.

A wee bit more due diligence would be required one thinks rather than relying on a letter saying someone has the necessary readies to buy the shares to your club.

You only really need to look at Craig Whyte and where his proof of funds got Oldco.

Proof of funds is only ever going to be a snapshot at a given time, I could write a cheque to myself for £50m and pay it in to the bank and the bank statement would show £50m in my account (until it bounced of course), goes for nothing.

A wee bit more due diligence would be required one thinks rather than relying on a letter saying someone has the necessary readies to buy the shares to your club.

You only really need to look at Craig Whyte and where his proof of funds got Oldco.

We're no as daft as them.

So in other words you don't know how it could be done.

Stuart Gilmour has already said no more talks until funds can be shown. That recent comment sugests no one will be aloud to take over the club unless the cash can be shown up front.

what he says in public and what might actually be happening are not necessarily the same thing

what he says in public and what might actually be happening are not necessarily the same thing

who knows time will tell. At the end of the day I for one will be nervous of new owners unless they are hard core Saints fans as I said before any money put in to purchase the club will be paid back by the club .

Somebody out there is trying to buy up the 23 percent that combined with SG 52 percent would give them carte blanch to do with the club's assets

This is no good news

Another Murray International scenario

it's not the assets that will be the problem this will give the power over to one body meaning no one can vote against them on important decisions such as smaller player budget higher prices smaller staff to pay back the money paid for the club over many years. No one buys a club to pour money in to it for no return. I see a very dark future for St Mirren football club between new owner and relegation this season.

Would St Mirren only be at risk if the new owners went bankrupt ?

I suppose a new B of D could pay themselves inflated wages , but realistaically they need to put a decent product on the park to generate any real income.

I don,t think anyone would buy St Mirren thinking they have made a killing from the land value .

My feeling is we are due a wee change and a wee bit of freshness , wouldn,t be a bad thing.

it's not the assets that will be the problem this will give the power over to one body meaning no one can vote against them on important decisions such as smaller player budget higher prices smaller staff to pay back the money paid for the club over many years. No one buys a club to pour money in to it for no return. I see a very dark future for St Mirren football club between new owner and relegation this season.

We are already at that point.

Somebody out there is trying to buy up the 23 percent that combined with SG 52 percent would give them carte blanch to do with the club's assets

This is no good news

Another Murray International scenario

Hasn't the SG group already grouped up shares with GLS and others to make it 75% already?

Sure that's been mentioned.

75% ownership would allow the new owners to rights over the assets of the company that could not be blocked by a General Meeting of the company as with 75% of the shares you can pass a Special resolution with your own block vote. Remembering that St Mirren has never been owned, even just a simply majority, by one person (or group) having one person (or group) owning 75% certainly changes the dynamic of the Clubs governance.

Silence from the club/media is deafening.

And quite rightly so, given the delicate nature of such dealings.

If and when something concrete happens, then I'm sure we'll be informed.

However, I believe that any chance of a "St.Mirren minded" takeover is extremely unlikely and I'm sure the individuals who were asking the doom-laden question, "What's in it for them", during our last takeover bid, will be equally as vociferous this time round.................................whistling.gif

Edited by FTOF

And quite rightly so, given the delicate nature of such dealings.

If and when something concrete happens, then I'm sure we'll be informed.

However, I believe that any chance of a "St.Mirren minded" takeover is extremely unlikely and I'm sure the individuals who were asking the doom-laden question, "What's in it for them", during our last takeover bid, will be equally as vociferous this time round.................................whistling.gif

As a former recipient of said questions......might be fun to be "poacher turned Gamekeeper"....BTW...still nothing in it for me ;)

I don,t think anyone would buy St Mirren thinking they have made a killing from the land value .g.

unless the airport rail link comes back into play again and they could knock the stadium down and build a car park, or if there is some form of regeneration in ferguslie park ! 75% would allow an individual person or property developer to do that and there is here haw anyone can do about it !

why would anyone or any group that claims to have the clubs interest at heart really need 75% when they could regenerate the club with 52%

I'm sure everything will be fine if someone gains 75 % control of our club. . . .

December 3: Vladimir Romanov increases his stake in Hearts to over 80 percent, giving him full control of the club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-367271/Timeline--Hearts-Romanov-dynasty.html#ixzz3ERnxwsZ1

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If someone were to 'pour money in to' the club, surely that would mean a higher player budget, more staff, etc?

If you are suggesting that they would want to take money out of the club, then why pour money into it in the first place?

Leaving that aside, I would imagine that there are far easier ways for a someone to make money from a circa £2m investment than buying a Scottish football club and then running it down.

:1eye

And then after a wee while on high wages, the owners get bored and pull out or run out of money .

Therefore unsustainable salaries.

And probably death of St Mirren Football Club or Admin if we're lucky.

Nae thanks !!!

GILMOUR & CO. MUST STAY !!!!

I think there are lots of lessons to be learned from our past , and from previous boards of directors , and also from other teams like Hearts , Dunfermline , Falkirk , Dundee , Partick Thistle etc ,

With this in mind I would like to think that any new owners will be aware of the pitfalls to avoid , and also where the best opportunities to improve St Mirren lie.

Boards of Directors and New Owners come and go , but the fans and the club will always be there .

Whilst the last Board of Directors have been excellent for the club , a wee change might not be a bad thing , especially if it improves the quality of the team that we put on the park .