Screen

I'm going to duck out of this now, it seems ridiculous to be spending so much time discussing a scoreboard.

The negativity within our support towards our football club absolutely astounds me at times.

Night !

Just lock the thread then we can move on.

I'm going to duck out of this now, it seems ridiculous to be spending so much time discussing a scoreboard.

The negativity within our support towards our football club absolutely astounds me at times.

Night !

Fair enough , on the flip side though the unquestioning attitude of others borders on delusion.

No , bollocks to that. So when a dissenting but reasoned voice speaks up we should lock a thread ?

All i have said is IN MY OPINION. I`ve yet to hear anything in this discussion which even begins to get near changing my mind !

No, I don't agree with that at all.

It's easy to slag people off at the club whether its footballing staff or non-footballing staff and I'm sure most folk say negative things during a season but even when the club attempt to do new things and ideas all you ever hear at the grounds or read on here is bad views about what they have tried or about to try. I'm sure loads of things in the world weren't easy to do at first but surely that's how we all learn and as whydowebother posted, if as a result of someone on here saying they couldn't read it, someone noticed and took time out to fix it then that would be a good thing. It's just the forum seems to get clogged up with more and more negativity. I don't really like using the word negativity but that's the only way I can describe it. For years people have accused the Club of not connecting with the support or looking into avenues that could increase the financial income of the club and now that they're trying to become better at these things (as well as trying to sell the club) people are lining up for pot shots?

Fair enough , on the flip side though the unquestioning attitude of others borders on delusion.

spot on,if you point out a problem your labeled as being negative,your not supposed to have an opinion unless your saying how wonderful things are- e.g. the fans council who were put in place to be a bridge between the club and fans have been told to refrain from passing on certain info to fans - i was told they had to sign a confidentiality clause, that was after i gave up being a member of that council, partly due to minutes being posted which were totally different to what was said at meetings

Edited by buddiecat

I'd personally take out the "at times" and you could add this comment to the vast majority of threads on the site.

The screen has apparently already paid for itself in 2 games! It is now making money for the club...therefore regardless of teething problems or not how is it not fit for purpose?

I will add the words website design to my advert since it seems to have upset a few people.

I dunno, I kind of thought putting new money into the club we all support would be a good thing.

Tell you something, if I was a random punter who was advertising on there and my advert was getting the sort of flak I'm reading here I'd probably think twice about doing it again. What a great message we are sending to potential sponsors.

the mention about your advert was a bit of a joke on my behalf.

on the other point,If a potential advertiser went along to a game and was unable to read some adverts would that not possibly put them off? If the thing worked the way it is meant to, then there wouldnt be a problem,

In this regard though the purpose is to make money...apparently it is doing so.

Teething problems with certain messages and highlighting that some need to visit the opticians aside I think the crux of Div's point is that there is never a happy medium with reasoned discussion...simply calamity followed by catastrophe followed by melt down...

Extra cash for the club with no further significant outlay...

It is staggering to think that people are wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth over this. Do you genuinely find the screen upsetting? Personally, I find it quite amusing, a wee diversion in a typically amateur St Mirren stylee. If it is making money, what is the harm?

The Hall of Fame stuff is a poor show, as was the missing letter from the club's name over the main entrance for month after month. They cheapen the club's image, but the screen is an additional feature, however limited it might appear to some. It is serving a useful purpose by bringing money into the club, so I struggle to see why some are still making such a big deal about it.

Edited by Drew

Night !

never a truer word said Div....as ive said all along...give them their own thread

Here's an idea. As the people in the south stand have difficulty reading the screen, why not put up another one at the south end of the ground? Problem solved.

And like the away fans, they'll no see it. bangin.gif

Here's an idea. As the people in the south stand have difficulty reading the screen, why not put up another one at the south end of the ground? Problem solved.

I heard today that were getting another screen in the corner diagonally across from the present one.

I heard today that were getting another screen in the corner diagonally across from the present one.

Then i'll no be able to read 2 screens.

Hing one from the South Stand roof with the screen facing the crowd and hopefully hiding the pitch.

Jobs a guid yin thumbup2.gif

the mention about your advert was a bit of a joke on my behalf.

on the other point,If a potential advertiser went along to a game and was unable to read some adverts would that not possibly put them off? If the thing worked the way it is meant to, then there wouldnt be a problem,

I would expect if that was the case that the advertiser in question would work with the club to refine their advert so that it would be more effective.

Are these the type of screens that could be placed alongside each other and act as one larger, widescreen option? If so, this might be more effective than siting another elsewhere in the stadium. It would certainly be more visible.

Just a thought....

spot on,if you point out a problem your labeled as being negative,your not supposed to have an opinion unless your saying how wonderful things are- e.g. the fans council who were put in place to be a bridge between the club and fans have been told to refrain from passing on certain info to fans - i was told they had to sign a confidentiality clause, that was after i gave up being a member of that council, partly due to minutes being posted which were totally different to what was said at meetings

I think it is the way that these points are made that gives the overwhelming feeling of negativity for the sake of it.

If for example a post said "I sit in the South Stand and I struggle to see the ads on the new screen, think I might email the club and let them know as it might put off potential advertisers" it would be viewed (IMO) as being constructive criticism.

On the other hand a post like "The new screen is a f**king shambles, I can't even read it, why would anyone ever want to advertise on that, f**king waste of money. Another example of utter shite from our club." then that might be seen as being overly negative and potentially damaging to the club.

That is where I am coming from.

Some of our some so called fans like nothing better than downing their own club. It's beggers belief. Let's get in into perspective were a small provincial club with a 8,000 seater stadium. What they expect a scoreboard the size of the one at parkhead they used for the commonwealth games. It's making money for the club already so how is that a bad thing. Club are trying to exhaust every way to bring some much needed cash. We'll done to all involved. The moaners get a life ffs.

I think the problem is that if there is anyone in the family stand who was thinking about advertising on the screen will have been put off with the fact that you can't read what's there unless its in large writing I suspect the people who are using it just now booked it before it was put into use and never thought there would be a problem reading it from afar.Hopefully it can be resolved.

Did anyone else see irony in this item on the screen on Saturday ?

IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE HERE

SLXBRUSBRHWKXDKCJVFFVVFFVPVFF[]PPNTRTWHH

(well that's what it looked like from my seat)

The phones must be red hot with potential advertisers.

"I think I might email the club and let them know as it might put off potential advertisers", just in case anyone thought I am being negative.

From a purely selfish point of view, I like the fact I don't need to check my phone for the time remaining in the half (I know it stopped working for a bit on Saturday but I'd assume these teething problems will be ironed out).

Does the board have the ability to show replays (if we ever score a goal)?