St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

Marwood was excellent on Sat playing wide right. But tonight he was played through the centre. McLean's best position I believe is just behind a centre forward where he can run and shoot and I think he is only a quarter the player when playing in front of a back four like he did tonight. I think TC made mistakes with the original formation and compounded that by not adjusting tactics and personnel when it was obvious we were being overrun. The players were woeful but TC made bad decisions all night. He got it right on Sat so I am just stunned he got it so badly wrong tonight.

He was booked after a challenge up near the new scoreboard surely. A massive sarcastic cheer went up from the home support.

It was the other guy with him that got booked

He should have been carded when he put a shocking tackle on Brown right in front of the tunnel.

McLean went off his head with that one and the Ref almost booked him

Needless to say if it was Goodwin,straight red

It was the other guy with him that got booked

He should have been carded when he put a shocking tackle on Brown right in front of the tunnel.

McLean went off his head with that one and the Ref almost booked him

Needless to say if it was Goodwin,straight red

My mistook then. I saw Neil react in a disappointed manner and assumed it was him who had been booked!

Hope. Less.

Plummer gets pass marks but the rest were dire.

Young boy Brown should have been hooked after 20 mins, could not believe he stayed on so long, poor management.

Very worried by Tommy Craig. Not a word of encouragement to the players from the sidelines. Literally silent all match even when players came over for drinks during breaks of play. WTF?

Terrible performance from top to bottom.

Going to be a very long season.

I think there will be more nights like this, it is going to be a tough few months, we have a young team who will take time to gel.

I am glad Danny Lennon went and I would like to see Tommy Craig be given a chance, they played very well against

motherwell on saturday.

Hoping you are enjoying the increased quality of the post match interviews.

Very disappointed with the performance, the difference from Fir Park was incredible.

Could go into detail, but it is late. Needless to say, concerned about the experience and squad depth. Goal threat looks non-existent, 2 games and we're the only team in the league to have failed to notch a goal and we didn't look likely tonight.

On the up side might worry Teale and Tommy enough to look at the issues.

Alex Neil had a great game for Accies. Bruising tackles, then had the brains to take himself off before another yellow might have come his way. Tactically he fcuked Tommy Craig over a barrel.

I certainly screamed for the referee to book him after his second or third tackle, but he ran the show and if that had been Jim Goodwin, we'd rightly have stood up and applauded him off the park.

Accies were more streetwise, better organised, more energetic, tougher in the tackle....

In fact they were better in every department. Full stop.

Couldn't agree more Poz, the problem is, we have said the same numerous time over the years when teams come to Paisley and bully, harass and outfight our team and emerge with 3 points and I'm sick of watching it - when will we toughen up? How many changes of manager does it take? Do we get Billy Abercromby or Shuggie Murray in every week to do the pre-match talk to explain to these guys what it should mean to wear a St Mirren jersey? I appreciate we had a young team out today (so did Hamilton) but we were overran/outfought/outplayed/outmuscled and pretty much pumped by a very average side. It was literally embarrassing to watch at times - no shape, no game plan, just a series of speculative diagonal balls out wide!!

The squad is absolutely threadbare and the BOD and Manager have to take the flak for that as I fear they have left us vastly under-equipped to handle the season. A couple of decent centre halves are a must as if Plummer gets injured we are well and truly f**ked.

The worrying thing for me is that with 20-25 mins to go we had abandoned all shape and the heart had been ripped out the tesm. We brought young Brown in and played him in 3 positions before being subbed. We had resigned ourselves to defeat by that time

To lose the match is acceptable but to lose heart and chuck it is unacceptable. Young players or not, they need to be told to lerp working as a team. Last night the players abandoned their shape out of desperation and we could have been hit for 5or 6. Hopefully the boys will learn from this. A team will always beat individuals

Still trying to get my head around that performance.

A defensive midfielder must be signed as we can not rely on Goodwin all season and last night shows how much we need somebody playing that role.

The team is full of kids with absolutely no leadership, Young Adam brown was like a lost puppy, didn't know what he was doing or where he was going, should of been hooked after the 1st 15 minutes, it might not of done his confidence any good but St.mirren and the 3 points is more important, poor management.

It looks like it's going to be another season we are going to be heavily relying on Thompson, who isn't getting any younger.

Thankfully I'm working the next few Saturdays.

Biggest worry for me is no goal threat , yet we are linked with signing a winger. a quality striker and a ball winning midfielder should be a priority.

We could have had a quality striker on the pitch and it would have made little difference. Quality of play wasn't there.

The team is full of kids with absolutely no leadership, Young Adam brown was like a lost puppy, didn't know what he was doing or where he was going, should of been hooked after the 1st 15 minutes, it might not of done his confidence any good but St.mirren and the 3 points is more important, poor management.

Bit harsh on Brown, who had arguably our best chance. Young player making his debut going through at least two positional changes in the first half.

Thought he showed some promising touches in the first and second but with all other experienced players failing around him, I find it difficult to level any criticism in his direction.

We miss the liability.

No question about that but I hope he has a good look at himself. The thread with 'Liability' was a bit of a misnomer. How many said 'Goody has to go'? Virtually none. Most would have Jim's name on the teamsheet first every week so we come back to why was it not on it last night. Was it an international conspiracy or was it Jim's own fault? The bulk of posters seemed to think he did deserve the two yellows last Saturday but we'll never get 100% to agree. We're St.Mirren supporters, we don't do complete agreement..I hope Jim is back firing on all cylinders immediately but could he for a start keep his elbows to himself?

Dire performance last night. I hope the previous game was not a blip and this is what we've to expect onward from here. I hope I'm wrong but there was no mcohesion from the outset. We gave up the midfield from kick off and our central defence stood off from the start. Cheesey had an absolute nightmare but we havee no alternative. (Due to plot or pennies I don't know).

This team needs a spine. Both figuratively and factually.

Up front we had nothing. No movement in the right direction when the ball was sent into the opposition penalty box.

A good description of our "tactics" last night might be the headless chicken 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation.

Edited by stlucifer

Awful performance, don't understand the thinking behind throwing in a young guy for his debut to replace the man who is the leader and protector on the pitch. We played well on saturday so why change the shape, Tesselar could have played the Goody role or even Plummer I bet. Brown getting alot of stick and he did struggle but he looks like a decent player some really good 1-2 passes and nearly scored with an a half volley in the first half.

As for Mclean getting stick from the crowd, anyone paying £20 to watch that performance has every right to moan when he launges a ball out of the park for the 4th time, could use his ego deflated a bit anyway. Too many hollywood passes and he always seems to make his mind up who he's passing too before he gets the ball and doesn't get his head up and look for someone open.

Plummer looks a class act, did lose the ball a couple of times in dangerous areas but got away with it.

Hamilton looked well drilled, first to every ball and had a solid gameplan.. everything that we didn't. Starting to think we just looked good on Saturday because Motherwell were so bad.

I keep reading about this great performance at motherwell...

we lost that fecking game!

a good performance is where you win the game!

how you win or lose games is irrelevant

all that matters is the result

it was a bad performance at Motherwell... We lost!

tommy Craig should never have got the job, the bod need to act quickly and decisively and get in someone who knows what they r doing

tommy Craig clearly doesnt