Partick Thistle V St Mirren. Spfl Premiership 30.1.15

shull

very well said.

Guy next to me was giving McGinn pelters throughout the match.

Not one thing came off for the lad.

Simple things were made to look difficult...

But he never hid, never shirked a tackle, never stopped trying and never stopped looking for the ball.

He had a howler, but I'd take McGinn in his worst form in a starting jersey over a myriad of recent year posing imposters!!!

Let's support him through this!

Remember when McLean's form dipped? The abuse he took!

People questioning his effort!

This will happen with young players and this is truly where we, as SUPPORTERS can really make a difference.

Great post. McGinn will come through this patch of poor form, just like McLean did. He's too good not to.

Let's hope the booboys keep their frustrations to themselves in the meantime.

Tremendous backs to the wall performance. Was like a black and white wall on the edge of the box at times. Goody and cheesy returning everything from whence it came.

They were in their element with no space in behind them and not being asked to play out the ball.

However...we cannot play like that every week, and it's when we push up the field and attack they struggle.

Ridgers was terrible tonight. Goody and cheesy were just that good. Judging by Longwell's reaction to 1 particular flap at a cross I wouldn't be surprised if Kello returned.

McGinn needs a wee spell on the bench just to rediscover his form. I doubt we have the squad to do that though.

Ridgers has had a clean sheet, Kello hasn't and he's had also a couple of dodgy games.

One final thing.

How on earth do thistle get away with the facilities in the old ramshackle main stand ?

One tiny gents loo in the west side of the stand which is capable of taking about five people at a time must contravene some H & S laws surely ?

& for those wanting a bite to eat ....... have you got a spare 30 mins to queue ?

Ridgers has had a clean sheet, Kello hasn't and he's had also a couple of dodgy games.

Our policy is to give youth a chance where possible.

Ridgers is as good as Kello and he fits right in with our policy, why would you keep a young keeper who is trying to prove himself and is improving with every game out the team for someone that isn't any better! Kello had a few howlers that resulted in him getting dropped.

Apologies Bud. I'll change "nerves been shredded" to "my sphincter was going like a machine gun". Not used to a Saints clean sheet, so was waiting for the inevitable equaliser from Thistle. Goodwin and Cheesy saw it differently though.

Only joking BB... I was actually shaking with nerves the last 15 minutes....desperate for the final whistle, then four extra minutes ohmy.png

Hard to believe it is 31 games since our last clean sheet. Even more amazed that the figure has not been trotted out on a weekly basis by the doomsday soothsayers on this forum.

Enough negativity though. Great defensive team performance tonight. Not a player was lacking defensively and the effort was there to see all over the park.

Not a classic performance but 3 very valuable points which will hopefully bolster confidence particularly in the defence. The back 4 in particular were immense, with Cheesy and Goodwin being the stand out players.

Thommo's takle on our right wing in the first half epitomised the team spirt and fantastic to have him back.

McGinn had another off par game but the guy never hid for a second, constantly wanting on the ball.

Hopefully we can all get behind the team in the same way next game and get our first home win this season.

Oh and the best bit from a crowd perspective...COYS when...defending...the corner right at the end of the match, that is how to back the team!

ETA

and I forgot to mention McLean's forward runs. It will be amazing to have McGinn back on top form with McLean at his best also.

Edited by Bart Simpson

I had to work and so missed out on what would have been only my 4th viewing of a Saints match this season. I managed however to check my twitter feed a few times, the first time just after daytons' goal, so it was a long nervy wait... then a huge cheer of relief.

I'll take winning ugly any day of the week.

Oh when the saints go marching in...

clap.gif

why ridgers annoys most to me is unusual, he was fantastic today as was cheesy, and Thompson was fitter than i thought he would have been was great spectacle to watch and if we play the same and win this season i'll tak it

was great there and respect to the fellow buddies who made it :D

The pitch looked awful on the telly. Don't know if Teale had instructed the guys at the back not to try anything too fancy and just clear the ball. Don't think it helped the boys in the middle either as the ball was bobbling about when played on the ground.

Think that was our worst footballing performance of the season.

BUT... team spirit, hard work, a good defensive display, a bit of luck (or at least no bad luck), and a ref not getting involved in any meaningful way - and it's a win and a clean sheet.

We played far better against Dundee and Well, but got nothing out of those games.

Football eh!

What are the chances our next game will see the first home win too!