Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Billy, from the way i read the recent events, the board played graeme macpherson like a harp by feeding him that story.

The english bid served a couple of key purposes for Douglas St

• they had a weak spot that enabled douglas street to keep them warm-without any intention to ever take their bid
  • this left them with a live bid that they could use to keep the valuation of their holding up in negotiations with others
  • they were then able to use them as a smokescreen if a more dubious bid arose (one which matched their valuation, which was their only real concern) as a way of creating a monster that hadto be slain
They are hoping we all just give them an easy ride as they tie up the loose ends and any EGM will be a cakewalk. "we saw off the worst case scenario and left you with only the second worst"

I wonder how amenable SG would now be to an emotive speech from someone seeking to head off this bid? But he leads a group with 75% in the bag and does not have to listen to anyone he doesnt want to, does he?

my view is that we will likely see short, maybe medium term success here and that the new owners will all have a healthy take from player sales. As long as they invest in local talent and improving the SMFC infrastructure i have no problem with that. We may see a whole new generation of saints fans on the back it all with an effect that will last for decades. the new owners could then sell up after a few years with a stellar approval rating a la McCann.

alternatively, they might choose to offset their debt to the club, invest only in what benefits them as individuals and leave us vulnerable to an insolvency event in 2-3 years time

there may be other scenarios as to how this all plays out, but i dont have the imagination to dream them all up.

i would echo any suggestion that we invest in SMISA with the intention of building up a fan-controlled fund for possible future emergency use. Just in case it comes in handy. i would also encourage SMISA to never again give any kind of loan or development payment to the club. The money SMISA have given to date has been spent making Douglas Street's holding more attractive for sale, hindsight is a great thing but maybe they would have been better holding on to some of that . These new guys need to show they can stand on their own feet and there may well be a better and higher purpose SMISA's money.

Great post.

A very sad day for St Mirren Supporters.

aye for old fuddy duddies who want to see cudgers, auld laced up boots still in use, toilets open to the elements,ballboys getting paid half a pie,happiness at winning a cup every 25 years,a BOD who lost their faith, and weans who count planes and dont watch the match. Not a sad day for this st mirren supporter, it's exactly what we needed in fact.

aye for old fuddy duddies who want to see cudgers, auld laced up boots still in use, toilets open to the elements,ballboys getting paid half a pie,happiness at winning a cup every 25 years,a BOD who lost their faith, and weans who count planes and dont watch the match. Not a sad day for this st mirren supporter, it's exactly what we needed in fact.

I miss it all

When will see the likes again?

I could fair go half a pie now.

The selling group have packaged St Mirren so it is attractive to potential buyers , perhaps the group coming in have their own model to add value to their purchase , and in the process be good for St Mirren.

I trust whoever the current BOD sell to, is the right choice for the club. If it is true that the Argentinians are proposed to take over, they will have been months of research by the board to make sure everything is covered, in terms of who the guys are, what their plans are and that there plans are sustainable and for the best of the club.