Ross Caldwell

Maybe he has another club lined up to sign him tomorrow if he was released today. The point being no-one on here knows but its nice to criticise anyway smile.png

He's been linked with Morton and Dunfermline already, so maybe there was interest there and there HAS been a mutual termination as he wasn't guaranteed even a place on the bench.

I still think its harsh on the lad to say he wasn't good enough, as he only had 2 starts all season, with pressure on him to make an immediate impact from the bench. However, not making even the bench possibly suggests that there was more to it, possibly attitude, if the boy McLear was picked in front of him.

how do we know the contract was paid up? I know it's a natural assumption but maybe the boy has a bit of professional pride and decided to mutually terminate the contract for the good of his career. None of us are privy to these conversations so we don't know what they cost the club.

yes, he seems like a sterling chap who would forego a salary in order to better himself and the club

Guess that's why it says on official site that he has terminated his contract with us by mutual consent. So can't imagine his remaining contract was paid up, just wanted to play I guess. Good for both parties

Similar to how we acquired Gregg Wylde. We were looking at a loan deal originally and Aberdeen made him available for free when we showed interest.

Guess that's why it says on official site that he has terminated his contract with us by mutual consent. So can't imagine his remaining contract was paid up, just wanted to play I guess. Good for both parties

Can't imagine he'd be happy moving to Morton for less money, we'll be subsidising his wage until the

end of the season..

Our BOD are preparing for life and a long haul in the championship,they w already resigned themselves to the fact.

Next manager will be Teale with lower league players coming in on smaller wages.

Watch this space

I hope you are wrong about Teale being the next manager, but fear you are correct. Teale as Assistant Manager I would say is needed

If true, the BoD are misleading every fan and need to go!

I agree with you this shambolic BoD should go, but do whom do you replace them with.

I hope you are wrong about Teale being the next manager, but fear you are correct. Teale as Assistant Manager I would say is needed

I agree with you this shambolic BoD should go, but do whom do you replace them with.

We don't replace them with anyone, they own the club.

No we're not. Contract terminated so he's agreed to walk away.

Any source for this?

There is no way he will have put himself out of pocket, he probably knows himself he will struggle to get full time football from now on. I would imagine Morton have taken a % of the wage and we need to cover the rest.

Getting a bit sick of this happening, we keep paying off players and then bringing in even worse ones! And then paying them off as well....and so on...

Edited by Kemp