The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Ditto yourself.

Our last 3 matches were a draw at Pittodrie, a win at McDiarmid and a loss at home.

I'm happy with 4 points from those 3 games, they never came in the order I would have expected, but 4 points is an above expectation return IMO.

How many would points you have expected from those 3 games before the Aberdeen game kicked off?

How many points would you have expected us to have from our first 5 home games? Or do they not matter?

Forgetting all the points, the goals and what people expectations are... The worst thing for me is the lack of desire on Saturday, the players heads were down metaphorically and physically with 25 minutes to go. We looked a beaten team and I think we could have played another 30 mins and not scored.

Tommy Craig stood on the touchline with his hands in his pockets not saying a word, Goodwin who is supposed to be the assistant manager and was on the park wasn't able to motivate or organise the team.

Forgetting all the points, the goals and what people expectations are... The worst thing for me is the lack of desire on Saturday, the players heads were down metaphorically and physically with 25 minutes to go. We looked a beaten team and I think we could have played another 30 mins and not scored.

Tommy Craig stood on the touchline with his hands in his pockets not saying a word, Goodwin who is supposed to be the assistant manager and was on the park wasn't able to motivate or organise the team.

We are one of the SPL's smallest clubs and have cut our cloth accordingly so at the end of the season if we are sitting on 10th place with a higher goal average than 11th place I will be absolutely delighted.

With a club like Saints you have your success moments in-between all the shit seasons. Have watched Saints with crowds less than 1,000 you could say I and few others have been round the block a few times. History repeats it's self and as such our turn for falling through the trap door to the lower division is coming our way probably this season. Ms Fate plays her part. You can't struggle every season for the best part of a decade and expect to stay up. So expectations are as a realist.

My season ticket is near the dug out although I missed Saturday anytime there I can hear orders being shouted out.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

You've addressed a lot of problems, but you have no solution?

Most St Johnstone fans have been very critical of their signing of McFadden. I think we dodged a bullet there. Clarkson has got a couple of goals but Dundee fans have been critical of him too, and he was turned down by Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

You think Tommy has funds available that he isn't using? I doubt that very much.

Clarkson has scored more SPL goals than our 3 new strikers combined and has scored in each of his last 3 league games, and he has only started 2 games so far. Bet our fans wish we had a striker as bad as the Dundee fans reckon they have in Clarkson!

We are one of the SPL's smallest clubs and have cut our cloth accordingly so at the end of the season if we are sitting on 10th place with a higher goal average than 11th place I will be absolutely delighted.

With a club like Saints you have your success moments in-between all the shit seasons. Have watched Saints with crowds less than 1,000 you could say I and few others have been round the block a few times. History repeats it's self and as such our turn for falling through the trap door to the lower division is coming our way probably this season. Ms Fate plays her part. You can't struggle every season for the best part of a decade and expect to stay up. So expectations are as a realist.

My season ticket is near the dug out although I missed Saturday anytime there I can hear orders being shouted out.

Bet You that Your Concession Ticket aint Free - Unlike the 100's of Thousands who Travel all over the Planet for Free ? whistling.gif

Bet our fans wish we had a striker as bad as the Dundee fans reckon they have in Clarkson!

Bet our fans have no idea whether our strikers are good or bad. We don't get the ball forward quickly enough or put opponents under any sort of pressure by creating chances to see what they're like in the box? They could be feckin' deadly for all we know! Then again, ........................................

Bet our fans have no idea whether our strikers are good or bad. We don't get the ball forward quickly enough or put opponents under any sort of pressure by creating chances to see what they're like in the box? They could be feckin' deadly for all we know! Then again, ........................................

... although the percentage of shots we get on target is beginning to suggest our forwards probably aren't all that deadly - eg 2 shots on target on Saturday in 90 minutes at home where the final 40 minutes were against a side reduced to 10 men.

... although the percentage of shots we get on target is beginning to suggest our forwards probably aren't all that deadly - eg 2 shots on target on Saturday in 90 minutes at home where the final 40 minutes were against a side reduced to 10 men.

Who played a disciplined 2 banks of 4 while we had McLean playing ping pong with the central defenders before playing a 40 yard diagonal to anyone except Kelly who was always free on the left touchline. When did we give any striker a clear chance to have the luxury of a decent attempt?

