Murray

Surely not. Please not. Cheap option and totally unproven in the top flight. A massive gamble! He has achieved nothing yet he didn't even make the playoffs he finished mid table ffs. I am sure Danny and tommy deserve another year at least. Show ambition and if you are releasing the manager get someone in who has a proven record. But we won't as that causes money doesn't it so we will go for Murray and pay him less than Danny . What a total lack of ambition and what a joke

Surely not. Please not. Cheap option and totally unproven in the top flight. A massive gamble! He has achieved nothing yet he didn't even make the playoffs he finished mid table ffs. I am sure Danny and tommy deserve another year at least. Show ambition and if you are releasing the manager get someone in who has a proven record. But we won't as that causes money doesn't it so we will go for Murray and pay him less than Danny . What a total lack of ambition and what a joke

He took Dumbarton from the brink of relegation to promotion candidates, he also got them a long way in the cups.

That said, he wouldn't be my number one option and I'm not convinced he'd do a better job than Danny.

He's one of the best young managers in Scotland, who has taken a club with a set up not much better in terms of cash structure and facilities, than a top amateur club further than they had any real right to. There are not many 'proven' managers out there so if our management team is changing I say look no further than Ian Murray Jack Ross and oor Suggie for our next dream team!!

Edited by Buddy Marvellous

Jesus wept, he's hardly achieved nothing. Who do you expect we bring in, Mourinho?

He's one of the best young managers in Scotland, who has taken a club with a set up not much better in terms of cash structure and facilities, than a top amateur club further than they had any real right to. There are not many 'proven' managers out there so if our management team is changing I say look no further than Ian Murray Jack Ross and oor Suggie for our next dream team!!

I think your kicking the hole out it a bit there, have you seen the Dumbarton squad it's full

of ex spl players proven journeymen, and a few top flight loanees thrown in for good measure

it's a pretty healthy squad they have, so this working wonders just isn't fact,

also did they not offer a certain McGinn brother more money than we did,,,, it seems to me there's

been a fair bit of investment put into that club,,, there's nothing remotely amateurish about them,

Edited by scrappy coco

Danny Lennon had a better record in the lower leagues before arriving, and now has a good few years experience in the SPL and a cup win to his name.

It would seem more logical to keep Danny Lennon.

I think your kicking the hole out it a bit there, have you seen the Dumbarton squad it's full

of ex spl players proven journeymen, and a few top flight loanees thrown in for good measure

it's a pretty healthy squad they have, so this working wonders just isn't fact,

also did they not offer a certain McGinn brother more money than we did,,,, it seems to me there's

been a fair bit of investment put into that club,,, there's nothing remotely amateurish about them,

I think McGinn went for regular first team action not money

He has a healthy squad,your words means he can build one that's a good thing

Danny Lennon had a better record in the lower leagues before arriving, and now has a good few years experience in the SPL and a cup win to his name.

It would seem more logical to keep Danny Lennon.

????? How can you have a better record in lower leagues with one promotion by default? He had never managed in Division One.

Without one signing and one injury we'd never have won the Cup. I always set that aside, especially as Danny was never head hunted like McInnes, Lomas, Coyle, Hughes or even Jefferies.

As far as lower league signings went, Danny's knowledge went about as far as McGregor. I'm not saying Murray's would be better, but he certainly appears to have completely turned Dumbarton around. Give him better resources and who knows.

????? How can you have a better record in lower leagues with one promotion by default? He had never managed in Division One.

Without one signing and one injury we'd never have won the Cup. I always set that aside, especially as Danny was never head hunted like McInnes, Lomas, Coyle, Hughes or even Jefferies.

As far as lower league signings went, Danny's knowledge went about as far as McGregor. I'm not saying Murray's would be better, but he certainly appears to have completely turned Dumbarton around. Give him better resources and who knows.

FFS.

You never learn.

You were resoundingly mocked the last time you put our cup win down to luck, you must like being the guy who people point and laugh at. 1eye.gif

FFS.

You never learn.

You were resoundingly mocked the last time you put our cup win down to luck, you must like being the guy who people point and laugh at. 1eye.gif

McLean on that park vs Celtic, we'd have been f**king slaughtered. No Goncalves, we wouldn't have cut anyone apart.

I'm not talking about the penalty save or the first 30 versus Hearts.

Had Kenny been fit and Austin hadn't brought in Goncalves we'd be currently talking about how Danny's replacement did in his first season.

McLean on that park vs Celtic, we'd have been f**king slaughtered. No Goncalves, we wouldn't have cut anyone apart.

I'm not talking about the penalty save or the first 30 versus Hearts.

Had Kenny been fit and Austin hadn't brought in Goncalves we'd be currently talking about how Danny's replacement did in his first season.

IF your granny had balls she'd be your granddad, FFS. 1eye.gif

Give it up. bye1.gif

Ian Murray has a League One side safely Championship mid-table - a higher level than Danny Lennon was managing at when we appointed him.

And Terry Butcher finished 4th in the SPL with ICT. He's the man to take Hibs to the next level....

Whoever the alternative is it's a roll of the dice. Stick with Danny I say.

137 years and 4 major domestic cup trophies...that is one success every 34.25 years. We've been in a further 5 finals if I'm not mistaken and lost (x3 Scottish Cup and x2 League Cup) meaning a final every 15.2 years. Cup success is littered with luck for every successful team.

You'll look back on your nonsense comments in years to come and cringe. Get over your dislike for one person and enjoy all too often exceedingly rare St.Mirren success.

137 years and 4 major domestic cup trophies...that is one success every 34.25 years. We've been in a further 5 finals if I'm not mistaken and lost (x3 Scottish Cup and x2 League Cup) meaning a final every 15.2 years. Cup success is littered with luck for every successful team.

You'll look back on your nonsense comments in years to come and cringe. Get over your dislike for one person and enjoy all too often exceedingly rare St.Mirren success.

Nah, I just work in a business that demands continued and consistent success. I'll cringe at nothing!

Nah, I just work in a business that demands continued and consistent success. I'll cringe at nothing!

Strange you claim to be a St.Mirren fan. You must be perennially disappointed and frustrated. Looking back at the last 26 years ongoing top flight football and a major trophy is continued and consistent success...

ETA: I shouldn't have replied when you don't seem to mind the ridiculousness of your point. I just cannot understand why the memory of 17/3/13 is tinged with this bitterness and not simply

complete unbridled joy.

Edited by Bart Simpson