Transfer News

Interesting news regarding Marwood - freeing up a bit more budget to bring in replacements

COYS

There is lots of football to be played and plenty more twists and turns left in this season but I like how Saints are going about their business during the transfer window!

A win combined with a clean sheet on Wednesday and we will be flying!

@saintmirrenfc: It is has been agreed today that James Marwood's contract has been cancelled by mutual consent to allow him to continue his career elsewhere

Delighted with that! Complete waste of a wage. I was actually quite excited when we signed him, thought Tommy might have found a gem.

I think James will find himself back in non-league football, where he belongs.

JJ makes a good point in the fact that we will no doubt lose Kenny McLean so Stephan would of been a good replacement...yes?

maybe a mibbies aye mibbies naw

As Stephen has got older he has become a defensive midfielder, he wouldn't be replacing McLean. We already have Osborne, Goodwin, Mallan and possibly John McGinn who can cover in that position so would be daft to spend on his wage albeit he's a decent player who would add depth to the squad but we need strikers and a centre half before anything else!

Interesting news regarding Marwood - freeing up a bit more budget to bring in replacements

COYS

There is lots of football to be played and plenty more twists and turns left in this season but I like how Saints are going about their business during the transfer window!

A win combined with a clean sheet on Wednesday and we will be flying!

sadly, when it comes to cancelling contracts, it is never at no cost to the club. we will have paid up at least half of what marwood would be due between now and the summer to offload him

it will take 2 or 3 leaving to free up one new wage

Think you will see one signing max maybe another loan. The problem is we have had to pay off a few out the five that have gone. All clubs have to do this with pish players. It's the chance you take my mate works with a lot of Killie fans. They told him they have to do this all the time. Hopefully I'm wrong and we bring in a midfielder, Centre Half and a striker time will tell.

Think you will see one signing max maybe another loan. The problem is we have had to pay off a few out the five that have gone. All clubs have to do this with pish players. It's the chance you take my mate works with a lot of Killie fans. They told him they have to do this all the time. Hopefully I'm wrong and we bring in a midfielder, Centre Half and a striker time will tell.

Always got to laugh at posters who feel the need to re-join blackandwhitearmy just so they can tell us they know something. Just be yourself no one will point and laugh unless your faraway of course smile.png

From Twitter:

Graeme Macpherson@Graeme_Macphers 7m7 minutes ago

Gary Teale resigned to bringing in 1 more player at most for St Mirren before window closes.

Was going to say that's unbelievable but it's entirely believable with our clusterf**k of a season.

FFS at this rate we would struggle to put out a full team for the Tennants Sixes.

Are the Board trying to run the f**king club into the ground?

Yet another window where we lose more than we sign.

Here is the quote from Teale about signings: "You're restricted in terms of what you can do financially, ideally you'd obviously like to bring in a few players, but realistically we'll probably only be able to bring in one. I'll have to do as much homework as I can and try to do as much due diligence on the players that I've looked at and hopefully make the right addition to try and boost what I've already got here."

Absolutely ridiculous. I'd love to see the first team wage budget compared from all our years in the top flight as it seems to get smaller each season when it should surely go the other way. Yes, there has been the problems with Setanta and Rangers but that has surely been balanced by cup runs, moving ground and clearing the debt. I'd fancy the team that won the first division to beat most of the sides we've had in the SPL/Premiership.

For all the deserved criticism Craig gets for his signing policy it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the guys he brought in were the best we could afford in that particular area - aside from Clarkson.

Edited by Stu

I'm sure that will help their cause to sell it.

That's the bit I don't get bud, if they brought in a few bodies on deals till the end of the season and they keep us up, it protects their investment yet instead they keep cutting the wage bill for an already struggling team.

These are successful businessmen, so there must be a plan, yet for the life of me I can't see it. Once the window closes, anyone buying us would be taking a huge gamble that we would stay up as they would be out of options to change things around....................Strange Days.