By the way what's a shot??????

I had a rare oppertunity to see the Developement squad play and I was impressed with the way they played. There was a clearly discernible formation 4-2-3-1,

The full backs were continually looking to get forward when we had possession but tracked back at speed when we didn't. We were always looking to pass the ball forward and/or wide quickly and players were interchanging as necessary.

The 2 centre halves were constantly talking to each other and one allways attacked the ball and the other dropped in behind. The one at the back always talking and taking command.

Well done David Longwell.

Then watched the first team - Can't see any pattern. Bye Bye Tommy & Co.

Edited by Radar

I had a rare oppertunity to see the Developement squad play and I was impressed with the way they played. There was a clearly discernible formation 4-2-3-1,

The full backs were continually looking to get forward when we had possession but tracked back at speed when we didn't. We were always looking to pass the ball forward and/or wide quickly and players were interchanging as necessary.

The 2 centre halves were constantly talking to each other and one allways attacked the ball and the other dropped in behind. The one at the back always talking and taking command.

Well done David Longwell.

Then watched the first team - Can't see any pattern. Bye Bye Tommy & Co.

That's a bit unfair, we have an obvious pattern. Just watch any time McAusland has the ball, everyone else is afraid to move just in case they need to track back to save the situation or setup to defend the upcoming throw in. Then you have the left back tucking in to mark McAusland, that usually sees us very exposed when Wylde is playing and not tracking back. You potentially then have the left midfielder picking up the left back's man, a midfielder sliding left and finally Goodwin racing out to try making a tackle that if missed leaves the attacker one on one with a, by now, backing off McAusland.

That's a bit unfair, we have an obvious pattern. Just watch any time McAusland has the ball, everyone else is afraid to move just in case they need to track back to save the situation or setup to defend the upcoming throw in. Then you have the left back tucking in to mark McAusland, that usually sees us very exposed when Wylde is playing and not tracking back. You potentially then have the left midfielder picking up the left back's man, a midfielder sliding left and finally Goodwin racing out to try making a tackle that if missed leaves the attacker one on one with a, by now, backing off McAusland.

My apologies. I will watch closer next time, If I can see though my fingers.

Just a thought, if top cat is so good at stout defending of everything thrown at the team, Could he wear no 4 on Saturday?

He should be sacked if we lose to Ross County on Saturday, sick to death of the same excuses each day I read the PDE, his appointment as St Mirren manager is the worse decision since someone decided to give Jimmy Savile the keys to Broadmoor.

And what excuse do you have for reading the PDE then?whistling.gif

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/296794-county-clash-has-taken-on-extra-significance-says-tommy-craig/

"So once again, the perfomance is what I really want"

I'd rather we just focus on getting the 3 points thanks.

Shows you how clueless he is if he is more interested in a performance than then 3 points.

"If we can put in a performance which makes us look on top of the game for long spells and then win the game, it gives you extra confidence to know that you haven't just nicked the result."

Before adding: "You want to say you deserved the result.

"So once again, the performance is what I really want and hopefully we can pick up all three points."

For me, that is just the wrong attitude for a manager to have. If we were playing Celtic then I could understand but this is basically a 6 pointer, even though the season has a long way to go. We need 3 points, simple as that.. and I dont really care if we 'look on top of the game for long spells'. You wouldn't hear Jose Mourinho or Alex Ferguson say something like that, there's is a reason Tommy Craig hasn't managed until his 60s.

"If we can put in a performance which makes us look on top of the game for long spells and then win the game, it gives you extra confidence to know that you haven't just nicked the result."

Before adding: "You want to say you deserved the result.

"So once again, the performance is what I really want and hopefully we can pick up all three points."

For me, that is just the wrong attitude for a manager to have. If we were playing Celtic then I could understand but this is basically a 6 pointer, even though the season has a long way to go. We need 3 points, simple as that.. and I dont really care if we 'look on top of the game for long spells'. You wouldn't hear Jose Mourinho or Alex Ferguson say something like that, there's is a reason Tommy Craig hasn't managed until his 60s.

Agree 100 %

I want my team to win & play with a bit of style.......However , given the current dire situation we find ourselves in, i just want us to WIN. I dont give a f**k how at the moment , i`d rather win ugly than be plucky losers who played well. Anyone remember earlier in the season against `Well ?