Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

We will not go bust as long as Gilmour & Co stay in charge.

They love our Club and will not damage it.

i am fully aware that they love our club, but their aim is to sell the controlling shares, they are not showing any signs of backing down from this, and earlier this month at the AGM stated they want their shares sold, they want out and are not finding any saints fans with a viable plan who can buy them out, they will sell to whoever can give them a good plan for the future of our club,we can rest assured they will sell only to buyers who they see as being good for the club, that will mean people who are free to invest as they see fit, i've suggested earlier that any new buyers could be asked to set aside a bond to show they have good intentions and wont just walk off leaving us in debt if they fail in their plans, sign them up to a commitment that would see us with some cash to start afresh if they pull out, i'm sure the consortium will be looking along the lines of this kind of commitment

As I've said before ......

The Board need to call an E.G.M.

Then resign.

Four new shareholders or other Saints Fans voted onto new Board.

A couple of the outgoing Board can mentor the new Board for a length of time to make changeover go sweetly.

Mr Gilmour and the other three can then sell their shares individually to any other shareholders or Saints fans.

ANY CONTROL OF ST MIRREN FROM PERSONS NOT ST MIRREN SUPPORTERS WILL PROBABLY LEAD TO THE DEATH OF OUR CLUB.

you know when someone's point is pish when they start using capital letters :P

The bod are in utter desperation imo

they recently thought they had a deal and its obviously fallen through

and they now own more than 52% in the process

i don't think they know what they are doing

lol.gif:

HOW ?

Until we (the supporters) know what the intentions/plans are from the Argentinian chaps then everyone will have their opinion.

If someone or a consortium makes an approach to buy the club then I'm all for listening to what they have to offer. To me SG and co have done a tremendous job and deserve a lot of credit. We all make mistakes in life and Tommy Craig was one of theirs (Hindsight and wonderful thing spring to mind) the club needs investment from somewhere, falling attendances of late don't help, but under recent circumstances (poor performances) that is understandable. If the potential buyers are willing to invest in the team then I'm all for it. Too much doom and gloom and negativity on here at the moment.

TC gone, potential new buyers, we should be a bit more optimistic.

But that's just my opinion.

Anyone who purchases the club who is not from a St.Mirren supporting background will be doing it to try and make a return on their investment.

How anyone could squeeze a return out of St.Mirren in the current climate is difficult to imagine.

It's also difficult to imagine how any such buyer will pass the stringent criteria the selling consortium appear to be applying.

The right people to own St.Mirren FC are the St.Mirren Supporters. End of.

Anyone who purchases the club who is not from a St.Mirren supporting background will be doing it to try and make a return on their investment.

How anyone could squeeze a return out of St.Mirren in the current climate is difficult to imagine.

It's also difficult to imagine how any such buyer will pass the stringent criteria the selling consortium appear to be applying.

Though I agree with what you say Div the bottom line is, there aren't fans out there with that kind of cash.

10.000 Hours (and I was one that signed up for it) tried and failed.

My only doubt with 10.000 was how many fans would have maintained their monthly payments when the team were not performing (like now) if supporters choose to boycott games in protest, then the chances are they would cancel their direct debit, also out of protest.

Look at Celtic prior to Fergus McCann. He was/is a business man and he took Celtic back to the top, made his money and walked off into the sunset. Now, I'm not saying any new investors will turn us in to potential league winners but we need that cash boost to improve the team, get the crowds back, winning games more often than we lose. Maybe after 5 years of progress then they may sell to the supporters, who are more likely to sign up to a winning team, than a losing team. I agree, the fans would be my preferred owners, but meantime I think we need funding from an outside source.

There is some potential for modest profits in the short term with maybe better returns in the future. It would need good business acumen for the former and patience in the case of the latter.

Utilising the fan base and facilities while using Saints as a breeding ground for young talent ensuring you have the opportunity to sell them on rather than losing them for nothing is the ONLY way to maximise profits. Whether there are indeed entrepreneurs out there willing to take that chance and whether the asking price would be prohibitive is another matter as it's still fraught with the danger of failure, but it is possible. Long term? Who knows what will happen to Scottish football in the course of time? It may have a resurgence. It's happened before.

There is some potential for modest profits in the short term with maybe better returns in the future. It would need good business acumen for the former and patience in the case of the latter.

