Thomas Reilly

Kemp. Well it seems McGowan wanted to stay but our utterly absolutely clueless manager wanted him out the door.Moreover Harkins was star man at Fir Park. Yes we can all have our opinions of players but most of Tommy's signings have been poor to say the least.Sorry Tommy please leave now.

I seriously doubt McGowan departure was down to Craig

I thought Reilly done well on Saturday. Passed the ball about well, wasn't afraid to get stuck in and certainly didn't hide. Made a few mistakes yes, but who didn't?

Fair enough that's your opinion but I honestly thought Reilly was awful. This doesn't just stem from Saturday's performance alone, this is in all the games I've seen him play. He will never do it at this level, he's simply not good enough.

So is Reily the new Cheesey then?

Nope, Reilly is getting a run of games in his first, so far, injury free season with the first team. His form has been patchy but is improving and showing some signs of the potential he has bearing fruit. Cheesy on the other hand is in his 5th season as a first team regular and still gifting a goal every second game on average and is looking like the difference between mid-table mediocrity and being part of the relegation scrap as usual.

As I've said elsewhere our main fault in the summers transfer window was not getting an experienced & reliable defensive midfielder - why gripe at a young inexperienced player being played out of position?

My gripe is with the management team who have decided to move on good experienced SPL class players and replace with them young guys who are out of position and completely lost at times.

At the fan night, Gilmour said the budget is down one player slot. So, let's say we take Guy out the equation. Does that mean it's like for like...is Marwood or Ball on the same as McGowan or Harkins? Where has Mair's wage gone...even 75% of it, the amount offered to him. Did Danny's 100K get split between TC, Goodwin and Teale? Is Caldwell on Djemba's wage? We've also brought kids up like Brown, Declan wassisname and Yaqub. I'm assuming Tess is on decent money, but then nobody is on gardening leave and I suppose we did "agree terms" with Harkins (no wonder he's happy, free cash and a new deal).

My gripe is with the management team who have decided to move on good experienced very costly SPL class players and replace with them young guys who are out of position and completely lost at times.

I believe the phrase I added had some bearing on those particular decisions.

I can't believe folk are on here questioning McGowan's departure when, not so long ago, many were agreeing it was in the best interest of the club and the player to ditch him.

As for Harkins. I was one of the few who felt he could be utilised in our team. So many were tarring him as a lazy, useless waste of a wage packet.

I must admit I thought, on the face of it, wrongly as it turned out, we had the makings of a reasonable squad of players with only the CH position questionable. I wasn't alone in that assumption.

We were on the cusp of a good run prior to the international break. It's likely that our young players will be inconsistent, including young Reilly, so pehaps a good idea would be to think the best and hope for an upturn in performance next Saturday.