St Mirren V Celtic 27/9/14

If we can keep it tight for the first two minutes we will be in with a shout. Seriously though, just watched TCs pre match interview on you tube and thankfully he is not talking down our chances for the game, something DL did just about every time we played celtic which must have transmitted to the players even before a ball was kicked. Everyone knows we are playing the best team in the country but they can be beaten. Please let it be tomorrow. I just home we don't stand and admire them, we need to let them know they have been in a game, get them rattled and we might just start to bury some of the chances we have been creating.

If we can keep it tight for the first two minutes we will be in with a shout. Seriously though, just watched TCs pre match interview on you tube and thankfully he is not talking down our chances for the game, something DL did just about every time we played celtic which must have transmitted to the players even before a ball was kicked. Everyone knows we are playing the best team in the country but they can be beaten. Please let it be tomorrow. I just home we don't stand and admire them, we need to let them know they have been in a game, get them rattled and we might just start to bury some of the chances we have been creating.

If we can keep it tight for the first 93 minutes. .. ... we will still lose to a 94th minute mistake or failing that a 95th minute penalty!

Sadly, I think we may finish Saturday with a worse goal difference than Ross County. With a bug having gone round the team, 6 players getting knocks during the cup game I think we are looking like going into the game on a bad run of form and with a lot of players not 100% fit and without Plummer and Thomson our best defender and main goal threat. I don't see us outsmarting Celtic tactically or outfighting them and can't see us keeping a clean sheet or nicking a goal ruthlessly against the run of play.

When we beat Celtic in the semi-final we had Isma and Thommo upfront, and a cracking midfield who were a handful for any opposition on their day - McGowan, Teale, McGinn, and Newton, and Samson, a keeper who regularly featured in Scotland squads. You felt that if our key players were at the top of their game and Celtic were off form that we could sneak it as we were a decent footballing team and Celtic were frail defensively. More than half of our team and most of our best players from that historic victory are either out injured or no longer with us.

this is a bloody happy thread, Christ there seems to be no point in saints turning up.

whatever the score is all we can ask is that the 11 who start give it a shot and fight for everything

We'll turn up and we'll win.

I can just feel it.

And we'll beat Aberdeen on Tuesday tae.

COME ON YOU SAINTS !!!

post-1795-0-96526200-1411801198.gif post-1795-0-96526200-1411801198.gif post-1795-0-96526200-1411801198.gif

Hate to admit this but it's the first time I won't have watched us live when I have the chance. Maybe that will bring us a bit of luck. Just an aside but I can't abide the sky commentator for Scottish football. His clear bias towards Celtic is nauseating so maybe it's no bad thing that I won't be watching because he spoils every game that Celtic are involved in with his impartial commentating