Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

If I need to explain to anyone where Paisley is, I tell them that Glasgow is just outside Paisley, not that Paisley is just outside Glasgow. You should always describe location relative to the more (or most) important place.

You would be telling them where Glasgow is, but you'll still have to explain where Paisley is. Over to you.

The largest town, by piopulation, is still Paisley,.... JUST.

In fact it's the 5th biggest locale in Scotland by the latest estimates availlable.

Even more surprising to me is that Hamilton are around the eigth.

1 Glasgow 591,620 City Glasgow City

2 Edinburgh 464,990 City City of Edinburgh

3 Aberdeen 196,670 City Aberdeen City

4 Dundee 147,710 City Dundee City

5 Paisley 76,220 Town] Renfrewshire

6 East Kilbride 74,740 Town South Lanarkshire

I'll retract my quote for next year! Lol!

If I need to explain to anyone where Paisley is, I tell them that Glasgow is just outside Paisley, not that Paisley is just outside Glasgow. You should always describe location relative to the more (or most) important place.

If I need to explain to anyone where Paisley is, then I don't. I've no time to waste on ignorant cnuts. thumbup2.gif

No I wouldn't. Whether they understand my description is no skin off my nose. If they asked me for directions to Glasgow, from Edinburgh for example, I would tell them to head for Paisley and turn off the M8 about eight miles before you get there and "your exit might be signposted".

I hate weegie cnuts. They think that it's a personal achievement that they're from Scotland's largest city - it's f**kin not. It's like all they tall gits that boast, with chin up, shoulders back and chest puffed out, when they tell you their height - as if they have had any real say in the matter. f**kin knobs.

Suffering from small man syndrome? ????

We are beginning to look like the wee semi down the street , that was a nice wee place , but was overpriced when it went on the market , consequently it has stuck on the market too long , potential buyers think there is something wrong , and its now Sarah Beeny time , which means tidying up all the bits that are letting it down , and the putting it back on the market at a realistic price.

We are beginning to look like the wee semi down the street , that was a nice wee place , but was overpriced when it went on the market , consequently it has stuck on the market too long , potential buyers think there is something wrong , and its now Sarah Beeny time , which means tidying up all the bits that are letting it down , and the putting it back on the market at a realistic price.

I had to google that to see who the hell she was.

It's a sad day when you can't even go to the cinema for entertainment!fish.gifbangin.gif

Edited by stlucifer

Spend a little and we might reach our potential or it may go under the hammer.

That's nonsense I'm sorry to say. Financial climate is such that no bank or financial institution is going to give out a loan to take over a football club. You have to have money available which limits potential people. I can see a consortium where the cost is shared. Such as the rumour of the ones wanting to show case talent. Personally I'm not sure I like that. Who wants to buy into Scottish football has to be asked when crowds are down , no sponsorship. Sky are now showing Dutch football which means they will not pay big bucks for Scottish football.

Increasingly think the BOD have no intention of selling up.

Why should they? We can't cut back or reduce operating costs further as they don't invest money in anything anymore.

Everything will remain the same in Championship next year. Similar crowds, parachute payment, they still have the same comfy seats in boardroom.

What's the problem?

Lets be honest who would invest in football , what you mean is throwing money at the wind ?

Crowds have been falling the board have to balance the books with a falling income.

no point investing football as such,but investment in income streams that will support the football side and reduce the burden on the fan is a much. i am sure we are all quite prepared to keep spending what we do just now, but really, we could get more for the money and that can only be done if other income strams can be developed.

problem is, this board (understandably) wont borrow to finance development and don't have the cash themselves to invest and who knows what any prospective buyer will want to do. we are in a bit of Purdah

There's an Argentinian group looking to buy Motherwell. Apparently they have told John Boyle if he doesn't sell up in the next few weeks then they'll turn their attention to us. No idea how much truth there is in it - could just be them playing hard ball.

Here's a story about them from the other week: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2829367/Nolberto-Solano-line-Motherwell-job-consortium-takes-control-Scottish-club.html

The Sun reporting this today so seems there is an element of truth in it.

Oh good, foreign ownership always goes well in Scottish football.

Argentinian owners will have a real affinity with the club and it's history.

You really need to question their motivation. Why Scottish football?

Let's hope if they do make a bid, SGG knocks it out of court. Don't want any non St Mirren fans running our club.

Allegedly the Argentine consortium want a British Club to showcase South American talent to sell them on. English Clubs are too expensive and they can pick up an SPL Club for 2million. A few Latins in our team would be interesting but a risky road to go down.

Allegedly the Argentine consortium want a British Club to showcase South American talent to sell them on. English Clubs are too expensive and they can pick up an SPL Club for 2million. A few Latins in our team would be interesting but a risky road to go down.

Well any Argentine national would need a work permit.

Sounds a bit Claude Anelka like to me, no thanks!

Sounds dodgy as f**k to me.

The only tiny positive is the prospect of maybe seeing a decent talent in the stripes, but that is literally the only upside.

However, fundamentally, being exposed to, and run by, such a mercenary business model, will only lead to tears. We'll also become embroiled in complicated player-ownership models (think Tevez/Mascherano).

Also, what happens if Paisley produces the next Kenny Dalglish and we get him on a five-year deal and he's worth £5m? The money will head out of Scotland, the same as any other transfer fees.

I'm not having this: get them to f**k.

PM received the jist of is.....

New Buyers in talks.... Stop

Negotiations at critical stage.... Stop

Consortium of international business people.... Stop

Group includes Malaysian, African, Afro Caribbean and Argentine investors..... Stop

Looking for Uk businessman to represent their interests.... Stop

TC asked to deploy his skill set and recommend suitable person to liaise on their behalf.... Stop

Jeremy Clarkson seen enjoying luncheon at Ralston on Friday.... Shut Up!

In the immortal words of Blackadder....-ish

Lord Pityme, please please please........Stop.