Inverness Caledonian Thistle V St Mirren Tues 2Nd Dec 2014

skodasaint

That's it. I've had it.

Season ticket or not, I am now finding it extremely difficult to even contemplate going on Saturday. I've followed my beloved club through thick and thin, home and away for well over three decades but I have NEVER felt as disillusioned with or disassociated from the club as I do now.

It is rotten from top to bottom and I see no attempt to fix it.

My 11 year old son officially now "can't be bothered" and the mere suggestion of a Saints top for Xmas was met with a snort of derision.

That hurts. Big style.

.http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/79465000/jpg/_79465653_10449386.jpg

St Mirren were hampered by a lack of confidence in their comprehensive 4-0 Scottish Cup replay defeat at Inverness, says manager Tommy Craig.

The Buddies boss told BBC Scotland: "We looked totally bereft of confidence from the very first goal.

"Once that went in you could see our confidence draining. Under current circumstances you can understand why.

"On the night we were beaten by a much better team. We can't afford to give a goal away, let alone four."

Following the 1-1 draw between the teams in Paisley on Saturday, St Mirren headed north for the replay hoping to secure a fifth-round tie against Partick Thistle,

That would have been a welcome reprieve from the pressure of fighting for their Scottish Premiership place.

St Mirren manager Tommy Craig
"When you play with that lack of confidence it only leads to trouble."

However, Inverness goalkeeper Dean Brill was a spectator for much of the match as his team-mates scored two first-half goals through Gary Warren and Greg Tansey, the latter from the spot, and Danny Williams and Graeme Shinnie made it 4-0 by full time.

"When you play with that lack of confidence it only leads to trouble," added Craig.

"What highlighted our lack of confidence was their refreshing look of confidence. They are joint [scottish Premiership]leaders with Celtic and you can see exactly why. They are a really good team.

"Hopefully we can get ourselves back on track on Saturday. We've got St Johnstone at home and we'll need to put up a much better performance than we did tonight." bye1.gif

Edited by linwood buddie

That's it. I've had it.

Season ticket or not, I am now finding it extremely difficult to even contemplate going on Saturday. I've followed my beloved club through thick and thin, home and away for well over three decades but I have NEVER felt as disillusioned with or disassociated from the club as I do now.

It is rotten from top to bottom and I see no attempt to fix it.

My 11 year old son officially now "can't be bothered" and the mere suggestion of a Saints top for Xmas was met with a snort of derision.

That hurts. Big style.

Im with you there Herbie.

Tommy Craig is just making a tit of himself, he is just a blithering idiot.

Two questions:

1: Are we stuck with him because we can't afford to sack him?

2: Are the BOD waiting until the club is sold to let the new owners make the decision?

Either way it appears we cannot get rid of Tommy Craig.

Amazing how TC with his vast experience and superior knowledge of the game can be out thought so easily by Yogi Hughes.

He said at the AGM that we just cannot compete in the transfer market against many clubs. Must include Accies and ICT in that list.

Jings. Times are tough.

Competing isn't just financial, it's also a case of who you're going to work for.

Slash. If I remember correctly at the AGM he used the phrase "we are where we are" when questioned as to why deals did not happen. What that was meant to imply I don't know. Quite frankly the whole question/answer part of the meeting was embarrassing not helped by the chairman constantly interrupting proceedings.

Worst still. We were beaten by a team managed by a guy who doesn't have a clue.

"If Tommy keeps all his players fit, he is the man to keep them in the SPL," Hughes told BBC Scotland.

He did also say "players like Thommo, Osbourne, errrrmm, errrr, McGinn". So, we've an injury list of six players who are so impressive that an opposing manager hits a mental block after naming just two.

Tommy Craig is just making a tit of himself, he is just a blithering idiot.

Two questions:

1: Are we stuck with him because we can't afford to sack him?

2: Are the BOD waiting until the club is sold to let the new owners make the decision?

Either way it appears we cannot get rid of Tommy Craig.

We could probably afford to sack him.

However, a more pertinent question might well be, could we afford a new manager from out with the club,plus their assistant?

If not, we could be left with Teale and Goodwin, with maybe Sir Thommo taking on a role.

Not really a combination that I'd be happy with, as we really, really need a fresh face as manager IMO.