New Buyers?

Edinbuddie

Hearts are maybe regrouping and reorganising and may be coming out the other side of a long dark tunnel but it was a court in a foreign land that made the decision whether they lived or died only six months ago. Is that a risk worth taking?

Hearts are maybe regrouping and reorganising and may be coming out the other side of a long dark tunnel but it was a court in a foreign land that made the decision whether they lived or died only six months ago. Is that a risk worth taking?

I think the takeover , whoever it is , is already in place so whatever happens we'll need to get on with it . I have to say that the fact that several shareholders have been approached privately is quite worrying !

And quite rightly so, given the delicate nature of such dealings.

If and when something concrete happ ens, then I'm sure we'll be informed.

However, I believe that any chance of a "St.Mirren minded" takeover is extremely unlikely and I'm sure the individuals who were asking the doom-laden question, "What's in it for them", during our last takeover bid, will be equally as vociferous this time round.................................whistling.gif

The CIC were trying to entice us into a fan based takeover of the club so it was entirely appropriate to ask the huffy rich kid to explain the plan - I was never convinced.

The rumoured takeover is just another bunch of guys in suits who want to play Football Manager in Real LifeTM - no different from the current lot.

The CIC were trying to entice us into a fan based takeover of the club so it was entirely appropriate to ask the huffy rich kid to explain the plan - I was never convinced.

The rumoured takeover is just another bunch of guys in suits who want to play Football Manager in Real LifeTM - no different from the current lot.

Is that guesswork BtB or have you heard who these guys are??

Just guesswork - oh and there's also the sausage roll factor!

I was starting to feel left out and that maybe I was the only person left who doesn't know who these guys are.

Maybe if we could upgrade the sausage rolls to canapés we may encourage a different type of "guys in suits" to come forward.

Isn't there something in the rules about not being able to own over a certain percentage of the shares in a club if you are already involved with another club. I'm sure I read that Mike Ashley had to get special dispensation from the SFA to buy his shares in the tribute act because he already owns Newcastle and the reasons it was granted were because he would be under a certain percentage and would not be involved in running the new club. That would rule out scenario 4

Lifted from the BBC...

"While the SFA has its own rules on dual ownership, the Premier League in England does not. The Football League does, though, along with Uefa, which means that if Ashley sought to increase his stake further - by challenging the SFA's stance in the courts - and Newcastle were relegated, or both Newcastle and Rangers qualified for Europe in future seasons, he would face further problems.

If Ashley did seek to raise his stake in Rangers, particularly if he was presented as the only viable option to the club's funding crisis, the SFA board would need to vote on the matter."

nice...love you to

richKid.jpg

We never did get to see the back of that particular fag packetwhistling.gif

We never did get to see the back of that particular fag packetwhistling.gif

We all remember how anti you were last time but I'm curious. Is there no one in your view who might want to but St.Mirren for let's say altruistic reasons? Has anyone showing interest got to have an angle? The negativity arises every time before an offer is made or the potential purchaser is even identified. Is that reasonable?

We all remember how anti you were last time but I'm curious. Is there no one in your view who might want to but St.Mirren for let's say altruistic reasons? Has anyone showing interest got to have an angle? The negativity arises every time before an offer is made or the potential purchaser is even identified. Is that reasonable?

I think a certain amount of negativity is entirely reasonable given some of the chancers who have recently bought Scottish Football clubs. If everything is above board then any new owners would be open with the fans and divulge their plans as soon as they're able to, if they weren't willing to do that I would certainly have a lot of questions to ask of them.

I think a certain amount of negativity is entirely reasonable given some of the chancers who have recently bought Scottish Football clubs. If everything is above board then any new owners would be open with the fans and divulge their plans as soon as they're able to, if they weren't willing to do that I would certainly have a lot of questions to ask of them.

I can't in some ways argue with you but do you expect a new owner to say from day one that he wants to screw St.Mirren? Remember how all the multitudes of new owners from up the road said they would save Rangers? I still come back to the point that the almost universal negative attitude to a new St.Mirren owner strikes me as odd. If a new owner wants to asset strip St.Mirren, how much profit can they make if they pay the guts of £2m for the club?

I can't in some ways argue with you but do you expect a new owner to say from day one that he wants to screw St.Mirren? Remember how all the multitudes of new owners from up the road said they would save Rangers? I still come back to the point that the almost universal negative attitude to a new St.Mirren owner strikes me as odd. If a new owner wants to asset strip St.Mirren, how much profit can they make if they pay the guts of £2m for the club?

quite simply they would make no profit from any assets sold because club assets are way less than £2m,and with 52% of shares they would only get 52% of what was left after the running debt has been cleared,they might get the cost of a ticket from st james station to gilmour street

Have a look at the judge's comments about what Craig Whyte got up to

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-courts/judges-full-verdict-on-craig-whyte-an-extraordinary-case-of-dishonesty.1412337379

It's not just asset stripping, there's fraud by getting one of his companies to pay personal debts, not paying HMRC and also using the club to raise the funds to but it. If someone is dishonest enough they will find ways to make money without spending their own. Or there's always the current tribute acts way - fans are to a certain extent mugs because we all want our clubs to succeed, so they spend money then go begging to the fans to buy shares to help pay the debts and keep them going.

There has only been one offer to buy put to the support, and the proposers of that particular start/stop car crash refused to give the detail on how the economics would work, how the club and backers would avoid being saddled with an unmanageable debt. so I don't know why you accuse me of negativity each time an offer arises?

its worth noting the selling consortium decided the lack of clarity, diligence and planning was a risk they as supporters did not want to take with the club.

Could someone wish to buy it for altruistic reasons? yes they could but I suggest that would have happened by now, or indeed any such person may identify any number of other more deserving cause other that a football club to throw the best part of £2m at for 52% of the ongoing headache!

The offer made, then re-made then, then re-hashed with disaffected shareholders getting paid for their minority holding had more angles than a fifty pence bit!

and the proposer who claimed to now be a St Mirren fan has been peddling the same offer to a number of Scottish clubs supporters.

in short you can,t polish a turd! and that particular series of events stunk more and more as it wore on.

There has only been one offer to buy put to the support, and the proposers of that particular start/stop car crash refused to give the detail on how the economics would work, how the club and backers would avoid being saddled with an unmanageable debt. so I don't know why you accuse me of negativity each time an offer arises?

its worth noting the selling consortium decided the lack of clarity, diligence and planning was a risk they as supporters did not want to take with the club.

Could someone wish to buy it for altruistic reasons? yes they could but I suggest that would have happened by now, or indeed any such person may identify any number of other more deserving cause other that a football club to throw the best part of £2m at for 52% of the ongoing headache!

The offer made, then re-made then, then re-hashed with disaffected shareholders getting paid for their minority holding had more angles than a fifty pence bit!

and the proposer who claimed to now be a St Mirren fan has been peddling the same offer to a number of Scottish clubs supporters.

in short you can,t polish a turd! and that particular series of events stunk more and more as it wore on.

I wasn't accusing you of negativity all the time, only in relation to 10,000 hours. I was implying that every time a new rumour crops up it's all doom and gloom on here before even one detail is known. It almost seems that there is a consensus that if the club is sold at all it will be the beginning of the end.

Ah! But did it have more angles than a wooden thruppney bit? whistling.gif

The club is currently being run by the best hands possible die hard Saints fans. Anyone who thinks new owners will be nights in shinning armour are delusional and dreamers.

I certainly don't think that but surely there has to come a point when SG &Co think, bugger it, it's gone on too long and feel they have to sell even if they have some reservations about the potential new owners. Strikes me they have been very patient already.