Utilising the fan base and facilities while using Saints as a breeding ground for young talent ensuring you have the opportunity to sell them on rather than losing them for nothing is the ONLY way to maximise profits. Whether there are indeed entrepreneurs out there willing to take that chance and whether the asking price would be prohibitive is another matter as it's still fraught with the danger of failure, but it is possible. Long term? Who knows what will happen to Scottish football in the course of time? It may have a resurgence. It's happened before.

In normal circumstances

In order for any additional profits that could be made form stadium activity to be passed out of the company to new controlling owners the stadium would need to be hived off into a different company.

To do this you need 75% of the shares.

(another way would be to pay a dividend on the ordinary shares, but this would go to 100% of the shareholders)

The reason why the legal advice 10000hours got at the time said we should not do an "ann budge" e.g one person buys it and then sells it slowly to the fans, was that only 51% of the shares were available, at the time this was not likely to change due, however the parties controlling 75% have, it would appear, all kissed and made up so 75% is now possible as what is called a Drag Along Tag Along deal.

IMHO it is and always has been the ability to get 75% of the shares that will be the key to a sale happening

The model of showcasing South American footballers wanting to play in Europe is a good one , how viable the bid in depends on who the consortium are , and also their ability and contacts to get good players in cheaply and to sell players on at a good price.

All of a sudden our sale has went very public , and maybe the sellers feel there are two interested parties and are trying to aggressively progress things.

Hopefully a deal going through means some fresh faces coming in during the transfer window

In normal circumstances

In order for any additional profits that could be made form stadium activity to be passed out of the company to new controlling owners the stadium would need to be hived off into a different company.

To do this you need 75% of the shares.

(another way would be to pay a dividend on the ordinary shares, but this would go to 100% of the shareholders)

The reason why the legal advice 10000hours got at the time said we should not do an "ann budge" e.g one person buys it and then sells it slowly to the fans, was that only 51% of the shares were available, at the time this was not likely to change due, however the parties controlling 75% have, it would appear, all kissed and made up so 75% is now possible as what is called a Drag Along Tag Along deal.

IMHO it is and always has been the ability to get 75% of the shares that will be the key to a sale happening

I think the 'consortium' have realised this and have been buying up more shares - this is certainly what we are hearing anecdotally. There was some suggestion that they were effectively doing this on behalf of prospective buyers, which seems a bit underhand if true.

What has been lacking in this whole saga has been a reasonable degree of transparency. Now, I'm not a shareholder so can't claim to have any entitlement to know what is going on, but if I did own shares, I would be seeking a bit of clarity in terms of the intentions of the BoD.

In an ideal world, we could arrange a fan purchase via an upfront 'loan' from a philanthropic figure such as is happening at Motherwell. This would be a vastly superior option to selling to a relatively unknown foreign consortium.

As Andy says, however, I don't think the current incumbents know what they are doing.

Edited by Drew

We will not go bust as long as Gilmour & Co stay in charge.

They love our Club and will not damage it.

Im not so sure you can confidently make that statement Shull. No one would argue over your later point but over time, if there is not new investment, we would go bust unless we drasticaly down size our operation. The current board cannot be expected to fund it via their own pockets and as it stands we are struggling to stand still financially. Yes we all want the club to survive but at what cost. Part-time football (and dont give us your usual line on that) in the lower leagues would become the norm with an ever dwindling fan base. It's safe to say the vast majority of the "hard core" who post on here feel the same way i.e. we want the club to survive at any cost however we are only a fraction of our support and it's safe to say a fair chunk of the rest are very much "fair weather" who would not watch that standard of football on a regular basis.

The selling consortium have been buying up shares, presumably to meet the 75% target. Not sure whether they have got there or not but I can't imagine it would be difficult to deal with the likes of Gordon Scott or Ken McGeoch despite any previous disagreements they might have had.

These guys were sitting on a lot of shares that would effectively have been made worthless on the sale of the 52% so getting some return for those would obviously be attractive to them.

Hopefully good for us fans , getting the opportunity to watch better players , good for the long term future of the club , as it should increase crowds .

Or we could just accept signings such as Marwood and Ball to what we deserve.

Or we could have fan ownership like Stirling Albion , and then we,ll really be able to put a quality product on the park.

Presently, what is the approximate price of one St Mirren share?

Whatever someone is willing to pay for it is the long and short of it.

The selling consortium seem to be looking for around £1.5m for the club, which was originally for just under 100,000 shares if I remember correctly. That would put a notional value of £15 a share but it doesn't really mean an awful lot.