Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

IF the present shareholders have sold their allocation it is entirely their right to do so. No amount of preaching by the likes of Shull will make a difference. It's a bit rich for such as he to try to dictate what should be done even to the extent of asking the current board to minimize their profit to appease us. It is, at the end of the day, their shares to sell and they have every right to maximize that return. We are only entitled to hope, not expect, that they have looked into the new, prospective owners.

IF the present shareholders have sold their allocation it is entirely their right to do so. No amount of preaching by the likes of Shull will make a difference. It's a bit rich for such as he to try to dictate what should be done even to the extent of asking the current board to minimize their profit to appease us. It is, at the end of the day, their shares to sell and they have every right to maximize that return. We are only entitled to hope, not expect, that they have looked into the new, prospective owners.

Disagree hugely on one point here - supporters, players, coaches, staff... All should indeed expect that the selling consortium have looked into prospective owners, not just hope they have.

How?

Firstly i will not go all Bluto on you for the above post, although i may be wrong and you may well be a hollywood image of a red indian, secondly saint mirin or mirren or any other variation of the name, has had no links to forming a football club and is claimed by several churches as being of their chosen religion, some very clever supporter of our great club had probably decided that naming the club after an historic figure - who was seen as a saint by several religions - was a great way to show that there is no place in our club for religious bigotry

Billy, from the way i read the recent events, the board played graeme macpherson like a harp by feeding him that story.

The english bid served a couple of key purposes for Douglas St

• they had a weak spot that enabled douglas street to keep them warm-without any intention to ever take their bid
  • this left them with a live bid that they could use to keep the valuation of their holding up in negotiations with others
  • they were then able to use them as a smokescreen if a more dubious bid arose (one which matched their valuation, which was their only real concern) as a way of creating a monster that hadto be slain
They are hoping we all just give them an easy ride as they tie up the loose ends and any EGM will be a cakewalk. "we saw off the worst case scenario and left you with only the second worst"

I wonder how amenable SG would now be to an emotive speech from someone seeking to head off this bid? But he leads a group with 75% in the bag and does not have to listen to anyone he doesnt want to, does he?

my view is that we will likely see short, maybe medium term success here and that the new owners will all have a healthy take from player sales. As long as they invest in local talent and improving the SMFC infrastructure i have no problem with that. We may see a whole new generation of saints fans on the back it all with an effect that will last for decades. the new owners could then sell up after a few years with a stellar approval rating a la McCann.

alternatively, they might choose to offset their debt to the club, invest only in what benefits them as individuals and leave us vulnerable to an insolvency event in 2-3 years time

there may be other scenarios as to how this all plays out, but i dont have the imagination to dream them all up.

i would echo any suggestion that we invest in SMISA with the intention of building up a fan-controlled fund for possible future emergency use. Just in case it comes in handy. i would also encourage SMISA to never again give any kind of loan or development payment to the club. The money SMISA have given to date has been spent making Douglas Street's holding more attractive for sale, hindsight is a great thing but maybe they would have been better holding on to some of that . These new guys need to show they can stand on their own feet and there may well be a

better and higher purpose SMISA's

money.

So the consortia get their cash and walk away. Hooray for them. The fans have been used by the consortia for their own purpose. Gives you a warm feeling doesn't it.

As for SMISA they could have backed the bid by 10000 Hours but didn't. Not sure that I can support their strategy as the notion of having one place on the Board is a lot less than having a controlling share.

Unless we get some more info from the BoD and soon, I would rather sit tight and see what comes up.

funny thing no one i think has mentioned before,

the board have bought the rest off shares to get to 75%

,if so no wonder the manager budget keeps getting cut and we are left with crap players

questions to be answered by SG and the rest have we no money for players this window

bloody hell what a way to run our club

Edited by mad saint 2

funny thing no one i think has mentioned before,

the board have bought the rest off shares to get to 75%

,if so no wonder the manager budget keeps getting cut and we are left with crap players

questions to be answered by SG and the rest have we no money for players this window

bloody hell what a way to run our club

i know that companies can buy their own shares back

IF it is the way it has been done then it leaves a pretty nasty taste to cut spending to the bone so that they can then use company money to buy up the balance of 75%. they dont own the balance but they control it

if Douglas st used their own money to purchase the balance then it is less unpalateable

Edited by beyond our ken

So when do we expect a solid confirmation of this story either in the negatively negative or the positively positive?

I for one shall be staring at my favourite forum tomorrow with excited fear and trepidation.

The selling on of our wonderful club is always going to incur a "fear of the unknown" for us fanatics of all things Paisley. Let us hope that some wonderful people swing into town, spend big in a sensible manner and leave the club in a far better condition (and it is in damn good condition) than that in which the inherited her. These things do happen in football but unfortunately not to us....I am keiching myself even more than usual.

PS I do not know why the words that I am typing as so very big, so very big indeed.

Who's arse im I licking, Rather be that than a negative auld tosser like you,

I ignored him quite some time ago. The forum is somewhat poorer for his membership. Just ignore him my forum friend. Like you I also put some value in the words of our forum master as he has proven himself repeatedly as a reliable source. This non valued person need not derail this conversation any further.

I ignored him quite some time ago. The forum is somewhat poorer for his membership. Just ignore him my forum friend. Like you I also put some value in the words of our forum master as he has proven himself repeatedly as a reliable source. This non valued person need not derail this conversation any further.

Chat started on twitter via someone who was in hospitality yesterday...no idea if Div had any other source(s).

Remember Franco Miranda - he used to play for River Plate!!! Come to think of it - we have really struggled to field any decent characters these days. Thommo is about the most charismatic player we have and he's injured most of the time!! I agree that this move could be a MASSIVE risk - but hey - life's a risk. Looking forward to seeing some crazy outfield goalie action :-)